Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

this last minute has gone for 15 minutes

#202 GrizzTigerFan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,340 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

Tayshaun keeps showing why he may be better used with bench unit.
He really prefers to handle the ball and pass instead of scoring. That seems like a good fit beside bayless if tony wroten isn't going to get playtime.

Go go gadget arms!!

#203 Wells

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,754 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

Not a pretty game. Still, good to have the Double-Double Twins back. Magic players were very game, playing with the almost no one on the bench.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#204 Grinder 901

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:Grizzlies, Krav Maga, Movies, Reading, etc.

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

For the record we have blown teams out like Detroit and Brooklyn. I thought it would be a blow out but all of the missed three pointers as missed free throws prevented that. A win is a win. I will take it. The wizards just beat the nuggets. Nice. Like seeing Davis out there dunking. Good game from Marc. I see us beating a Brooklyn team that just lost tonight. Lopez can't stop Gasol. We keep on grinding and keep on winning. Six in a row!

#205 new_skool91

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,618 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

The most impressive moment of the entire game was the non/turnover and assist at the end of the 3rd quarter by Bayless. BREAKTHROUGH!! :lol:

#206 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,374 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

There's no such thing as a bad win in my book, but if there was, this game would be the closest thing to it. :lol:/>

A win is a win though.

#207 masr

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:06 PM

Such an ugly win...... was hoping to see a little Pittman....

#208 evergrizz

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:29 AM

A very good crowd tonight at the Forum (Only 450 short of a sell out), and there's a big game tomorrow night with the Tigers hosting Southern Mississippi. That will probably also be close to a sell out. That's over 35,000 people in 2 nights going to a basketball game!

Hoop City USA, indeed ! :)/>/> And wait till the Tigers join Basketball's Big East Conference. No other city the size of Memphis rivals it when it comes to going head to head for two big hoops teams. OKC has Oklahoma football, but they play different sports and college football is over in OKC in late December. Even when OKC goes to a bowl game they don't play it in OKC.

Some people sell the city of Memphis short when they fail to realize that this a Metro area of just over a million people is supporting a MAJOR college basketball team and a. NBA franchise.

Edited by evergrizz, 25 February 2013 - 11:46 PM.

#209 evergrizz

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:47 AM

View Postmasr, on 22 February 2013 - 11:06 PM, said:

Such an ugly win...... was hoping to see a little Pittman....

Do you think he can contribute? I hope so. 6' 11" and 285 pounds is a lot of man. If this guy can play even half decent, Hollins needs to give him some playing time backing up Marc. He needs a legitimate shot at the back-up center position. I'm hoping he works hard in practice and convinces Coach Hollins that he doesn't need to ride the bench like Hamed did for 3 years.

Just keep him away from Memphis Bar-B-Q. :D I understand he weighed 333 pounds during his freshman year at The University of Texas.

#210 BeBoutBidness

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,105 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:00 AM

View Postevergrizz, on 23 February 2013 - 02:29 AM, said:

A very good crowd tonight at the Forum (Only 450 short of a sell out), and there's a big game tomorrow night with the Tigers hosting Southern Mississippi. That will probably also be close to a sell out. That's over 35,000 people in 2 nights going to a basketball game! Hoop City USA, indeed ! :)/>/> And wait till the Tigers join Basketball's Big East Conference. No other city the size of Memphis rivals it when it comes to going head to head for two big hoops teams. OKC has Oklahoma football, but they play different sports and college football is over in OKC in late December. Even when OKC goes to a bowl game they don't play it in OKC. Some people sell the city of Memphis short when they fail to realize that this a Metro area of just over a million people are supporting a MAJOR college basketball team and a. NBA franchise.

The two closes cities I can think of is D.C. (Georgetown and the Wizards) and L.A. ( Lakers and UCLA) other than those two we are Hoop City!!!