510 replies to this topic

#1 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,398 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:53 PM

Benches

Grizzlies Darrell Arthur Jerryd Bayless Ed Davis Austin Daye Keyon Dooling Donte Greene John Leuer Quincy Pondexter Willie Reed Tony Wroten
Thunder Ronnie Brewer Nick Collison Derek Fisher Perry Jones Jeremy Lamb DeAndre Liggins Kevin Martin Daniel Orton Hasheem Thabeet Russell Westbrook

Game Information

Previews: CBS | ESPN | NBA | Yahoo

Stat Comparisons: ESPN | FOX | NBA

Depth: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Referee Assignments: NBA

Live Game Info: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA

Play-By-Plays: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Box Scores: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Shot Charts: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Game Flows: CBS | ESPN | Popcorn Machine

Recaps: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

2013 NBA Playoffs, Round 2, Western Conference, 1 vs 5

1. Grizzlies @ Thunder Game 1: Sun, May 5, Noon CT - Loss 91-93
  2. Grizzlies @ Thunder Game 2: Tue, May 7, 8:30 pm CT - Win 99-93
  3. Thunder @ Grizzlies Game 3: Sat, May 11, 4:00 pm CT - Win 87-81
  4. Thunder @ Grizzlies Game 4: Mon, May 13, 8:30 pm CT - Win 103-97
  5. Grizzlies @ Thunder Game 5: Wed, May 15, 8:30 pm CT - TNT, Watch Parties
  6. Thunder @ Grizzlies Game 6*: Fri, May 17 - ESPN, Promos TBD
  7. Grizzlies @ Thunder Game 7*: Sun, May 19 - TV TBD, Watch Parties TBD
  8. *If Necessary

#2 BHZMAFIA

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,121 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:19 AM

Very interested to see how our players come out in Game 5. Will they be relaxed knowing Game 6 will be in Memphis or will they go balls to the wall and close it out?

I think they end up playing a little too laxed, but I hope I'm wrong. I would love to close this out so our guys can get some rest.

#3 TT_Grizz

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:29 AM

I think some credit has to be given to Tayshaun Prince. Sure he hasnt been scoring and has been terrible offensively, but he's played some good defense on KD and all around.

#4 evergrizz

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:45 AM

One game at a time. Grizz and Thunder have played 4 times. And all of them have been wars right up to the end.

I don't see that changing. The only thing for sure is that the first team that gets 4 wins advances.

#5 Porteroso

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:52 AM

Agreed. Prince has played excellent defense on KD. And tonight, he made some important shots.

The next game, we do need to close this out. There's no reason to allow OKC to take this to 6. This was pretty much their best shot. Sure, it's in their home, but we've already stolen 1. We can steal 2 from them. We must do this to give ourselves rest for the winners of Golden State/Spurs. We'll need alot of juice to hang with those guys.

#6 Mtownballer

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, Music, Sports, Guitars, Grizzlies, Titans

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:42 AM

We need to trash this place up! Grizz needs to be focused and keep in the game! No time for partying or celebrating JUST yet! Remain focused be glad and great you won that's fine but don't go overboard and lose focus on this game. Many said we needed this win (including me) but we also need Wednesday's win (or should I say tomorrow) as well. Being in OKC's house this will be a hard fought battle and I expect "Loud City" too live up too it's name.

#7 Grizz-tastic

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:12 AM

I think we win this one, we played excellent against clips game 6 for the close out, although it was at home. Come out swinging and keep grinding and have a nice long break after we win. Stay focused and play like we are down 3-1.

#8 New_Sacred_Cow

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts
  • Interests:balencesto.

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:27 AM

View PostTT_Grizz, on 14 May 2013 - 12:29 AM, said:

I think some credit has to be given to Tayshaun Prince. Sure he hasnt been scoring and has been terrible offensively, but he's played some good defense on KD and all around.
People keep complaining about Prince not shooting but I want to see a stat that shows what the percentage of made baskets on plays that he passes up the shot that leads to a made basket in the post season. It's great how willing he is to look for that better shot in the set rather than chuck it up there.

#9 costarica2

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,521 posts
  • Interests:Boobs

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:30 AM

I want to see our bench guys playing well on road.Bayless Q and DA.

#10 STS

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:NBA,NFL,MLB,NHL.

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:42 AM

So thunder changed defensive matchups with Thabo on Mike. He still scored 24 points. I think the Thunder have exhausted all their options. Their best overall game was yesterday and we still managed a win. I don't think we had one complete game yet. We had a lead and lost it or trailed big and regain it. We need to maul them at their house. I'm pretty confident we can. We need to shut their crowd out early like Miami did with Chicago. We will have a long rest when we win Wednesday.

#11 Once_a_hater

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,852 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:31 AM

Must win!!!

#12 Once_a_hater

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,852 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:33 AM

Barkley called us the team to win the West: " They are going to the Finals"... Make it; "Barkladamus" calling it once again; I'm so excited with our chance to win it all. Must take it the way it is.... it's a war and prior our sucess nobody believed in us. BELIEVE MEMPHIS.

#13 Once_a_hater

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,852 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:36 AM

View PostBHZMAFIA, on 14 May 2013 - 12:19 AM, said:

Very interested to see how our players come out in Game 5. Will they be relaxed knowing Game 6 will be in Memphis or will they go balls to the wall and close it out? I think they end up playing a little too laxed, but I hope I'm wrong. I would love to close this out so our guys can get some rest.
Totally agree. Some needed bench help in game 5. Finish them.

#14 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,374 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:58 AM

Marc looked like he was in pain during the press conference last night. Sure hope he's ok for game 5.

#15 Identity Thief

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • Interests:The Ultimate Yes Man

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:05 AM

Marc would play even if he had his arm cut off. And he would still look comfortable doing it. I wouldnt be to worried about him playing or not. I would worry if we had to extend this series to 7 games. I want them to be able to rest for the winner of the GS/SAS series.

#16 BLUEandGOLD

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:25 AM

I agree rest is important. They need to get this one. However, I am concerned....has anyone else noticed that the demeanor of the players after the game last night was different from Saturday post game? They seemed to sigh and be happy....almost content. They said all the right stuff (one game at a time) but Saturday they were still in workmen mode (no one was smiling). I hope they do not lax on the grit and grind tomorrow night.

#17 toomuchd

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:29 AM

I think we can stand to lose this game. Its so hard to beat a team 4 times in a row, especially two series in a row. If we lose tomorrow there is no chance we lose in Memphis for Game 6 though

#18 BHZMAFIA

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,121 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:15 PM

View Posttoomuchd, on 14 May 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

I think we can stand to lose this game. Its so hard to beat a team 4 times in a row, especially two series in a row. If we lose tomorrow there is no chance we lose in Memphis for Game 6 though

With Durant, there is always a chance. That's why the team gotta take care of business Wednesday. You never want to give a player like Durant the opportunity to smell blood.

#19 Faceman

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

you gotta take all 3 shots to win this series. Game 6, if it comes back, will be as tough as 4.

#20 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,759 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:56 PM

View PostFaceman, on 14 May 2013 - 12:20 PM, said:

you gotta take all 3 shots to win this series. Game 6, if it comes back, will be as tough as 4.
The Thunder are a very talented team. They can win three straight games just as easily as they fell in a 3-1 hole. Memphis needs to play their game and take care of business or they will find the pressure on them instead of the Thunder.

Also, there was a good article written over at RealGM.com about the series and the idea of a closer.