486 replies to this topic

#1 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,398 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:06 AM

Benches

Grizzlies Jerryd Bayless Nick Calathes Ed Davis Jamaal Franklin Kosta Koufos John Leuer Mike Miller Quincy Pondexter
Spurs Jeff Ayres Aron Baynes Marco Belinelli Matt Bonner Nando De Colo Boris Diaw Manu Ginobili Cory Joseph Patty Mills

#2 TT_Grizz

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:10 AM

on to the next one

#3 Grinder 901

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:Grizzlies, Krav Maga, Movies, Reading, etc.

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:19 AM

It's gonna be a Battle on Beale St. Friday night!!!

We gave the Clips and the Warriors their first home losses. We broke their streaks. Lets do the same to these Spurs coming into our house, the Grindhouse!!!

#4 El Lobo

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:56 AM

I'm with you , Grinder. Spurs are not unbeatable. This will be a game I won't miss. GO GRIZZ!!!

#5 Thaigrizzly

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:10 AM

I hope TA's still benched for this game. We can't afford to have a slow start due to terrible spacing.

#6 GrizzliesIQYO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,740 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:15 AM

Keep the winning going Grizz

YO

#7 toomuchd

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:27 AM

View PostThaigrizzly, on 21 November 2013 - 06:10 AM, said:

I hope TA's still benched for this game. We can't afford to have a slow start due to terrible spacing.

We didn't exactly get off to a fast start last night either...

#8 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,755 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:38 AM

View PostThaigrizzly, on 21 November 2013 - 06:10 AM, said:

Posted Image

We didn't exactly get off to a fast start last night either...

Posted Image

#9 GrizzTigerFan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,321 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:53 AM

We also had lowest turnover rate all season and held opponent to 81pts in an OT game. So why exactly do we need to start them together again? ah yea for defensive purposes :lol:

#10 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,755 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:03 AM

Just curious but how many points did Golden State score the othter time Curry didn't play? Of course they had a backup PG that game but I believe it was 74 points against San Antonio. They scored 75 points against us in regulation without Curry or his backup.

But that isn't the point. I have not said we need TA and Prince for defense only. I have said that I want the team to develop chemistry in the starting unit before subbing things out. That the starting unit that took the team to the conference finals last spring shouldn't be busted up yet, especially when the team's bench was playing so poorly.

And I wasn't impressed with the offense last night but very happy with the defense despite the Warriors missing Stephen Curry. Holding any team to 75 points in regulation and 81 points in OT is an amazing accomplishment. Nearly as good as holding the Warriors to 90 points fully healthy.

But if the team has to make a switch to the starting lineup and trade away players for Aaron Afflalo, Evan Turner or whoever, why did they just accomplish something only three teams in NBA history have accomplished ever and no team has done in the past 20 years of so?

To end the argument I concede this point. The team needs to change their starting lineup and trade away players because clearly the rotation that got the team to the Conference Finals is not enough. I was wrong and we need to radically change the team's makeup from the starting five to the deep bench.

Are we all happy now?

#11 Grinder 901

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:Grizzlies, Krav Maga, Movies, Reading, etc.

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:08 AM

Chip "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" c3

#12 Shikaba

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:09 AM

People talking trash on TA should be banned forever of the boards wearing a Grizz jersey.

#13 GrizzTigerFan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,321 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:10 AM

View Postchipc3, on 21 November 2013 - 10:03 AM, said:

Just curious but how many points did Golden State score the othter time Curry didn't play? Of course they had a backup PG that game but I believe it was 74 points against San Antonio. They scored 75 points against us in regulation without Curry or his backup. But that isn't the point. I have not said we need TA and Prince for defense only. I have said that I wan the team to develop chemistry in the starting unit before subbing things out. That the starting unit that took the team to the conference finals last spring shouldn't be busted up yet. Especially when the team's bench was playing so poorly. But if the team has to make a switch to the starting lineup and trade away players for anyone else apparently why did they just accomplish something only three teams in NBA history have accomplished ever and no team has done in the past 20 years of so?

They have been playing with Qpon for over two years now - longer than they have with Prince. Why exactly would moving him into starting lineup disrupt chemistry?? that is the weakest argument ever. They have been running a closing lineup with Miller at SG and chemistry seems just fine.

Now if anyone was advocating starting Calathes and Franklin together then yea, "chemistry" may be a problem.

Don't know if you have played any sports before but that is extremely rare that guys that have played together over 100 games need to re-establish chemistry.

We did what we did due to our defense. Gasol is the real MVP of our west coast swing. He has been engaged, aggressive, and anchoring our defense. That is what makes us a GritNGrind team and I am glad to have He and Zbo back on same page. Also Everybody that saw the floor did there part mostly.

#14 Kevin B Moses

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,865 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:12 AM

How in the world do we have to play the spurs games so close together. This is some frackanakle bull.

#15 Crisco

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Grizz baby!

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:13 AM

Keep Grittin and Grinding fellas! We got this!! Lets show Pop and the Spurs they still have some tape to watch and they havent got us completely figured out yet!!

#16 El Lobo

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:32 AM

One thing is for sure. After seeing us win 4 straight on the West Coast, with a back to back sandwiched in that series; POP, and the Spurs won't take us lightly. WE will have to play grit, grind and hard for the whole game. Go Grizz.

We need a sell out crowd and people loud and on their feet for our Grizz. Be the 6th man for them.

#17 costarica2

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,521 posts
  • Interests:Boobs

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:18 PM

This game is on Mike Miller/Prince and Bayless if they don't show up we are done for the Spurs are on of the few teams who know how to double us inside.

Prince is gonna be so open so he needs to be ready to shot it.

#18 LuvThem Grizzlies

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:31 PM

One thing about Q, he DIDN'T pull the trigger last night when he had a wide open 3 and passed the ball. Don't remember if it led to a 24 second violation or a bad shot but it was one he should have shot. If he doesn't have enough confidence in his shooting ability to take that shot, he shouldn't be starting.

#19 Memphis Madness

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:47 PM

View Postcostarica2, on 21 November 2013 - 12:18 PM, said:

This game is on Mike Miller/Prince and Bayless if they don't show up we are done for the Spurs are on of the few teams who know how to double us inside. Prince is gonna be so open so he needs to be ready to shot it.
I wonder how many three pointers we need out of the combination of MM, Prince, Bayless, and Pondexter? 4? 5? 6? Those guys combined for 2 last night. I bet we will need more than 2 from those guys.

#20 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,755 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:54 PM

View PostMemphis Madness, on 21 November 2013 - 12:47 PM, said:

I wonder how many three pointers we need out of the combination of MM, Prince, Bayless, and Pondexter? 4? 5? 6? Those guys combined for 2 last night. I bet we will need more than 2 from those guys.
I don't believe there is an answer to that question. The team has lost games hitting 6 and more three pointers and won games hitting 2.