229 replies to this topic

#1 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,456 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:48 PM

Benches

Grizzlies Jerryd Bayless Nick Calathes Seth Curry Ed Davis Jamaal Franklin Marc Gasol James Johnson John Leuer Mike Miller Quincy Pondexter
Nuggets Darrell Arthur Kenneth Faried Evan Fournier Randy Foye Danilo Gallinari JaVale McGee Quincy Miller Andre Miller Anthony Randolph Nate Robinson

Game Information

Previews: CBS | ESPN | NBA | Yahoo

Stat Comparisons: ESPN | FOX | NBA

Depth: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Referee Assignments: NBA

Live Game Info: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA

Play-By-Plays: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Box Scores: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Shot Charts: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Game Flows: CBS | ESPN | Popcorn Machine

Recaps: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

#2 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,894 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:31 AM

The return of Darrell Arthur! Kosta Koufas goes up against his old team. Randy Foye returns and man do I dislike that guy.

This should be an interesting game to watch. I hope the fans turn out to cheer the team on to victory.

#3 grizzknob

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:34 AM

At some point I'm sure we'll have Johnson going against Wilson Chandler, in a fierce battle of the neck tattoos.

#4 Xerion

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • Interests:Sports, women, agriculture, photography, computers

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:51 AM

I am sorry for the Nuggets. The Grizzlies will come up very angry and hungry. This is a big win.

#5 GrizzliesIQYO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,827 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:17 PM

No faith ...in these guys without Marc..only vocal leader we have

YO

#6 DPI Graphics

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:57 PM

I really liked the combo of JB,MM,& JJ last night in the first half. I don't remember seeing it in the second half but it was fun to watch.

#7 Grinder 901

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts
  • Interests:Grizzlies, Krav Maga, Movies, Reading, etc.

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:18 PM

View PostDPI Graphics, on 27 December 2013 - 01:57 PM, said:

I really liked the combo of JB,MM,& JJ last night in the first half. I don't remember seeing it in the second half but it was fun to watch.

Man me too. Zach passed out of a double team and JB hit a three and made em pay. JJ stole the show in that second quarter

#8 Once_a_hater

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,875 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:29 PM

Please bench Prince.

#9 GrizzTigerFan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,731 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:36 PM

View PostGrinder 901, on 27 December 2013 - 08:18 PM, said:

Man me too. Zach passed out of a double team and JB hit a three and made em pay. JJ stole the show in that second quarter
I will keep preaching that. The Zbo we need right now is a playmaker from the post. NOT the carry offense on back as strictly a scorer. What good is drawing double teams if you are going to just shoot into them anyway.
Find the cutters and find the guys spotted up behind the arc. That's the jolt our offense needs not more isolation postUps and midrange jumpers.

#10 BeastModeGrizz

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 07:56 AM

The Grizzlies looks energized on the last few games. I can tell they are on the comeback. Gasol is also coming back soon so, watch out for The Angry Bears!!! Go Grizzlies.

#11 LadPro

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Interests:being tgmtel

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:58 AM

I don't have a good feeling about this one, the Nuggets seem like a team that will do us wrong. I'll be tuned in.

#12 Lexus LX 570

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:01 AM

Andre Miller this season is shooting 50% from 3 this season (9-18). Way above his career averages.

#13 BeastModeGrizz

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:04 AM

I just believe they will start to turn things around from here on.

#14 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,666 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:57 AM

View PostLexus LX 570, on 28 December 2013 - 10:01 AM, said:

Andre Miller this season is shooting 50% from 3 this season (9-18). Way above his career averages.

why wont that guy just freakin retire---jeez, he kills us. You think he is old and slow and we might have an advantage when he is in, but he always just kills us. Normally its him backing down his defender and posting up and making the shot in the paint. I guess now he is a 3 pt sharp shooter. EVERYBODY in the West shoots 3s--EVERYBODY but us

#15 Memphis Madness

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:05 PM

This game would be a solid win (have to beat solid teams at home) but a BAD loss. We have to make up some ground at home.

#16 GrizzTigerFan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,731 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:11 PM

I want this win - screw a tank job! Play the best players Joerger

#17 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,666 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:13 PM

NOLA spanked DEN pretty good last night. And as far as playing somebody on the 2nd night of a back to back, the Grizzlies have proven that it is of no advantage to them. MEM can lose to a team playing for the 2nd night in a row just as easily if not more easily than a rested team.

MEM has no clue how to step on an opponent and put them away. This season is full of games that MEM has led only to collapse and lose.

DEN will come out ready to play and determined not lose on back to back nights. They know MEM is down. This will be a hard game to win.

#18 Memphis Madness

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:17 PM

View PostGrizzTigerFan, on 28 December 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

I want this win - screw a tank job! Play the best players Joerger
Good idea. This also looks like a draft that the Grizzlies could royally screw up.

#19 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,666 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:31 PM

View PostGrizzTigerFan, on 27 December 2013 - 08:36 PM, said:

I will keep preaching that. The Zbo we need right now is a playmaker from the post. NOT the carry offense on back as strictly a scorer. What good is drawing double teams if you are going to just shoot into them anyway. Find the cutters and find the guys spotted up behind the arc. That's the jolt our offense needs not more isolation postUps and midrange jumpers.

I agree totally. Zach is extremely important to the team, but he doesnt have to just try to do it all himself. He can be a good passer out of the double team when the others move and get in position.

Tillery pointed out that with 10 min left in the HOU game, MEM led by 10. Of the next 10 MEM shots, Zach took only one. The team went away from at least going through him. They settled for jumpers, blew the lead and it was a dogfight until the end when HOU lived on the FT line.

I am not saying that Zach has to shoot everytime. In fact I think he shouldnt, but he needs to be part of the offense and be allowed to draw the double team. The guys had it going the right way in the 2nd quarter but went away from it in the 2nd half. Sure hope they will stay with it if things are working tonight against DEN.

#20 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,666 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:34 PM

View PostLadPro, on 28 December 2013 - 09:58 AM, said:

I don't have a good feeling about this one, the Nuggets seem like a team that will do us wrong. I'll be tuned in.
something tells me we might see a nice helping of those elbow jumpers from DA tonight just to show the FO what they traded away.

Although, based on the records, DA ought to be thanking the FO for trading him to the Nuggets as they are ahead of MEM anyway.