108 replies to this topic

#1 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,403 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:36 PM

Benches

Grizzlies Darrell Arthur Jerryd Bayless Ed Davis Austin Daye Keyon Dooling Donte Greene John Leuer Quincy Pondexter Willie Reed Tony Wroten
Jazz Alec Burks DeMarre Carroll Jeremy Evans Derrick Favors Enes Kanter Travis Leslie Kevin Murphy Jamaal Tinsley Earl Watson Marvin Williams

Game Information

Previews: CBS | ESPN | NBA | Yahoo

Stat Comparisons: ESPN | FOX | NBA

Depth: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Referee Assignments: NBA

Live Game Info: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA

Play-By-Plays: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Box Scores: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Shot Charts: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Game Flows: CBS | ESPN | Popcorn Machine

Recaps: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Western Conference Playoffs - Round 1

1. Game 1: Team, Location, Date and Time To Be Determined
  2. Game 2: Team, Location, Date and Time To Be Determined
  3. Game 3: Team, Location, Date and Time To Be Determined
  4. Game 4: Team, Location, Date and Time To Be Determined
  5. Game 5: If Necessary
  6. Game 6: If Necessary
  7. Game 7: If Necessary

#2 Mtownballer

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, Music, Sports, Guitars, Grizzlies, Titans

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:38 PM

Let's make a dent in their playoff plans. We won the home opener vs them now it's time to win the regular season closer vs them!

#3 Grinder 901

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:Grizzlies, Krav Maga, Movies, Reading, etc.

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:19 PM

View PostMtownballer, on 15 April 2013 - 08:38 PM, said:

Let's make a dent in their playoff plans. We won the home opener vs them now it's time to win the regular season closer vs them!

I couldn't agree more. We end our season with a win. For the city. For the fans. For the team. Grind Forth Memphis!

#4 Grizzled Vet

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:58 PM

As much as I would like to see the Lakers get bumped out by the Jazz, I also want to see OKC get pushed in the first round, and a Kobe-free Laker squad might be the team to do it. It certainly won't be the Jazz.

For some reason, without Kobe on the roster, I don't mind the Lakers making the playoffs.

#5 evergrizz

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:44 PM

Utah has a very good starting 5. Lakers will be playing the same night we play Utah. This is a must win for Utah. They will be playing before the Lakers host the Rockets They will lay it all on the line. Utah has the tie breaker over the Lakers; so they know if they win and Houston beats the Lakers they are in the playoffs.

Even if it looks like we may not have the home court advantage against the Clippers, we need to finish this regular season on a winning note.

Take them down Grizz.

#6 CoachHesam

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
  • Interests:3.5% APR

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:10 AM

Utah game would be a bloody war. Utah's season is over if they lose this game so they'll fight tooth and nail. I wouldn't play Marc, even Conley in this game. There's too high risk of injury.
I think Grizz prefers to win this game to eliminate Utah from playoffs because Lakers will be much easier to deal with if the day comes.

#7 Granttis

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,029 posts
  • Interests:Salmon & Mashed Potatoes

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:51 AM

View PostCoachHesam, on 16 April 2013 - 03:10 AM, said:

Utah game would be a bloody war. Utah's season is over if they lose this game so they'll fight tooth and nail. I wouldn't play Marc, even Conley in this game. There's too high risk of injury.
I think Grizz prefers to win this game to eliminate Utah from playoffs because Lakers will be much easier to deal with if the day comes.
No way. Lakers are way more dangerous than the Jazz. But we do prefer to win for a chance at home court.

#8 fanboyslim

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,592 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:38 AM

View PostGrizzled Vet, on 15 April 2013 - 09:58 PM, said:

As much as I would like to see the Lakers get bumped out by the Jazz, I also want to see OKC get pushed in the first round, and a Kobe-free Laker squad might be the team to do it. It certainly won't be the Jazz. For some reason, without Kobe on the roster, I don't mind the Lakers making the playoffs.
They're an overall worse team, no doubt about it, but with plenty of looks to go around for Pau and Howard they could be a pain in the neck for OKC, They're also playing with house money since everybody thinks they'll be out (if not swept) in the 1st round, so all the pressure will be on OKC.

#9 Grizzled Vet

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:56 AM

LA can still get the #7 from Houston if they beat them on Wednesday night. I have a feeling that Clipper and Laker wins will render this game meaningless. I don't think the guys should sit for 5 days until their playoff series starts, but they don't need to play a lot of minutes either. Short rotations for the starters, barring a Portland upset of the Clippers tonight.

#10 Neo-Realist

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:07 AM

View PostGrizzled Vet, on 16 April 2013 - 07:56 AM, said:

LA can still get the #7 from Houston if they beat them on Wednesday night. I have a feeling that Clipper and Laker wins will render this game meaningless. I don't think the guys should sit for 5 days until their playoff series starts, but they don't need to play a lot of minutes either. Short rotations for the starters, barring a Portland upset of the Clippers tonight.

