286 replies to this topic

#1 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,403 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:20 PM

Benches

Grizzlies Darrell Arthur Jerryd Bayless Ed Davis Austin Daye Keyon Dooling John Leuer Dexter Pittman Quincy Pondexter Tony Wroten
Clippers Matt Barnes Chauncey Billups Eric Bledsoe Jamal Crawford Grant Hill Ryan Hollins Lamar Odom DaJuan Summers Ronny Turiaf Maalik Wayns

Game Information

Previews: CBS | ESPN | NBA | Yahoo

Stat Comparisons: ESPN | FOX | NBA

Depth: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Referee Assignments: NBA

Live Game Info: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA

Play-By-Plays: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Box Scores: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Shot Charts: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Game Flows: CBS | ESPN | Popcorn Machine

Recaps: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

#2 DPI Graphics

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:36 PM

Well let's hope DA, JBay, & TA all come out of tonights game allright.

#3 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,374 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:49 PM

I've been saying it for weeks: this game WILL decide homecourt advantage. Biggest game of the season? I vote yes.

#4 Grinder 901

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:Grizzlies, Krav Maga, Movies, Reading, etc.

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:09 PM

Def game of the year. We are banged up. Pull out the duct tape and let's grind this one out. I can't wait to see it live. It's going to be sold out and INSANE inside our Forum. Win!!!

#5 Shikaba

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,838 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:47 AM

It's pretty clear to me that LAC being ahead of us or not comes to today... Let's do everything we can! No ref BS tonight. (Maybe they gave us the Rockets game to BS this game...)

TA must to be focus on not turning the ball over... And it would be nice from Mike to hit those open 3's. ZBo needs a big game too.

#6 Crisco

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Grizz baby!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:52 AM

I'm just hoping the guys come out ready to play tonight and arent to drained after last nights win in Houston. I know they wanted to get that 7(6?) year loosing streak down there off their backs. This game is defintely huge tonight, although tbh, homecourt or not, I don't particularly fear the Clips in a playoff series. But I'd still like to see GnG come out and handle its business

#7 GrizzliesIQYO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:53 AM

Homecourt game but the 3 seed still in play

YO

#8 Mtownballer

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, Music, Sports, Guitars, Grizzlies, Titans

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:49 AM

This game will be interesting too watch. Both teams battled it out for wins last night on a B2B to come into the FDXForum to face again. This should be a fun one to watch I'm sure they're both tired. GO GRIZZ!!

#9 The Blake Show

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:30 AM

Hello friends. I agree, easily the most important game of the year so far for both teams. Grizzlies win makes it impossible for the Clippers to get HCA unless you guys lose your remaining 2 games (not happening). If the Clippers win though they have 2 easy games to close out and will have HCA at least if they win out. If Denver loses just once and the Clips or Grizzlies win out, they have the 3/4 seeds. In other words.. its a crazy dogfight but most likely this is a first round preview. I love the new rivalry we have so wouldn't have it any other way. I think another 6-7 game series of blood and guts again is on the table.

#10 mschnbch

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:17 AM

As much as I want to play the Clippers again in the first round for payback, I am dying for that 3 seed playing GSW and then SAS 2nd round. That way hopefully Den or LAC can knock out OKC in 2nd round and we will not have to go through them, or if we do go through them, it will be 3rd round and not 2nd.. I think SAS is banged up again this year like the 2011 playoffs so we should handle them if so.. We need to win out and Den needs to lose a game, PERIOD.. If not, let the blood battle begin.. Just hope Chris Paul tries to win this year without the antics.. We would respect him much more... Highly unlikely tho..

#11 chasingpapes

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:16 AM

The other games tonite are very important in terms of the Grizz getting 3rd seed;

Milwaukee owns the tiebreaker over Boston. If they win tonite vs Charlotte and Boston loses to Orlando thats more than enough a reason to put an effort in vs Denver on monday. Nuggets will be on a b2b and the Mavs will be on a b2b when Memphis plays them.

One game at a time tho. This is the first game in like a month I've watched a game since they haven't been on tv at all, I can't watch them online cuz my internet can't handle it loll. But I will be watchin every minute of this one!

#12 Father Pat

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts
  • Interests:The Memphis Grizzlies.

