Jump to content


Grizzlies & Timberwolves - 2/10/2013


221 replies to this topic

#1 SixthMan

    Hall of Famer

  • Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,421 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Germantown, TN, USA

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

Benches

Grizzlies Darrell Arthur Jerryd Bayless Ed Davis Austin Daye Chris Johnson John Leuer Quincy Pondexter Tony Wroten
Timberwolves Lou Amundson Jose Barea Chase Budinger Dante Cunningham Chris Johnson Andrei Kirilenko Malcolm Lee Kevin Love Brandon Roy Alexey Shved
Timberwolves Greg Stiemsma

Game Information

Previews: CBS | ESPN | NBA | Yahoo

Stat Comparisons: ESPN | FOX | NBA

Depth: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Referee Assignments: NBA

Live Game Info: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA

Play-By-Plays: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Box Scores: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Shot Charts: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Game Flows: CBS | ESPN | Popcorn Machine

Recaps: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo



#2 Lexus LX 570

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,249 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

Another team that the Grizzlies have an 8 game winning streak against.

#3 BenShapiro

    Starter

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brooklyn, New York
  • Interests:Basketball and Video games.

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:05 PM

Time to start our first win streak with the new players!

#4 KORV

    Starter

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:43 PM

I think this should be a win

#5 Grinder 901

    1st Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,252 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cordova, TN.
  • Interests:Grizzlies, Krav Maga, Movies, Reading, etc.

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:19 AM

Going to be a win for sure man. Plus it's a give away game so come early. Hope some more of the bench gets to play and for longer minutes. Really like Davis and Daye so far, they are coming around you can see it. I know they are both excited to be on a winning team in the playoff hunt in the west as opposed to a struggling team in the East. Go Grizzlies tear the Wolves a new one!

#6 evergrizz

    Starter

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

View PostGrindhouse2413, on 09 February 2013 - 12:19 AM, said:

Going to be a win for sure man. Plus it's a give away game so come early. Hope some more of the bench gets to play and for longer minutes. Really like Davis and Daye so far, they are coming around you can see it. I know they are both excited to be on a winning team in the playoff hunt in the west as opposed to a struggling team in the East. Go Grizzlies tear the Wolves a new one!


There you go, Grindhouse ! Grizz I think Davis is and will continue to be a playa'.

#7 Grinder 901

    1st Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,252 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cordova, TN.
  • Interests:Grizzlies, Krav Maga, Movies, Reading, etc.

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:36 AM

View Postevergrizz, on 09 February 2013 - 12:54 AM, said:




There you go, Grindhouse ! Grizz I think Davis is and will continue to be a playa'.

You said you were bringing your son? That's cool man. How old is he? Our seats are in Section 226 Row C. My wife can't make it so I am bringing a bud from work.

#8 evergrizz

    Starter

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:13 AM

View PostGrindhouse2413, on 09 February 2013 - 01:36 AM, said:

You said you were bringing your son? That's cool man. How old is he? Our seats are in Section 226 Row C. My wife can't make it so I am bringing a bud from work.

I"m long in the tooth, so he's probably older than you. And he just informed me that his boss called him in to work Sunday. I'm still gonna' try to make it , but my wife doesn't like basketball. I'm still planning on going. Don't have my ticket yet as we are not season ticket holders. But if I do make it, I will try to find you and your bud at your seat section and buy you and your bud a beverage of your choice during the game or after if we still have time to get one after the win if ya'll stilll want to get one somewhere. Whatever; Go Grizz !!

#9 TT_Grizz

    1st Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pounding The Paint

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:00 AM

welcome back Dante

#10 GTG

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,375 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Memphis

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:55 AM

W

The Wolves are the one team we just don't lose to. Especially at home.

#11 KoufosSnozz

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,837 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:22 AM

Are the Timberwolves even in contention right now? Maybe we could nab a guy like Kirilenko.

