• 5,403 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:00 PM

Matchups
Date & Time: Saturday, November 9, 7:00 pm CT
Television: SportSouth, NBA LP / LPBB / LPM
Radio/Audio: 92.9FM, 680AM, Affiliates, NBA ALP / GT
Promotions: No Promotions

Benches

Grizzlies Jerryd Bayless Nick Calathes Ed Davis Jamaal Franklin Kosta Koufos John Leuer Mike Miller Quincy Pondexter
Warriors Harrison Barnes Kent Bazemore Toney Douglas Festus Ezeli Draymond Green Ognjen Kuzmic Nemanja Nedovic Jermaine O’Neal Marreese Speights

Game Information

Previews: CBS | ESPN | NBA | Yahoo

Stat Comparisons: ESPN | FOX | NBA

Depth: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Referee Assignments: NBA

Live Game Info: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA

Play-By-Plays: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Box Scores: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Shot Charts: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Game Flows: CBS | ESPN | Popcorn Machine

Recaps: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

#2 BHZMAFIA

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,186 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:15 PM

This will either be a game that makes everyone forget about the first 5 games or things will only get worse from a fan standpoint. Lol

#3 GrizzliesIQYO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,742 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:05 AM

We can play up against a playoff team or get blown out ..our choice

YO

#4 Father Pat

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts
  • Interests:The Memphis Grizzlies.

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:33 AM

The way the Warriors are playing right now, the only way any team might have a real chance against them would be to hire Tanya Harding and her friend to pay them a visit.
The Warriors are steam rolling and won't cool off for awhile, at least a month. This game is bad timing for the Grizzlies.
Hopefully the Grizzlies will give their best. I'd be happy with that right now.

#5 El Lobo

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:50 AM

View PostFather Pat, on 07 November 2013 - 12:33 AM, said:

The way the Warriors are playing right now, the only way any team might have a real chance against them would be to hire Tanya Harding and her friend to pay them a visit. The Warriors are steam rolling and won't cool off for awhile, at least a month. This game is bad timing for the Grizzlies. Hopefully the Grizzlies will give their best. I'd be happy with that right now.

Don't forget "on any given night the worst team in the league can win" Your words, FP.

#6 Allen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,610 posts
  • Location:The City Where I live in and the City Where im from

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:36 AM

There are a lot of teams with more talented rosters than ours

#7 Dwash

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,228 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:55 AM

View PostAllen, on 07 November 2013 - 05:36 AM, said:

There are a lot of teams with more talented rosters than ours

Yeah Hollins style reduced the talent aspect a bit.

#8 oldmanGrizz

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:55 AM

At this point, I'd just be happy with an A+ effort. That's sad, isn't it.

#9 TheProof

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,740 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:11 AM

Harrison Barnes will likely be back for the Warriors too.

Looks like we'll get a chance to see a guy we could have acquired for Rudy Gay instead of Prince and Ed Davis.

#10 yelloyello

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:26 AM

• Conley will have to do all offense
• Q still in his weird slump
• Tayshaun poor offense
• turnovers
• mike millers struggling defense
• gasol's disinterest and lack of defense
• no outside shooting outside of Miller
• JBay out with sprained knee
• Calathes going up against the freaking golden state warriors in the super fast paced offense someone help him
• Ed Davis still on the struggle bus

This is going to be a disaster.

Unless, yesterday night was a huge wakeup call and a miracle happens on this team in the next two days.

#11 BLUEandGOLD

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:52 AM

We need 110% energy on defense and we need to go back to our very SLOW and grinding offense to keep this anywhere near close. Really need to limit possessions.

#12 El Lobo

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:59 AM

Grizz always won most of their games by playing defense, which lead to stops, steals, and concerted effort resulting in getting enough offense to set a franchise record of 56 wins. THIS YEARS TEAM LOOKS COMPLETELY LOST. They don't get back on defense, they have almost as many turnovers as assists, and they don't play to their strength. (which is inside/outside basketball) Joerger doesn't have a clue He's coaching this team like it's a D-league team. Just run a round like headless chickens.

