133 replies to this topic

#1 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

Benches

Grizzlies Darrell Arthur Jerryd Bayless Austin Daye John Leuer Dexter Pittman Quincy Pondexter Zach Randolph Tony Wroten
Hornets Ryan Anderson Xavier Henry Roger Mason Jr. Darius Miller Austin Rivers Brian Roberts Henry Sims Jason Smith Lance Thomas

Game Information

Previews: CBS | ESPN | NBA | Yahoo

Stat Comparisons: ESPN | FOX | NBA

Depth: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Referee Assignments: NBA

Live Game Info: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA

Play-By-Plays: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Box Scores: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Shot Charts: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Game Flows: CBS | ESPN | Popcorn Machine

Recaps: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

#2 Once_a_hater

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,416 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

Must win... please still rest DA and Zbo. Let both get ready for playoffs; special Zbo.

#3 smit-tay griz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,114 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

View PostSimple_Like_That, on 08 March 2013 - 09:30 PM, said:

Must win... please still rest DA and Zbo. Let both get ready for playoffs; special Zbo.
Honestly, I don't want him resting too much. Remember how he looked coming back after that long layoff last season? I hope he's back soon. Hollins has had several games to see what some of the bench players can do, now he needs to tweak things for the stretch run.

#4 Once_a_hater

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,416 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:52 PM

View Postsmit-tay griz, on 08 March 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

Honestly, I don't want him resting too much. Remember how he looked coming back after that long layoff last season? I hope he's back soon. Hollins has had several games to see what some of the bench players can do, now he needs to tweak things for the stretch run.

Rest him till Clippers game. Then get him into rhythmn slowly... Clippers, Jazz, Thunder and Celtics are the only games we trully need him. Special because I want to see him adjusting against those long/athletic frontcourts.

#5 Grinder 901

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts
  • Interests:Grizzlies, Krav Maga, Movies, Reading, etc.

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

We win this. No doubt. Guard that three point line for Pete's sake. Can't wait. Have to win these games. Next week is going to be rough. Nothing this tough team can't handle but still rough.

#6 Grinder 901

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts
  • Interests:Grizzlies, Krav Maga, Movies, Reading, etc.

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

Gasol played 40 minutes. Hope he has plenty in the tank for our game tomorrow night. We need him big time

#7 TT_Grizz

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:45 PM

Should be a W. Hornets probably gonna start giving up games to get a higher draft pick, nothing to play for at this point. Hopefully one of DA or Zbo are back so Marc can have a bit of a rest, and it's good to Leuer get minutes and actually contribute. Our bench has really stepped up since DA and Zach went down, especially Bayless, Wroten and Leuer. We just need to get Pondexter back in rhythm and get his hustle and defense back, and our bench is 100%.

#8 notnilc20

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:47 AM

Will we take the 3 spot with this win? By my calculations our winning % will be 0.6885 which should round up to 0.689 correct? The Clips dont play tomorrow and will stay at 0.688. If im wrong then whoops. If we do move to 3 that will be awesome. Just staying there though will be tough though and the Clips play the Pistons Sunday. Gotta win this game against the Hornets. Sure miss Zach. Go Grizz!!

#9 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,359 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:08 AM

View Postnotnilc20, on 09 March 2013 - 12:47 AM, said:

Will we take the 3 spot with this win? By my calculations our winning % will be 0.6885 which should round up to 0.689 correct? The Clips dont play tomorrow and will stay at 0.688. If im wrong then whoops. If we do move to 3 that will be awesome. Just staying there though will be tough though and the Clips play the Pistons Sunday. Gotta win this game against the Hornets. Sure miss Zach. Go Grizz!!
I know it can be confusing with winning %, but to determine positioning, you need to look at the "GB" (games back) column of the standings. Right now we are at 5.5 GB of the first seed. The Clippers are 4.5 GB. That means we are 1.0 games back of the Clippers. A single win/loss moves you 0.5 games ahead or back. So if we win, we would be at 5.0 games back and still 0.5 games behind the Clippers so no, we cannot move into third with this game.

