Jump to content


Grizzlies & Spurs - 5/27/2013


378 replies to this topic

#1 SixthMan

    Hall of Famer

  • Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,428 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Germantown, TN, USA

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:40 PM

Benches

Grizzlies Darrell Arthur Jerryd Bayless Ed Davis Austin Daye Keyon Dooling Donte Greene John Leuer Quincy Pondexter Willie Reed Tony Wroten
Spurs Aron Baynes DeJuan Blair Matt Bonner Nando De Colo Boris Diaw Emanuel Ginobili Cory Joseph Tracy McGrady Patty Mills Gary Neal

Game Information

Previews: CBS | ESPN | NBA | Yahoo

Stat Comparisons: ESPN | FOX | NBA

Depth: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Referee Assignments: NBA

Live Game Info: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA

Play-By-Plays: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Box Scores: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Shot Charts: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Game Flows: CBS | ESPN | Popcorn Machine

Recaps: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo



#2 GTG

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,375 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Memphis

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:51 PM

Go down fighting Grizz. Gotta avoid the sweep. We can beat these guys at least once or twice.

#3 Grinder 901

    1st Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cordova, TN.
  • Interests:Grizzlies, Krav Maga, Movies, Reading, etc.

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:52 PM

I still believe

#4 yelloyello

    1st Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Memphis

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:53 PM

There is going to have to be a DRASTIC change in mentality and play if we want to dig ourselves out of this one.


Hey, we made history this year by making it to the WCF for the first time. Let's keep making history and be the (9th?) team to battle ourselves out of a 3-0 deficit.

#5 Flex-I-Bility

    2nd Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:53 PM

View PostGrindhouse2413, on 25 May 2013 - 10:52 PM, said:

I still believe

We're in the WCF. A few years ago, we hadn't won a playoff game.

No reason to stop believing now.

#6 GTG

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,375 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Memphis

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:54 PM

View PostFlex-I-Bility, on 25 May 2013 - 10:53 PM, said:



We're in the WCF. A few years ago, we hadn't won a playoff game.

No reason to stop believing now.
This wouldn't just be a franchise first though, it'd be an NBA first. Defying history like that is pretty tough.

#7 GrizzTigerFan

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,448 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:55 PM

This is for pride. Maybe Hollins changes starting lineup for this one. I'm also not opposed to Leuer getting all the backup bigs minutes. Need someone that can spread the floor.

#8 Flex-I-Bility

    2nd Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:57 PM

View PostGTG, on 25 May 2013 - 10:54 PM, said:


This wouldn't just be a franchise first though, it'd be an NBA first. Defying history like that is pretty tough.

Sure.

Win or lose, I'm going to be proud of this team and proud of how far we've come.

No one expected us to be here anyway. Everyone thought the Spurs and Thunder or Thunder or Clippers would be here instead.

We need to retool this team in the offseason, but it's hard to deny it's been a great season.

No shame in losing to a team with the best coach in the business and three future hall of famers. I still think the guys will win one.

#9 Gone Fishing

    1st Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,632 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sardis Lake

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:15 AM

No way Hollins change the lineup! He'll seem to desperate and he doesn't want that idea to surface.

#10 GTG

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,375 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Memphis

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:17 AM

View PostGone Fishing, on 26 May 2013 - 12:15 AM, said:

No way Hollins change the lineup! He'll seem to desperate and he doesn't want that idea to surface.
But aren't we desperate anyways? IMO, Q needs to start. There's nothing to lose now, so give it a shot! I think we may be pleasantly surprised.

Besides, Prince rolled his ankle and barely played after that. He shouldn't be starting.

#11 Neo-Realist

    Champion

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,269 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:40 AM

View PostFlex-I-Bility, on 25 May 2013 - 10:57 PM, said:

Sure. Win or lose, I'm going to be proud of this team and proud of how far we've come. No one expected us to be here anyway. Everyone thought the Spurs and Thunder or Thunder or Clippers would be here instead. We need to retool this team in the offseason, but it's hard to deny it's been a great season. No shame in losing to a team with the best coach in the business and three future hall of famers. I still think the guys will win one.

This.
For those who really understand the game of basketball, you should be really proud of how this team did. The Rudy trade was primarily made so the FO would have some financial flexibility to improve the team in the offseason, hopefully by getting some reliable shooting. Everything that has happened since the trade, including making it to the WCF, was because Marc and Mike, and to some extent, Zbo and Qpon, made significant improvements in their game. That, more than anything, should give fans reassurance about this team's future.

#12 Gone Fishing

    1st Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,632 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sardis Lake

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:56 AM

Great Post Neo-Realist!! Great Post sir.

#13 TT_Grizz

    1st Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,611 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pounding The Paint

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:43 AM

One game at a time. Win game 4. That's all that matters.