If you notice the trend; now our opponents make more steals, get more blocked shots, have more energy, and play harder. In all fairness the players have to take the blame along with the coach. Sad to watch, and I agree with Allen. Our talent is overrated. We did not improve our team this year. Davis has always sucked, Calathes is a D-league player, Koufas has shown me nothing, Leuer plays hard but is not very athletic and of little real help. Pondexter is overrated, Prince is Prince(enough said), and my avatar Gasol may be pregnant and probably should go on maternity leave . He is playing horrible. Joerger was a cheap hire and it shows.

The sky may not be falling, but the rooster has left the hen house and the hens are laying the wrong kind of eggs.

#13 fanboyslim

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,585 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:05 AM

Unlike some people around here I don't think the FO and the coaching staff are complete idiots. They have a plan and will stick to it while evaluating its progress until some milestones are met (or not met). If the results aren't what they expected there will be changes. Whether they'll wait 10, 20 or 30 games or how radical the changes will be, we obviously don't know, but don't doubt for a moment that decisions will be made if this streak of lackluster play goes on for much longer.

What would really make me lose all hope in the FO and coaching staff is if they went all reactionary and started changing the lineup/rotation after every loss or making a fire sale of underperforming players as soon as we lost two games in a row. I can understand the frustration and am frustrated myself, but seriously, guys, get a grip. You don't trash a plan at the first bump in the road. That's just poor management.

That's not to say we all need to like the plan. I'm sure the majority of posters has some criticism or another regarding the FO and coaching decisions and long term strategy (I do have more than a few). But this everything-is-lost-woe-is-me litany that seems to make its way into every thread is starting to get grating. More so if some of it comes from people that have clearly made up their mind about the team months before the season started and are just looking for opportunities to say "I told you so".

I miss GTG. At least with him the wild overreaction went both ways.

#14 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,802 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:22 AM

Warriors will look to score over 140 points. They don't want the Rockets to have the highest points scored in a game this season. :o

#15 Timmy_D

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts
  • Interests:The Memphis Grizzlies, Tigers, Graphic Design, Movies most sports

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:20 AM

Win

#16 grizzyoface

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 618 posts
  • Interests:It's all in the family

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:37 AM

^yeah this is going to be a surprising win for all of us

#17 Timmy_D

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts
  • Interests:The Memphis Grizzlies, Tigers, Graphic Design, Movies most sports

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:56 AM

These guys have pride. They will snap out of it. Zbo always dominates the Warriors and TA loves shutting down Curry. This is the game.

#18 Dwash

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,228 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:00 PM

View PostTimmy_D, on 07 November 2013 - 11:56 AM, said:

These guys have pride. They will snap out of it. Zbo always dominates the Warriors and TA loves shutting down Curry. This is the game.

So who does Conley hold? Jarrett Jack is gone.

#19 Grinder 901

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:Grizzlies, Krav Maga, Movies, Reading, etc.

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:14 PM

We win this and the haters shut up for a few days.

#20 Memphis Madness

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:24 PM

One thing about this game, we know we have to come out fighting since our backs against the wall. We also know that we have to slow the game down and beat them up inside.

We can't trade jumpers with Golden State.

We will miss Bayless and Prince is really shaky but our bench might be able to play ok.
They have talent on their bench but no real leader. Hopefully we start Q Pon and give Calathes, Franklin, Mike Miller, Ed Davis, and Koufos/Leuer some run as our second unit.
... That has to be our identity now. Q Pon with the starters and the Gator Guards with the bench mob. No Bayless as the savior of the second unit. The comeback kids looked pretty good last night, so lets see what happens.

Tayshaun needs to figure out where he fits. He could play point forward or stretch 4 against some of the small Warriors lineups.