Also, the Clippers currently hold the tiebreaker so even if we win tomorrow and they lose on Sunday (0.0 games between us) we'd still technically be in 4th.

#10 notnilc20

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:25 AM

View PostGTG, on 09 March 2013 - 01:08 AM, said:

I know it can be confusing with winning %, but to determine positioning, you need to look at the "GB" (games back) column of the standings. Right now we are at 5.5 GB of the first seed. The Clippers are 4.5 GB. That means we are 1.0 games back of the Clippers. A single win/loss moves you 0.5 games ahead or back. So if we win, we would be at 5.0 games back and still 0.5 games behind the Clippers so no, we cannot move into third with this game.

Also, the Clippers currently hold the tiebreaker so even if we win tomorrow and they lose on Sunday (0.0 games between us) we'd still technically be in 4th.

Oh ok. Thanks for the explanation.

#11 fanboyslim

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,294 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:20 AM

What's our magic number now? Hollinger's playoff odds give us 100% odds of making the playoffs, but as far as I know we haven't clinched yet.

#12 evergrizz

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:03 AM

Imo, unless they just can't go, we need Z-Bo and D.A. in this game. NOLA has been playing the Grizz tough.

Marc needs some rest. He (Marc) just played 40 minutes last night, plus the 40+ minutes he played in Wednesdays Portland game. I'm seeing him bending over holding on to his knees. You know Marc; he's a warrior. He doesn't want to come out of any game. He will play till he drops. I'm concerned about him being worn down and possibly suffering an injury. He's being pushed to the limits without Z-Bo out there helping absorb some of the banging inside the post.

Grizz have a lot of tough games and travel with the West Coast trip staring at them. Need "Big Spain" as rested as possible.

#13 costarica2

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts
  • Interests:Boobs

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:46 AM

I get the talk about rest but both Gasol and Conley are Young is not like they are Duncan and Parker they should be able to play lots of minutes at this point of their carrer.

#14 BLUEandGOLD

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:56 AM

View Postcostarica2, on 09 March 2013 - 08:46 AM, said:

I get the talk about rest but both Gasol and Conley are Young is not like they are Duncan and Parker they should be able to play lots of minutes at this point of their carrer.
I agree, but that's really not the issue. It's the wear and tear and the multiple games at this pace that will ultimately hurt them. We need them fresh for those tough games and the playoffs. Palying at that pace can also up the chances of injury...which we cannot afford.

#15 Father Pat

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts
  • Interests:The Memphis Grizzlies.

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:50 PM

View Postnotnilc20, on 09 March 2013 - 12:47 AM, said:

It all boils down to the losses column. From here on out, if the Grizzlies match the clips in losses, we will finish ahead of them as we have one less loss than they do. You can go out and get another win, but you can never get rid of a loss.

#16 Whozitz

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

Looks like no Zbo or DA again tonight. This is gonna be a tougher matchup with a healthy Anthony Davis.

Speaking of Davis and of his team's new name, Pelicans, has anyone thought that they went with the Pelicans because their star rookie was eyebrows that resemble that of a bird in flight in the distance. Much like a pelican.

#17 Grizz'dOutPoster

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:27 PM

We should win tonight, hope zbo and DA are back. Also excited to get a grizz bobblehead....

#18 Subliminal

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:10 PM

View PosttheGrizzFan, on 09 March 2013 - 02:50 PM, said:

It all boils down to the losses column. From here on out, if the Grizzlies match the clips in losses, we will finish ahead of them as we have one less loss than they do. You can go out and get another win, but you can never get rid of a loss.

Isn't getting a win, in a sense, getting rid of a loss?

:ph34r:

#19 PragmaticIdealist

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:59 PM

I'll be at the game from Nashville - anyone else?

#20 realgfan

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:15 PM

this will be a tough game considering that Zach or DA not playing and they got a few grizzlies killers out thier