Jump to content


Grizzlies @ Clippers - 11/18/2013


585 replies to this topic

#1 SixthMan

    Hall of Famer

  • Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Germantown, TN, USA

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:19 PM

Matchups
Date & Time: Monday, November 18, 9:30 pm CT
Location: STAPLES Center, Los Angeles, CA
Television: SportSouth, NBA LP / LPBB / LPM
Radio/Audio: 92.9FM, 680AM, Affiliates, NBA ALP / GT
Watch Party: None Announced

Benches

Grizzlies Jerryd Bayless Nick Calathes Ed Davis Jamaal Franklin Kosta Koufos John Leuer Mike Miller Quincy Pondexter
Clippers Matt Barnes Reggie Bullock Darren Collison Jamal Crawford Willie Green Ryan Hollins Antawn Jamison Byron Mullens Maalik Wayns


#2 TT_Grizz

    1st Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,414 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pounding The Paint

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:22 PM

boy I'd love to win this one but it'll be really tough on a B2B on the road

#3 yelloyello

    1st Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Memphis

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:37 PM

so excited for some zbo + griffin action

#4 BigHunkALove

    1st Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,292 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Rockabilly, Delta Blues, Gretsch guitars,Grizzlies, Grizz followers thoughts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:01 PM

yes yello,

I hope ZBO minces Griffin.
Griffin will come out psyched (after being shamed the last time these two locked horns) so ZBo needs to be ready and deal with Griffin accordingly

#5 Grinder 901

    1st Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cordova, TN.
  • Interests:Grizzlies, Krav Maga, Movies, Reading, etc.

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:04 PM

Activate Beast mode and lleeggoooooo

Confidence should be up for our big three. Defend, pass the ball and lets hurt some feelings in Clipperland

#6 dancevan

    Starter

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Location:Fairhope, AL

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:09 PM

Oh how I want this win but it's gonna be tough, if they get the win it could be a big turning point

#7 Memphis Madness

    2nd Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:10 PM

I would like to see large doses of Z Bo and Marc Gasol. With a side of Koufos. Ed Davis can
go to Disneyland.

#8 BigHunkALove

    1st Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,292 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Rockabilly, Delta Blues, Gretsch guitars,Grizzlies, Grizz followers thoughts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:16 PM

View PostMemphis Madness, on 17 November 2013 - 08:10 PM, said:

I would like to see large doses of Z Bo and Marc Gasol. With a side of Koufos. Ed Davis can
go to Disneyland.
+1 :lol:

#9 Neo-Realist

    Champion

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,202 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:56 PM

Koufos can feast on the LAC backup bigs. He should play big minutes (more than 20m).
If the Grizz defense can play a little better, they have a real chance to win this game.

#10 BLUEandGOLD

    2nd Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:28 PM

Obviously the ZBO/Griffin match up will be great to see. But I want to see how Conley can do against Paul. Paul is a standard that we want Conley to get to. With the way MC is playing this year I think he can match Paul pretty close. Should be fun to watch.

#11 Father Pat

    1st Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:N.W. of Memphis
  • Interests:The Memphis Grizzlies.

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:49 PM

Can't wait to see how much Barnes gets fined for tweeting after this game! :lol:

#12 GrizzliesIQYO

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Grind House- Lower Bowl

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:01 PM

rivalry game....good challenge...First time playing them since we put them out the playoffs...


YO

#13 yelloyello

    1st Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Memphis

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:13 PM

Last game we played Clippers
• Gasol grabbed Butlers ankle and held it to the ground after he tried to step over his face then they had to be separated
• Butler talked dirt in JB's face and both had to be separated (happened right after Gasol got mad at crawford)
• Zbo and Blake wrestling match which included Zbo chocking griffin
• Chris Paul runs straight into gasol torn abdomen and gets ejected
• Zbo talks trash at Clipper bench and gets ejected. Runs off court in celebratory mode knowing we got the win
• Barnes goes practically mad after thinking he got ejected like 3 times lol


Ahh that was such a great game. Remember it just like yesterday!! That game and OKC game 5 were the best games in the playoffs. Hope it is as exciting as the last time we played them.