The problem is Grizz won't know outcome of Clippers and Laker games when they play the Jazz. I expect the team to play hard and play to win even if Clips beat Portland. Grizz want homecourt

#11 nwagrizzfan

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:57 AM

unfortunately, Sac's coach will not let Tyreke play Wed due to strained quad.....

#12 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,808 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

View PostNeo-Realist, on 16 April 2013 - 08:07 AM, said:

The problem is Grizz won't know outcome of Clippers and Laker games when they play the Jazz. I expect the team to play hard and play to win even if Clips beat Portland. Grizz want homecourt
I like that the team doesn't know. We go out and play hard and force the Clippers to play hard as well. They are older and less likely to handle the increased workload.

The Rockets/Lakers game is for 7th seed and both teams likely want to play the Spurs rather than the Thunder. Our game has little impact on the Lakers-Rockets game.

#13 CoachHesam

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
  • Interests:3.5% APR

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

View PostGranttis, on 16 April 2013 - 04:51 AM, said:

No way. Lakers are way more dangerous than the Jazz. But we do prefer to win for a chance at home court.

Lakers without Kobe is a terribly slow team. If Marc blocks Howard from scoring 26 then Lakers are dead. They don't have many scorers that can get through Grizz defense.

#14 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,808 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:04 PM

I have to ask this.

Is it better to lose to Utah and force the Lakers to win to remain in the playoffs knowing that they will finish 7th if they do, or beat Utah and give the Lakers the opportunity to rest their guys and finish 8th to play the Thunder?

Harden against OKC would be a great series and the Lakers-Spurs in the first round sounds fun but, assuming Memphis advances and all this is moot if they don't, would Houston wear out OKC more than the Lakers in the first round? Who would make OKC more beatable in the 2nd round?

#15 Trybanski Time

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:13 AM

View Postchipc3, on 16 April 2013 - 10:04 PM, said:

I have to ask this. Is it better to lose to Utah and force the Lakers to win to remain in the playoffs knowing that they will finish 7th if they do, or beat Utah and give the Lakers the opportunity to rest their guys and finish 8th to play the Thunder? Harden against OKC would be a great series and the Lakers-Spurs in the first round sounds fun but, assuming Memphis advances and all this is moot if they don't, would Houston wear out OKC more than the Lakers in the first round? Who would make OKC more beatable in the 2nd round?

Without a doubt, it'd be Houston. Houston is a good, deep team that will give most teams trouble. I honestly think the Lakers will be a somewhat easy out for OKC or SA. They have little depth and no leadership right now.

#16 GrizzedByBluffCity

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,270 posts
  • Interests:** Please DO NOT REPLY to this computer generated e-mail. **

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:53 AM

we need to win. haven't been really proud of our last few games. I'm counting on the bench to step up big tonight because starters obviously won't expend too much energy. But please no pull an OJ tonight.

#17 Memphicity Design

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts
  • Interests:MemphisShirt.com

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

The only way I want to lose tonight is if Denver loses against PHX yet we play before them.

#18 Shikaba

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:19 AM

The Memphis Grizzlies (55-26) host the Utah Jazz (43-38) on Wednesday prior to the Lakers' battle against the Rockets. A Memphis win would guarantee L.A. no worse than the eighth spot in the playoffs.

Has Lakers forward/center Pau Gasol called his brother, Memphis center Marc Gasol, to ask for a little help against the Jazz?

"I told him to please go out there and compete and try to win the game," said Pau.

Did he get a positive response?

"He said, 'We'll see,' because last night they played the starters 24 minutes. They probably play the same the next game," said the Lakers' forward/center.

The Grizzlies are still trying to finish with a better record than the Clippers, their likely first-round matchup. Memphis defeated the Dallas Mavericks on Monday despite Marc Gasol playing just half the game.

The Lakers would prefer to win regardless against the Rockets, enabling them to climb to seventh place, where they'd face the San Antonio Spurs. The Oklahoma City Thunder are the more daunting challenge if the Lakers finish eighth.

LA Times

#19 jdh6e

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

Would anybody possibly rather not have home court and play a depleted Denver team in the first round over having home court and play a Clippers team that has seemed to have our number?

#20 Grinder 901

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:Grizzlies, Krav Maga, Movies, Reading, etc.

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

View Postjdh6e, on 17 April 2013 - 01:26 PM, said:

Would anybody possibly rather not have home court and play a depleted Denver team in the first round over having home court and play a Clippers team that has seemed to have our number?

Up to the basketball gods but I don't fear any team when we are playing our best. I say revenge against clips is sweeter