• 5,403 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:44 PM

Matchups
Date & Time: Monday, April 1, 7:00 pm CT
Television: SportSouth, NBA TV, NBA LP / LPBB / LPM
Radio/Audio: 92.9FM, 680AM, Affiliates, NBA ALP/GT
Promotions: No Promotions

Benches

Grizzlies Darrell Arthur Jerryd Bayless Ed Davis Austin Daye John Leuer Dexter Pittman Quincy Pondexter Tony Wroten
Spurs Aron Baynes DeJuan Blair Matt Bonner Nando De Colo Tim Duncan Emanuel Ginobili Cory Joseph Kawhi Leonard Patty Mills Gary Neal

Game Information

Previews: CBS | ESPN | NBA | Yahoo

Stat Comparisons: ESPN | FOX | NBA

Depth: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Referee Assignments: NBA

Live Game Info: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA

Play-By-Plays: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Box Scores: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Shot Charts: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Game Flows: CBS | ESPN | Popcorn Machine

Recaps: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

#2 Neo-Realist

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

This will be an interesting game from a Pop perspective. It will be the second game in a 4 game/5nights series with the Spurs playing Mia on Sun, Mem on Monday and Okc thursday. He definitely will be resting starters in some of these games, the question is which ones...

#3 Grinder 901

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:Grizzlies, Krav Maga, Movies, Reading, etc.

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:05 PM

Can't wait to watch this game in the Grindhouse. The Bears are hungry for that home court. Lets keep the home winning streak going. So glad Ginobili won't be playing. He rivals Chris Fall as the worst Flopper in the league. Go Memphis!!

#4 notnilc20

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:43 PM

Gonna be a good game.

But can someone please explain to me why we are still in the 5 spot when we have a better winning % and are a 1/2 game ahead of the Clipps as well? I know they own the tie breaker but I thought that only applies if our winning percentage is the same? Enlighten me.

#5 Neo-Realist

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:49 PM

View Postnotnilc20, on 30 March 2013 - 10:43 PM, said:

Gonna be a good game. But can someone please explain to me why we are still in the 5 spot when we have a better winning % and are a 1/2 game ahead of the Clipps as well? I know they own the tie breaker but I thought that only applies if our winning percentage is the same? Enlighten me.

I think it's because they've won their division so can't be any lower than a 4th seed. Still, homecourt advantage in the first round of the playoffs is decided by record, so if Grizz have a better record they will get homecourt, even if Clips are 4th in the seeding (and Grizz are 5th)

#6 Mtownballer

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, Music, Sports, Guitars, Grizzlies, Titans

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:53 PM

If all goes well I could get my correct prediction of a rematch between the Grizz and the Clips in the 1st round.

#7 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,374 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:00 AM

Definitely a huge game, but we always play up/down to the competition so I expect us to play great and give them a run for their money.

#8 scooter

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:42 AM

View PostNeo-Realist, on 30 March 2013 - 10:02 PM, said:

This will be an interesting game from a Pop perspective. It will be the second game in a 4 game/5nights series with the Spurs playing Mia on Sun, Mem on Monday and Okc thursday. He definitely will be resting starters in some of these games, the question is which ones...

He knows he can't beat Miami, so he will (despite Stern watching him closely) rest them against Miami. He needs to beat Memphis, so he will have all his guns ready for us since they play us the next night after Miami.(Pops not gonna' play his big guns in back to back games at this point in the season.)

Then after us, the Spurs are at home against the Magic so he sit his main guys out again to get ready to play the Thunder at OKC.

#9 evergrizz

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:03 AM

Big game for us. We need to win this game before we head out West for 3 straight road games.

Keep Parker from going crazy against us (Easier said than done), and we will win this game.

Edited by evergrizz, 31 March 2013 - 01:05 AM.

#10 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,403 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:13 AM

View Postnotnilc20, on 30 March 2013 - 10:43 PM, said:

Gonna be a good game. But can someone please explain to me why we are still in the 5 spot when we have a better winning % and are a 1/2 game ahead of the Clipps as well? I know they own the tie breaker but I thought that only applies if our winning percentage is the same? Enlighten me.
This has to do with seedings, as the Clippers would be seeded before the Grizzlies, due to winning their division. You won't find the homecourt advantage rules on the NBA.com Standings page or the NBA.com Playoff Picture page (they only show tie breaker rules). However, the Playoff Seeding Primer article states that even if the Clippers are seeded fourth and the Grizzlies fifth, if the Grizzlies have a better winning percentage, the Grizzlies will have homecourt advantage.

"Homecourt advantage for any series is determined by record, not seed. So, it's possible that the 5 seed could have homecourt advantage over the 4, or that the 6 seed could have homecourt advantage over the 3."

