362 replies to this topic

#1 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,398 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:35 AM

Benches

Grizzlies Darrell Arthur Jerryd Bayless Ed Davis Austin Daye Keyon Dooling Donte Greene John Leuer Quincy Pondexter Willie Reed Tony Wroten
Spurs Aron Baynes DeJuan Blair Matt Bonner Nando De Colo Boris Diaw Emanuel Ginobili Cory Joseph Tracy McGrady Patty Mills Gary Neal

Game Information

Previews: CBS | ESPN | NBA | Yahoo

Stat Comparisons: ESPN | FOX | NBA

Depth: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Referee Assignments: NBA

Live Game Info: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA

Play-By-Plays: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Box Scores: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Shot Charts: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Game Flows: CBS | ESPN | Popcorn Machine

Recaps: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

#2 Shikaba

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:55 AM

Grizz in 6! Let's do this!!

#3 GrizzedByBluffCity

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,229 posts
  • Interests:** Please DO NOT REPLY to this computer generated e-mail. **

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:19 AM

TRAP GAME!

#4 costarica2

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,521 posts
  • Interests:Boobs

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:21 AM

The one thing about game 1 is that Hollins tries to many lineups that's the only issue I see.

We might see Daye in this series.

#5 Dwash

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,147 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:23 AM

View Postcostarica2, on 17 May 2013 - 08:21 AM, said:

The one thing about game 1 is that Hollins tries to many lineups that's the only issue I see. We might see Daye in this series.

The Spurs are a lot less physical. Guys like Daye and Davis could play more and make a difference.

#6 BLUEandGOLD

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:20 AM

If they play Bonner off the bench I would love to see Daye on him. Length to stop Bonner's 3 ball and to make his own. This would mean they would be playing small and Davis might get his big shot. If they stay big their guys have meat and LH will probably stick with DA.

#7 Neo-Realist

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:28 AM

View PostBLUEandGOLD, on 17 May 2013 - 09:20 AM, said:

If they play Bonner off the bench I would love to see Daye on him. Length to stop Bonner's 3 ball and to make his own. This would mean they would be playing small and Davis might get his big shot. If they stay big their guys have meat and LH will probably stick with DA.

With the Spurs the individual matchups are really only half the battle. Their offense is based on motion and pick and rolls that create mismatches and space for open looks to the basket.
This means to defend them well, a defense has to be disciplined. The TEAM defense has to prevent them from penetrating into the paint while not over helping on shooters.
I'm not saying Daye or Davis can't contribute, but they both are so undisciplined on defense and have such bad defensive instincts (especially on the pick and roll) it would be a problem if either one was playing anything other than spot minutes.

#8 BHZMAFIA

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,131 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:37 PM

View PostGrizzedByBluffCity, on 17 May 2013 - 07:19 AM, said:

TRAP GAME!

MUST WIN OR SERIES IS OVA!

:lol:

#9 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,374 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

The Spurs have had a pretty easy ride so far. Playing the Lakers in the first round was basically like playing a lottery team. Then GSW was pretty mediocre as well. I think SA may be overwhelmed when faced with a legit team like the Grizzlies. It'll be a shock to them.

Grizzlies 98 Spurs 87

#10 GrizzedByBluffCity

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,229 posts
  • Interests:** Please DO NOT REPLY to this computer generated e-mail. **

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:09 PM

GTG - I hope you're right but don't be too cocky yet. Let's see game1. Harrison Barnes has looked like a future allstar and it's made me eat crow. I saw him in person at the beginning of the season and had written him off as another draft bust. Man I was wrong but with the Denver playing without Galinari and against 45 year old Manu Ginobili a lot of guys in this league would look good. Regarding the fact that Spurs haven't been tested, I see your point. Bogut is ready for the glue factory. They don't even have a valid power forward on their roster anymore (the Warriors) hence Timmy Dunkers CRUSHED them.

I like our chances but until this thing gets going we have nothing to claim here and everything to prove. IF the guys spend too much time at BBQ Fest partying and living up the moment we could be looking at the start of a 4-0 series sweep. Spurs you know are going to use 2011 as motivation to pay us back here. TRAP GAME! :ph34r:/>

#11 Once_a_hater

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,857 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

Must win!!!

#12 smit-tay griz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,457 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:08 PM

We got our revenge against the Clippers and the Thunder. I just hope that it isn't revenge time for the Spurs. GO GRIZZLIES!!!!

#13 LuvThem Grizzlies

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:54 PM

I think everyone needs to remember that GS took 2 from SA, they're not slouches and contrary what someone else said, I think Bogut made GS a much tougher team. I'm looking at the Grizz in 6 but they won't be easy. I'm ready for them to get it on.

#14 new_skool91

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,618 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:55 PM

It will be a good series. They are healthy and experienced, but we played them well during the regular season and are a better team now, still with more to prove than they do.

#15 Once_a_hater

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,857 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:08 PM

Media is all over SA again (it's good for me to be the underdog).... we must: Grit and Grind all the games, win the rebound battle, impose our will inside and we have to hit some perimeter shoots to open things for our guys. We can't afford to let them pack the paint. If Zbo once again destroy their frontcourt we will be just fine. Splitter and Duncan will try to take the best of him, we must put them in foul trouble.

#16 mogroupleader

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:44 PM

guys, even though we are playing the spurs, who have dominated the west for over a decade, I think we can beat them easily. I think the series against steph curry and the warriors might have tired their old legs. plus we have one more day rest than them and they have less time to prepare and rest for us. We win in six and to the first nba finals in griz history! :D

#17 TT_Grizz

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:52 PM

TA on Parker, Prince on Ginobli?

#18 Memphicity Design

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,514 posts
  • Interests:MemphisShirt.com

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:18 PM

My few points....

I think Clippers series will have been tougher than this one.

About half their offense is a series of screens with Parker cutting to the left side in between the corner and top of key for a mid range shot. Defend that well and it will slow them down.

Do not over guard Parker and Manu driving the lane.... They kick it out for open threes which Manu, Green, Bonner and Leonard hit very well.

Grit and grind and sling some mud and never ever for any reason bluff.

#19 Wells

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,758 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:27 PM

The key to controlling Parker is to control the direction he goes. He does not dribble as well with his off hand, so if you make him go in that direction, he is not as strong. Has been his weakness his entire career. FYI, today was his 31st birthday.

#20 notnilc20

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:05 AM

Let's come out swinging. Take game 1 baby!!

Just watch out for the drive and dish and kicks. Play the big guys 1 on 1. Go Grizzlies!!