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:32 PM

View PostThe Blake Show, on 13 April 2013 - 09:30 AM, said:

Hello friends. I agree, easily the most important game of the year so far for both teams. Grizzlies win makes it impossible for the Clippers to get HCA unless you guys lose your remaining 2 games (not happening). If the Clippers win though they have 2 easy games to close out and will have HCA at least if they win out. If Denver loses just once and the Clips or Grizzlies win out, they have the 3/4 seeds. In other words.. its a crazy dogfight but most likely this is a first round preview. I love the new rivalry we have so wouldn't have it any other way. I think another 6-7 game series of blood and guts again is on the table.
I wouldn't bet on that last game in Sac town being an easy one. It's the second game of a back to back for you and might be the last NBA game played in Sac town. The Kings will be up for this game. If the clips win that game, it won't be by much.

#13 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,403 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

Grizzlies decided to do a Gametime page for this game.

Here is the Clippers' preview page.

#14 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,522 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

Fellow Grizz fans, we must remember that the game we won in LA was against the Clippers minus Caron Butler and Eric Bledsoe. Now Caron Butler doesnt scare me--not saying he isnt a good player-- but we didnt have to face EBledsoe.

EBledsoe is a freak of nature at times. He comes in with the 2nd unit and plays with CP3 on the floor some as well. I think he is something like all of 6 ft tall and he is a demon under the boards and I am literally afraid for Keyon Dooling if he has to face Bledsoe's top notch man to man defense.

Last year in the playoffs, Bledsoe singlehandedly was a wrecking crew for OJ Mayo when OJ was playing PG and giving Mike some rest. He hounded and hounded and hounded OJ rendering OJ useless and forcing turnovers and making us not be able to actually start our offense until 11-12 secs left on the shot clock.

JBay and Mike are going to have to score because you know Jamal Crawford and CP and Bledsoe are going to score.

Look for Vinny to put once again put a young, long, athletic defender on Zach who will pound, deny, beat up Zbo whenever possible. These type of guys are kryptonite for Zach these days.

Our main hope is that Marc exploits his matchup. Marc will have to be aggressive and we will need 18-25 pts from him to win. He has to either score or find the open cutter or shooter. If Marc has a bad game, it may not be pretty. The last time these guys visited FEF, they wiped the floor with us, called the dogs off late in the game and still won by almost 30.

Just being realistic here. Lets face it, they are the more talented team by far, but we have to play together and be focused and play defense. Defense may not win the game for us, we will have to score to do that, but good defense always gives you a chance.

By the way---"Austin Daye, paging Austin Daye---please bring your 'almost 50% from the 3pt line shot' to the game tonight and be prepared to use it repeatedly." It would seem to me that we will need to drain at least a few 3 pointers to negate the multitude of 3s that they will undoubtedly hit tonight.

#15 Mtownballer

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, Music, Sports, Guitars, Grizzlies, Titans

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

On the 3PT subject our 3PT shooting was horrible last night in HOU and that wasn't a great defensive team at all. And on especially a back to back I'm not saying that we won't make any 3s tonight but expecting another 3PT outing from us ( 8 - 19 ).

#16 oldmanGrizz

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

Just for info, this is the NBA injury report for both teams.

Memphis Grizzlies Player Injury Status/Updated Notes
No injuries to report.

Los Angeles Clippers Player Injury Status/Updated Notes DeAndre Jordan C Knee Prob Sat - 4/13/13 Jordan is nursing a knee injury but is expected to play Saturday against the Grizzlies. Chauncey Billups G Groin Ques Sat - 4/12/13 Billups is sidelined with a groin strain. He returned to practice Thursday and is questionable to play Saturday against the Grizzlies.

#17 Identity Thief

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts
  • Interests:The Ultimate Yes Man

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

Man I wish i called in to work today. I want to watch this game so bad. it is going to be intense!

#18 STS

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Interests:NBA,NFL,MLB,NHL.

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

View PostThe Blake Show, on 13 April 2013 - 09:30 AM, said:

Wasup there. I wouldnt mind getting revenge on Clippers in the playoffs. For some reason, I just dont fear Clippers like I did early in the year. They toughness is not there anymore. Your bench is deeper for backcourts, but the players yall sent out last year were more of a problem. We dont have ballstoppers anymore. Even ZBO doesnt stop ball movement these past few weeks. Im looking forward to CP3 vs MC11. Who ever controls the pace better wins.

#19 CoachHesam

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
  • Interests:3.5% APR

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

<< Watching Suns on local-TV and Grizz on NBATV. I think Clipps might take this one 94-90.

#20 BigHunkALove

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts
  • Interests:Rockabilly, Delta Blues, Gretsch guitars,Grizzlies, Grizz followers thoughts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:21 PM

What a flop by CP3 - no wonder he's hated