• 5,417 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:01 PM

Matchups
Date & Time: Wednesday, November 27, 6:30 pm CT
Television: SportSouth, NBA LP / LPBB / LPM
Radio/Audio: 92.9FM, 680AM, Affiliates, NBA ALP / GT
Watch Party: None Announced

Benches

Grizzlies Jerryd Bayless Nick Calathes Ed Davis Jamaal Franklin Marc Gasol John Leuer Mike Miller Quincy Pondexter
Celtics Keith Bogans MarShon Brooks Vitor Faverani Kris Humphries Courtney Lee Kelly Olynyk Phil Pressey Rajon Rondo Gerald Wallace

#2 yelloyello

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:05 PM

OOOH BAYLESS'S COMEBACK

jk he still gunna suck.

#3 nwagrizzfan

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:09 PM

Will you please just tone it down?

Most of us care about the TEAM, not a single player.

#4 yelloyello

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:11 PM

View Postnwagrizzfan, on 25 November 2013 - 10:09 PM, said:

Will you please just tone it down?

Most of us care about the TEAM, not a single player.

Bayless's comeback, Mike Conley with another 20+ game, Zbo double double, Kosta with 4 blocks, and Tony Allen with another sick dunk. Better?

Come on, do you know who I am? Since when do I tone it down.

#5 El Lobo

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:39 PM

Grizz definitely win this one.

#6 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,819 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:53 PM

Grizzlies really need a win right now. It sure would make Thanksgiving sweeter if they pull it out in Beantown.

#7 yelloyello

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:06 PM

I'm going to throw myself off a mountain if they lose

#8 El Lobo

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:10 AM

View Postyelloyello, on 25 November 2013 - 11:06 PM, said:

I'm going to throw myself off a mountain if they lose

What you got going for you is, their are no mountains in Memphis.

#9 yelloyello

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:16 AM

View PostEl Lobo, on 26 November 2013 - 12:10 AM, said:

What you got going for you is, their are no mountains in Memphis.

That's why my family and I are heading to Pennsylvania tmrw lol

#10 El Lobo

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:21 AM

View Postyelloyello, on 26 November 2013 - 12:16 AM, said:

That's why my family and I are heading to Pennsylvania tmrw lol

Come on, yello. Enjoy the trip and the scenery........... BUT DON'T JUMP! JB might be the only friend he's got right now. He needs you :D/>/>

You and your family be safe. And a Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours

#11 yelloyello

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:31 AM

View PostEl Lobo, on 26 November 2013 - 12:21 AM, said:

Come on, yello. Enjoy the trip and the scenery........... BUT DON'T JUMP! JB might be the only friend he's got right now. He needs you :D/>/>/>/>

You and your family be safe. And a Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours

We are just going up to ski and to have thanksgiving with my relatives. I've never skied before so if I do fall off a mountain it will definitely be on accident lol. Thanks Lobo. Happy thanksgiving to you and your family as well!

#12 TT_Grizz

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,604 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:46 AM

does anyone else want to see a Calathes-Pondexter-Miller-Davis bench rotation? sick of seeing Bayless just thwart the offense with his bricks and turnovers. Pondexter hasn't been great either but unlike Bayless he can contribute in other ways (defense, scrappiness, hustle) + since he is a spot up shooter playing he and Miller with Calathes could get them some good looks.

just my two cents.

#13 BigHunkALove

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts
  • Interests:Rockabilly, Delta Blues, Gretsch guitars,Grizzlies, Grizz followers thoughts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:36 AM

View PostTT_Grizz, on 26 November 2013 - 01:46 AM, said:

does anyone else want to see a Calathes-Pondexter-Miller-Davis bench rotation? sick of seeing Bayless just thwart the offense with his bricks and turnovers. Pondexter hasn't been great either but unlike Bayless he can contribute in other ways (defense, scrappiness, hustle) + since he is a spot up shooter playing he and Miller with Calathes could get them some good looks. just my two cents.
I thought you said to ship JB AND Q outta here the other day?
Well you are right, send all the above list except MM outta here...oops ED we need for the moment.

#14 Grinder 901

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,252 posts
  • Interests:Grizzlies, Krav Maga, Movies, Reading, etc.

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:41 AM

Nothing better than beating weak East teams to make yourself feel better. Get that win Grizzlies

#15 Memphis Madness

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:41 AM

does anyone else want to see a Calathes-Pondexter-Miller-Davis bench rotation? sick of seeing Bayless just thwart the offense with his bricks and turnovers. Pondexter hasn't been great either but unlike Bayless he can contribute in other ways (defense, scrappiness, hustle) + since he is a spot up shooter playing he and Miller with Calathes could get them some good looks. just my two cents.
I'm with you. Calathes makes things flow. And, as long as he has a shooter or two out there, the team can orchestrate some points. Bayless needs to play with Conley as a sixth man off the bench. Or, a three guard lineup with JB, Conley, and TA. The other lineups featuring Bayless are less than optimal.

#16 Memphicity Design

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Interests:MemphisShirt.com

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:07 PM

After last night I don't want to see more than 3 bench players at a time (I'm now counting KK as a starter)

#17 LuvThem Grizzlies

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:19 PM

What did Pondexter do that was so bad that he got benched since the GS game? Didn't you think he had a pretty good game against the Warriors?

#18 LuvThem Grizzlies

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:22 PM

They won't be getting any good looks with Calathes in the lineup, the US Postal Service delivers faster than he does.

#19 yelloyello

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:46 PM

The reason Q isn't playing is because Gasol is out. Since Gasol is such a big playmaker for us, we need to have as many other playmakers on the floor to make up for his loss. That is why we are seeing Calathes. Moving Bayless to the 2 frees him up to basically shoot himself out of his slump but also provides more playmaking than having Quincy at the 2.

#20 TT_Grizz

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,604 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:57 PM

View Postyelloyello, on 26 November 2013 - 09:46 PM, said:

The reason Q isn't playing is because Gasol is out. Since Gasol is such a big playmaker for us, we need to have as many other playmakers on the floor to make up for his loss. That is why we are seeing Calathes. Moving Bayless to the 2 frees him up to basically shoot himself out of his slump but also provides more playmaking than having Quincy at the 2.
Bayless has 0 playmaking ability