279 replies to this topic

#1 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,455 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:43 AM

Benches

Grizzlies Darrell Arthur Jerryd Bayless Ed Davis Austin Daye Keyon Dooling Donte Greene John Leuer Quincy Pondexter Willie Reed Tony Wroten
Clippers Matt Barnes Eric Bledsoe Jamal Crawford Willie Green Grant Hill Ryan Hollins Lamar Odom DaJuan Summers Ronny Turiaf Maalik Wayns

Game Information

Previews: CBS | ESPN | NBA | Yahoo

Stat Comparisons: ESPN | FOX | NBA

Depth: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Referee Assignments: NBA

Live Game Info: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA

Play-By-Plays: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Box Scores: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Shot Charts: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Game Flows: CBS | ESPN | Popcorn Machine

Recaps: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

#2 TT_Grizz

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:47 AM

Must win

#3 Once_a_hater

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:08 AM

View PostTT_Grizz, on 23 April 2013 - 12:47 AM, said:

Must win

+1

I will probably miss it. Already loose my night and my study for today. And man how much I have to study now... once again by Grizzlies for a while. I will comeback as soon as I can...

It will probably take I while but I hope when I get back things are better for me and the team.

#4 Blue Bear

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:49 AM

I will just enjoy the game for what it is. I hope this team makes the right changes next year. TP is not even getting half the points Rudy would get in the playoffs. I like ZBO a lot but I really think they should have moved him as well.

#5 Grizzled Vet

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,359 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:05 AM

Grizz wouldn't be the first team to get down 2-0 and come back and win a series.

But they can't get down 3-0. Let's hope this series goes at least 6 games.

#6 Crisco

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:Grizz baby!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:15 AM

Lets hope the guys can hit free throws.... otherwise, the next threads going around here will be "What will the team do in the offseason"

I'll be out of town, but will definitely catch the game on TNT. Hoping to not be disappointed again.....

#7 Grinder 901

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts
  • Interests:Grizzlies, Krav Maga, Movies, Reading, etc.

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:15 AM

Game two's effort gives me hope for a war in game three and four. We are home and I hope we pack the Grindhouse. Lets get this thing tied up!! Starts with a win Thursday night.

#8 GamesOut

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:50 AM

View PostGrindhouse2413, on 23 April 2013 - 08:15 AM, said:

Game two's effort gives me hope for a war in game three and four. We are home and I hope we pack the Grindhouse. Lets get this thing tied up!! Starts with a win Thursday night.

Let's hope for the best. Teams winning the 1st 2 games of a 7 game set usually win the entire series about 94% of the time. We need to take it 1 game at a time. And with some energy from ZBO.

#9 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,375 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:58 AM

In all reality, we HAVE to win these next two games to have a chance at the series. There's no more room for error when battling this Clippers team.

#10 Grinder 901

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:08 AM

Free throws. Enough said

#11 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,375 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:21 AM

View PostGrindhouse2413, on 23 April 2013 - 09:08 AM, said:

Free throws. Enough said
Exactly.

#12 Arkm110

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:04 AM

We can win the next two and make a comeback in the series. Is it a sell out? I live in California so I'm hearing the hate from clippers fans. We better win this so I can have bragging rights. We have to hit free throws an contain Chris Paul, Eric Bledsoe, and Jamal Crawford. Gasol must stay in the paint the whole game. Jordan can only dunk and that's it so there should be no reason for gasol to move out of the paint. Hollins better play Davis.

#13 Carson

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:01 AM

Must win the next two. And I have a good feeling about it.

#14 Mtownballer

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, Music, Sports, Guitars, Grizzlies, Titans

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:05 AM

I'll be in the FedExForum!

#15 Grinder 901

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:05 AM

Marc. You are back home man. You can stop fading away from the basket/contact. You are the man defensively. Keep bringing it offensively cuz your brother from another mother is getting raped by Blake.

#16 Grinder 901

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:08 AM

View PostMtownballer, on 23 April 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

I'll be in the FedExForum!

As will I. I have my two seats, I bought my brother two seats and I am trying to sell two more. Man I really hope the fans of this team pack the house. Especially on the late Thursday game. Sell it out Memphis. I'm doing my part.

#17 toomuchd

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:09 AM

Obviously game 3 is huge. If we win it, I say we win game 4 as well. But if we lose I see a sweep coming. Its all about their mindset. Are they coming out ****** off with an edge or are they going to come out feeling sorry for themselves.

#18 Whozitz

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:17 AM

I think it's over, unfortunately. But let's win a couple and save some face. The Griz just can't compete with their bench.

#19 KelvisKblam

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:39 AM

Slight digression...But how about some hard Playoff fouls when these punks get open lanes to the basket?

I can think of several times last night when Bledsoe, Barnes, etc got back door cuts or other open lanes and Zbo, Marc, et al literally just stood there passively and let them finish with emphatic, deflating dunks. Don't injure anyone, but foul them HARD and at least make them hit the foul shots and, more importantly, think about it the next time they go for that dunk!

Remember what happened to DA in that Orlando game a couple of months ago? If Al Harrington can play like that for the Magic in a meaningless regular season game, why can't our guys play with that kind of fire against the Clips now?! FIGHT, D@%#IT! This is about pride as much as anything from this point on!

#20 GrizzTigerFan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:40 AM

View PostGrindhouse2413, on 23 April 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

Marc. You are back home man. You can stop fading away from the basket/contact. You are the man defensively. Keep bringing it offensively cuz your brother from another mother is getting raped by Blake.

View PostGrindhouse2413, on 23 April 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

Seems crazy to say now, but his actual Brother would've been more help in this series. (Pau had 16pts 16rebs 6ast against Spurs)