#12 fanboyslim

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,614 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:41 AM

View Postliltonywrotenjr, on 09 February 2013 - 06:22 AM, said:

Are the Timberwolves even in contention right now? Maybe we could nab a guy like Kirilenko.
Their options are slim but they're still in contention. The thing is they have a strong roster when (if - and that's a big if given their recent history) everyone is healthy, so I doubt they intend to fiddle with it unless it is a serious improvement for next year, and definitely not until they're completely out of the playoff picture.

Rubio/Ridnour/Barea
Budinger/Shved/Roy
Kirilenko/DC
Love/Williams
Pekovic/Stiemsma

If they managed to have more than 6 of those guys healthy at any time they'd be a lock for the playoffs. Right now they're lottery fodder.

#13 Grinder 901

    1st Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,252 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cordova, TN.
  • Interests:Grizzlies, Krav Maga, Movies, Reading, etc.

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:17 AM

View Postevergrizz, on 09 February 2013 - 02:13 AM, said:



I"m long in the tooth, so he's probably older than you. And he just informed me that his boss called him in to work Sunday. I'm still gonna' try to make it , but my wife doesn't like basketball. I'm still planning on going. Don't have my ticket yet as we are not season ticket holders. But if I do make it, I will try to find you and your bud at your seat section and buy you and your bud a beverage of your choice during the game or after if we still have time to get one after the win if ya'll stilll want to get one somewhere. Whatever; Go Grizz !!

Sucks about your son having to work on a Sunday. Hope you can make it man. I say we beat them wire to wire tomorrow. We are about to go on a winning streak to get 4th back and challenge the Floppers for the third spot.

#14 GrizzliesIQYO

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,784 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Grind House- Lower Bowl

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:36 AM

We have five more good practice games coming up...

IM starting to think a rotation of

Conley-Bayless
Allen-Qpon
Prince-Daye
Zbo-Arthur
Gasol-Davis

would keep us competitive...and the bench can all knock down threes...Q-Pon also knows the system and is a good decision make that should be back Tuesday

YO

#15 Lord Ninja

    1st Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Made In Memphis

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

View PostKORV, on 08 February 2013 - 11:43 PM, said:

I think this should be a win
yes it should be if they bring what they brought last night

#16 Grinder 901

    1st Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,252 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cordova, TN.
  • Interests:Grizzlies, Krav Maga, Movies, Reading, etc.

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

View PostGrizzliesIQYO, on 09 February 2013 - 10:36 AM, said:

We have five more good practice games coming up...

IM starting to think a rotation of

Conley-Bayless
Allen-Qpon
Prince-Daye
Zbo-Arthur
Gasol-Davis

would keep us competitive...and the bench can all knock down threes...Q-Pon also knows the system and is a good decision make that should be back Tuesday

YO

I like it man. Too bad TW, CJ and JL cant crack the rotation though. Still want Bayless at SG not PG for our second unit.

#17 GrizzliesIQYO

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,784 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Grind House- Lower Bowl

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

View PostGrindhouse2413, on 09 February 2013 - 11:33 AM, said:



I like it man. Too bad TW, CJ and JL can crack the rotation though. Still want Bayless at SG not PG for our second unit.

The good thing about q-Pon is he can play point forward...he had that role in college

YO

#18 GrizzliesIQYO

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,784 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Grind House- Lower Bowl

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:57 PM


Q Pon may return tomorrow, day to day ...ready to see this team with all parts

YO



#19 notnilc20

    2nd Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Southaven

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

View PostGrizzliesIQYO, on 09 February 2013 - 04:57 PM, said:


Q Pon may return tomorrow, day to day ...ready to see this team with all parts

YO



Really? Man we sure miss Qpon. Hope he gets back soon. Another perimeter threat with good D, strength, and slashing ability. Plus you gotta love his humbleness.

#20 Grizzled Vet

    Champion

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,317 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

I'm always negative about "easy wins", especially with so many moving parts and chemistry issues that need to be developed.

The fact that a team like the Wizards can put up wins this season against OKC, LAC, NYK, Denver, Atl, and Miami makes me believe that if the team has a chemistry or shooting issue, this could easily be a loss.

Even with their injuries, they were beating the Knicks in the 4th last night. The game before that, they were ahead of the Spurs with about 2 minutes left in the 3rd.