#14 evergrizz

    Starter

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:25 AM

View PostNeo-Realist, on 26 May 2013 - 12:40 AM, said:

This. For those who really understand the game of basketball, you should be really proud of how this team did. The Rudy trade was primarily made so the FO would have some financial flexibility to improve the team in the offseason, hopefully by getting some reliable shooting. Everything that has happened since the trade, including making it to the WCF, was because Marc and Mike, and to some extent, Zbo and Qpon, made significant improvements in their game. That, more than anything, should give fans reassurance about this team's future.


+

#15 GrizzliesIQYO

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,802 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Grind House- Lower Bowl

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:17 AM

Bring Tay and Zach off the bench..no slow offensive starts..will throw off the Spurs gameplan... Its no way we win 4 in a row sticking to a scheme that cannot even yield wins when up 18..We should have blown them out yesterday..but we could not score b4 or after our big run..

YO

#16 evergrizz

    Starter

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:33 AM

I predicted the Spurs would win the series in 5.

So the Grizz will win Monday night.

Grizz 88 Spurs 82

#17 yelloyello

    1st Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Memphis

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:53 AM

Just because this game was lost, it does NOT mean the guys have given up. I know the men on our team are now even more hungry for the NBA Finals. Gasol hates losing more than he loves winning, and he will be seeking revenge this coming Monday. JB is probably the most competitive person on the team, and I know his confidence is not faltering, only driving him to put the Spurs in their place. ZBO yesterday night after the loss, "There is more work to do. I WANT THAT RING." Tony's faith will drive him because he knows anything is possible. We were humbled these past three games, but we will be exalted. The Spurs have been exalting themselves, but they will be humbled.

Remember the ravenous Grizzlies we saw in the first quarter yesterday? Those were Grizzlies with fire in their eyes, and the Grizzlies we will see the next four games.



An animal is never more dangerous than when it is injured.





*In NCAA football history, Maryland came back from a 31-0 deficit to stun No. 6 Miami.

*Down 3-0 at the half to AC Milan, Liverpool scored three goals in six minutes to tie the game up in the second period. They won on penalty kicks.

*In the divisional playoffs, down 28-16 with less than two minutes to play, injured quarterback Roger Staubach came off the bench to lead the Cowboys to two quick scores and one of the most improbable wins in NFL history.

*Called the Miracle on Manchester, the LA Kings defeated the heavily favored Oilers (led by Paulina Gretzky's dad, Wayne) after scoring six straight goals.

*The Bills rallied back from a 32-point point deficit, still the largest comeback in NFL history, to top the Oilers in a thrilling playoff game.

*The Flyers not only came back from a 3-0 deficit in the series, but rallied late to win game seven on a late goal.

*Grizzlies come back from a 3-0 deficit in the WCF series to not only go to the NBA Finals, but to make a comeback that will go down in History.

Just like the teams mentioned above.

#18 evergrizz

    Starter

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:05 AM

View Postyelloyello, on 26 May 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

Just because this game was lost, it does NOT mean the guys have given up. I know the men on our team are now even more hungry for the NBA Finals. Gasol hates losing more than he loves winning, and he will be seeking revenge this coming Monday. JB is probably the most competitive person on the team, and I know his confidence is not faltering, only driving him to put the Spurs in their place. ZBO yesterday night after the loss, "There is more work to do. I WANT THAT RING." Tony's faith will drive him because he knows anything is possible. We were humbled these past three games, but we will be exalted. The Spurs have been exalting themselves, but they will be humbled.

Remember the ravenous Grizzlies we saw in the first quarter yesterday? Those were Grizzlies with fire in their eyes, and the Grizzlies we will see the next four games.



An animal is never more dangerous than when it is injured.





*In NCAA football history, Maryland came back from a 31-0 deficit to stun No. 6 Miami.

*Down 3-0 at the half to AC Milan, Liverpool scored three goals in six minutes to tie the game up in the second period. They won on penalty kicks.

*In the divisional playoffs, down 28-16 with less than two minutes to play, injured quarterback Roger Staubach came off the bench to lead the Cowboys to two quick scores and one of the most improbable wins in NFL history.

*Called the Miracle on Manchester, the LA Kings defeated the heavily favored Oilers (led by Paulina Gretzky's dad, Wayne) after scoring six straight goals.

*The Bills rallied back from a 32-point point deficit, still the largest comeback in NFL history, to top the Oilers in a thrilling playoff game.

*The Flyers not only came back from a 3-0 deficit in the series, but rallied late to win game seven on a late goal.

*Grizzlies come back from a 3-0 deficit in the WCF series to not only go to the NBA Finals, but to make a comeback that will go down in History.

Just like the teams mentioned above.


Wow! I feel better already. Thanks

#19 DFLORY

    Rookie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:15 PM

I think prince faked his injury just like Manu did in 2011 just ask Tony Allen.

#20 Once_a_hater

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,874 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brasil

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

We need at least a W.