(Thanks to chipc3 for finding this. Please share this to help minimize confusion.)

#11 STS

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Interests:NBA,NFL,MLB,NHL.

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

Spurs has 10 bodies on the bench. We have 8, any reason why we cant have 10? It wouldn't hurt to to have 2 extra guys.

#12 GrizzliesIQYO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,741 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:02 AM

I like the bench lineup of DA, Davis, Daye, Bayless and Qpon...size athleticism and scoring
.. I think Hollins should let them get some chemistry before the playoffs

YO

#13 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:52 AM

View Postscooter, on 31 March 2013 - 12:42 AM, said:

He knows he can't beat Miami, so he will (despite Stern watching him closely) rest them against Miami. He needs to beat Memphis, so he will have all his guns ready for us since they play us the next night after Miami.(Pops not gonna' play his big guns in back to back games at this point in the season.) Then after us, the Spurs are at home against the Magic so he sit his main guys out again to get ready to play the Thunder at OKC.

I am just curious, Not disputing you, but I am wondering why Pop "needs" to beat Memphis. I dont think he feels like MEM is going to come catch him for the division.

If he beats the Heat, then he picks up a full game on them in the race for the TOP SEED throughout the playoffs. It would just seem to me that he would want to beat MIA, rest his guys against us then get ready to play OKC, who is right behind him in the West.

I mean we are like 5.5 or 6 games behind SA with 11 to play. It would seem that MEM is the least of his worries--if Pop has any worries at all. LOL

#14 Neo-Realist

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:09 AM

View Postsouthbluffsgrizzfan, on 31 March 2013 - 10:52 AM, said:

I am just curious, Not disputing you, but I am wondering why Pop "needs" to beat Memphis. I dont think he feels like MEM is going to come catch him for the division. If he beats the Heat, then he picks up a full game on them in the race for the TOP SEED throughout the playoffs. It would just seem to me that he would want to beat MIA, rest his guys against us then get ready to play OKC, who is right behind him in the West. I mean we are like 5.5 or 6 games behind SA with 11 to play. It would seem that MEM is the least of his worries--if Pop has any worries at all. LOL

I agree with this.

#15 KoufosSnozz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,832 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

Spoelstra pulling off a Popovich? LOL

#16 KoufosSnozz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,832 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:06 PM

Wondering what to expect from the Spurs tomorrow after getting beat by Miami at their place.

#17 Neo-Realist

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

View Postliltonywrotenjr, on 31 March 2013 - 08:06 PM, said:

Wondering what to expect from the Spurs tomorrow after getting beat by Miami at their place.

My *guess* is that Duncan doesn't play tomorrow. But hard to know for sure. If they lose to Mem, Okc will really breathing down their neck for the first seed. BUT I'm not sure Pop et al take the seeding as seriously as resting their players. Hard to know but Grizz should come prepared.

#18 scooter

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

View Postsouthbluffsgrizzfan, on 31 March 2013 - 10:52 AM, said:

I am just curious, Not disputing you, but I am wondering why Pop "needs" to beat Memphis. I dont think he feels like MEM is going to come catch him for the division.

If he beats the Heat, then he picks up a full game on them in the race for the TOP SEED throughout the playoffs. It would just seem to me that he would want to beat MIA, rest his guys against us then get ready to play OKC, who is right behind him in the West.

I mean we are like 5.5 or 6 games behind SA with 11 to play. It would seem that MEM is the least of his worries--if Pop has any worries at all. LOL

Well He lost to the Heat, and he didn't rest any of his top available players. So He needs to beat Memphis as he is going to want to stay ahead of OKC record wise for home court advantage in the WCF play-offs.

I did say he wouldn't play his starters in back to back games. We shall see what Pop does tomorrow night against us . Maybe he thinks he can beat us regardless of who plays for him. But I doubt that. I think we will see him use all his available guns and ammunition against us.

Go Grizz!

#19 Grinder 901

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:Grizzlies, Krav Maga, Movies, Reading, etc.

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:37 PM

Very surprised a shorthanded Heat team beat the Spurs. Should never have been that close. They will be coming into our house embarrassed and possibly looking for payback. Hope we give them a warm welcome and send them packing. We are rested, we are home, and we are hungry. Go Grizzlies!!! I will be there, I plan on losing my voice.

#20 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,795 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:44 PM

San Antonio has played at Houston (Lost by 1 point), Denver (won by 1 point), the Clippers (won by 2 points) and Miami (lost by 2 points). That is a tough stretch of games. Playing the Grizzlies will be their 5th game in 9 days against top quality opponents. The grind is starting to show their age perhaps. I would expect them to come out on fire against the Grizzlies and hope to build a big lead to rest some down the stretch. The last thing I imagine they want is another game coming down to the last shot.