Wondering: does the clipper fans hate Memphis Grizzlies as much as memphis fans hate the Clippers? Like when the clippers come to the forum, u will never find it more loud and full of hate lol. Is it the same for when we go there?

#14 KelvisKblam

    Rookie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:We Don't Bluff City

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:05 PM

I think most of the feeble bandwagon "Clippers fans" don't feel deeply about anything, which precludes them from feeling the sort of visceral disdain we have for their team. I suspect most are your typically shallow LA people who could care less about anyone other than themselves. However, they should feel the hatred for the Griz, considering the acrimonious rivalry that this has become.

#15 new_skool91

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,610 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Memphis, TN

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:52 AM

View Postyelloyello, on 17 November 2013 - 10:13 PM, said:

Last game we played Clippers • Gasol grabbed Butlers ankle and held it to the ground after he tried to step over his face then they had to be separated • Butler talked dirt in JB's face and both had to be separated (happened right after Gasol got mad at crawford) • Zbo and Blake wrestling match which included Zbo chocking griffin • Chris Paul runs straight into gasol torn abdomen and gets ejected • Zbo talks trash at Clipper bench and gets ejected. Runs off court in celebratory mode knowing we got the win • Barnes goes practically mad after thinking he got ejected like 3 times lol Ahh that was such a great game. Remember it just like yesterday!! That game and OKC game 5 were the best games in the playoffs. Hope it is as exciting as the last time we played them. Wondering: does the clipper fans hate Memphis Grizzlies as much as memphis fans hate the Clippers? Like when the clippers come to the forum, u will never find it more loud and full of hate lol. Is it the same for when we go there?

59 personals, 7 techs, one flagrant, and we whooped those tricks! :lol:

#16 new_skool91

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,610 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Memphis, TN

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:55 AM

View PostKelvisKblam, on 17 November 2013 - 11:05 PM, said:

I think most of the feeble bandwagon "Clippers fans" don't feel deeply about anything, which precludes them from feeling the sort of visceral disdain we have for their team. I suspect most are your typically shallow LA people who could care less about anyone other than themselves. However, they should feel the hatred for the Griz, considering the acrimonious rivalry that this has become.
Bandwagoners, yes, but there is a contingency of somewhat blue collar Clips fans that have been loyal for years and understand what it's like being the underdog and long-suffering with a franchise playing in the shadow. This is a small amount of people though and while I can feel them, my sentiment for them pales in comparison to my disdain for the pretty boy superstars! LOL.

#17 BigHunkALove

    1st Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,292 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Rockabilly, Delta Blues, Gretsch guitars,Grizzlies, Grizz followers thoughts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:42 AM

View PostKelvisKblam, on 17 November 2013 - 11:05 PM, said:

I think most of the feeble bandwagon "Clippers fans" don't feel deeply about anything, which precludes them from feeling the sort of visceral disdain we have for their team. I suspect most are your typically shallow LA people who could care less about anyone other than themselves. However, they should feel the hatred for the Griz, considering the acrimonious rivalry that this has become.
I hope that w@^ker The Blake Show doesn't show up on these boards - he's just a Sh*t stirrer

#18 Mtownballer

    2nd Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Memphis, TN
  • Interests:Aviation, Music, Sports, Guitars, Grizzlies, Titans

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:05 AM

View PostBigHunkALove, on 18 November 2013 - 04:42 AM, said:

I hope that w@^ker The Blake Show doesn't show up on these boards - he's just a Sh*t stirrer

Thanks for mentioning his name. I was just about to forget about him too..

#19 TT_Grizz

    1st Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,414 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pounding The Paint

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:41 AM

View PostBigHunkALove, on 18 November 2013 - 04:42 AM, said:


I hope that w@^ker The Blake Show doesn't show up on these boards - he's just a Sh*t stirrer
hey mate you from Australia??

#20 BigHunkALove

    1st Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,292 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Rockabilly, Delta Blues, Gretsch guitars,Grizzlies, Grizz followers thoughts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:29 AM

View PostTT_Grizz, on 18 November 2013 - 05:41 AM, said:


hey mate you from Australia??
I've told you already remember - go Rabbitohs