Grizzlies @ Raptors - 10/23/2013

195 replies to this topic

#1 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,398 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

.10 Year Anniversary Year Anniversary . 10 Year Anniversary Year Anniversary . 10 Year Anniversary Year Anniversary . 10 Year Anniversary Year Anniversary . 10 Year Anniversary

Matchups
Date & Time: Wednesday, October 23, 6:00 pm CT
Television: No Local Coverage
Radio/Audio: 92.9FM, 680AM, Affiliates, NBA ALP/GT
Watch Parties: None

Benches

Grizzlies Andre Barrett Jerryd Bayless Nick Calathes Ed Davis Melvin Ely Jamaal Franklin Tony Gaffney Kosta Koufos John Leuer Mike Miller
Grizzlies Tayshaun Prince Willie Reed
Raptors Quincy Acy D.J. Augustin Dwight Buycks Austin Daye Landry Fields Aaron Gray Tyler Hansbrough Carlos Morais Steve Novak Terrence Ross
Raptors Julyan Stone Chris Wright

#2 yelloyello

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:55 PM

I'm getting really annoyed that barely any of our preseason games are televised.

#3 notnilc20

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:02 PM

Me too. But everytime i turn on NBaTv the Lakers are playing someone or the GSW are playing someone. It's frustrating for sure. Seeing as how we should have picked up a little bit more respect making it to the WCF last season. I Mean wtf, GSW haven't done anything and they get tons of coverage. I guess everyone loves Curry and Barnes.

Look at how many times NbaTV broadcasts our team preview compared to other teams. I've only seen once, while OKC team preview is showing every other few hours it seems.

Last rant, I can listen to the preseason games on 92.9 but the reception is so bad it's unbearable. Thanks.

#4 chasingpapes

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:09 PM

Cot **** finally got a game on tv. Hoping to get to this one.

#5 yelloyello

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:19 PM

We definitely get 0 respect. But hey, let it happen. I want us to be the ones that everyone bets against. It'll make winning this years NBA finals that much sweeter.

#6 grindforth

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Interests:defense wins chips.

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:39 PM

I really hope we win this game I live in Canada and I won't hear the end of it if the Raptors beat the Grizz :(

#7 Xerion

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Interests:Sports, women, agriculture, photography, computers

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:43 AM

The Flight #22

#8 Memphis Madness

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:50 AM

I bet we put Tony Allen on Rudy Gay. I would also like to see if Franklin and Gaffney can guard Rudy. I wonder if Calathes can stay in front of Kyle Lowry? Other than that, there aren't a whole lot of questions about our team.

#9 oldmanGrizz

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:41 AM

Austin Daye will probably light us up for 20 plus tonight.

:lol:

#10 yelloyello

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:01 AM

The only reason my mom is watching this Grizz preseason game is because Rudy Gay is playing😒

#11 GrizzTigerFan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,333 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:04 AM

Really want to see how Gaffney defends against Rudy. This to me will be a true test if he is a viable NBA player.

#12 yelloyello

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

It's kinda funny. It's awkward/weird in a lot of angles. Both teams have two "old" players. Rudy and Daye playing old team, Memphis , and JB and Ed are playing their old team, Toronto.

#13 Wells

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,743 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

View Postyelloyello, on 23 October 2013 - 10:42 AM, said:

It's kinda funny. It's awkward/weird in a lot of angles. Both teams have two "old" players. Rudy and Daye playing old team, Memphis , and JB and Ed are playing their old team, Toronto.
Don't forget Kyle Lowry.

But then, most of the preseason have been "revenge games". Chicago was the exception.

Dallas - Ellington, Calathes
Milwaukee - Leuer, Mayo
Orlando - Miller
Atlanta - Carroll
Raptors - Lowry, Gay, Daye, Bayless, Davis
Houston - Brewer

#14 TheProof

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:59 PM

View PostWells, on 23 October 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

Don't forget Kyle Lowry. But then, most of the preseason have been "revenge games". Chicago was the exception. Dallas - Ellington, Calathes Milwaukee - Leuer, Mayo Orlando - Miller Atlanta - Carroll Raptors - Lowry, Gay, Daye, Bayless, Davis Houston - Brewer
None of those are actual revenge games.

#15 Memphis Madness

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:36 PM

This is Rudy Gay's Super Bowl.

#16 Wells

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,743 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:46 PM

View PostTheProof, on 23 October 2013 - 01:59 PM, said:

None of those are actual revenge games.

Why do you think I put the term in quotes?

But many people do consider playing against a former team a revenge game, especially if the other team traded you away or demoted you so you left when you became a free agent. Zach certainly treats every game against the Clippers as a revenge game. If that pumps you up to have an impact on the game, then I say more power to you.

#17 yelloyello

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:56 PM

View PostWells, on 23 October 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

Why do you think I put the term in quotes? But many people do consider playing against a former team a revenge game, especially if the other team traded you away or demoted you so you left when you became a free agent. Zach certainly treats every game against the Clippers as a revenge game. If that pumps you up to have an impact on the game, then I say more power to you.

I would imagine it becomes somewhat personal.

I have a feeling Rudy, Bayless, Ed, and Kyle will be seeing this game a little bit more different than anyone else. Maybe they feel like they have something to prove... because if a team traded you, I imagine they want them to look back and regret giving you up. Especially with how competitive these guys are.

#18 chasingpapes

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:47 PM

View PostWells, on 23 October 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

Why do you think I put the term in quotes? But many people do consider playing against a former team a revenge game, especially if the other team traded you away or demoted you so you left when you became a free agent. Zach certainly treats every game against the Clippers as a revenge game. If that pumps you up to have an impact on the game, then I say more power to you.

Except for the Houston game tho. How many games did Ronny Brewer play for the Grizz, 10? LOL

#19 grindforth

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Interests:defense wins chips.

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:45 PM

I really hope we win this game..

#20 yelloyello

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

I'm excited this game will be a good one. Some of our players have lots of history with these teams. They will take this game probably the most seriously out of all our games.