469 replies to this topic

#21 Back2Grizzness

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

This game puts us back in the contender talk if we win. Big game, go Grizz!

#22 GrizzliesIQYO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,742 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

Wroten was drafted to match up against big guards in the West...I want to see how that looks against little Russell

YO

#23 entropy

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

Most of the athletic PG are ungaurdable, such as westbrook/wall/rose.

#24 notnilc20

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

Man i want this game for the Grizz badly. I feel pretty good about it. Go Grizzlies!!

#25 VW Grizz

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

View PostDwash, on 29 January 2013 - 01:59 PM, said:

Sounds like 18 years of child support. When will athletes and superstars learn that their "white stuff" is expensive and has a high premium on it? Maybe I am wrong about the situation but I hate to see this stuff happen.

What?

#26 Roll_Grizz

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

ZBO vs. KPerk. Round II. GO GRIZZ!

#27 STS

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Interests:NBA,NFL,MLB,NHL.

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

Looking ahead to the other games, we have 3 days off after tomorrow. Than Wednesday is a NO TV game??? What is up with that?

#28 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,374 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

View PostSTS, on 30 January 2013 - 09:55 AM, said:

Looking ahead to the other games, we have 3 days off after tomorrow. Than Wednesday is a NO TV game??? What is up with that?
Wow, just noticed that...

I know SportSouth has really picked up their coverage over recent years, but with a team as good as Memphis, you'd think that every game would be on either local or national TV. Maybe we'll get lucky and NBATV will pick it up.

#29 GrizzedByBluffCity

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,264 posts
  • Interests:** Please DO NOT REPLY to this computer generated e-mail. **

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

View PostSTS, on 30 January 2013 - 09:55 AM, said:

2 playoff teams facing off and no TV coverage. meanwhile the Brooklyn Nets game Feb24 got moved to prime time on ESPN and completely wrecked my travel plans because now I have to stay in NYC that night instead of going home. originally was scheduled as 3:30pm EST now is at night.

#30 STS

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

View PostGTG, on 30 January 2013 - 11:18 AM, said:

Wow, just noticed that... I know SportSouth has really picked up their coverage over recent years, but with a team as good as Memphis, you'd think that every game would be on either local or national TV. Maybe we'll get lucky and NBATV will pick it up.
Well the Hawks gets Fox Sports South also, but wouldnt it be listed if they were only using their coverage? That blows. I dont have NBATV or League Pass and such. Ill have to stream it somewhere.

#31 KORV

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

View PostGTG, on 30 January 2013 - 11:18 AM, said:

Wow, just noticed that... I know SportSouth has really picked up their coverage over recent years, but with a team as good as Memphis, you'd think that every game would be on either local or national TV. Maybe we'll get lucky and NBATV will pick it up.
This game is on TNT lol lets not be ignorant here

#32 Xerion

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:Sports, women, agriculture, photography, computers

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

He means the Atlanta game.. :)

#33 Wells

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,796 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

Atlanta does list the game as being on Sports South, so the network may have elected to use their announce team over ours. That is always an option the network can select.

According to Yahoo's TV Listings, the game will be on Sports South (channel 729 on U-verse).

http://tvschedule.za...&aid=tvschedule

#34 STS

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

View PostWells, on 30 January 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

Atlanta does list the game as being on Sports South, so the network may have elected to use their announce team over ours. That is always an option the network can select. According to Yahoo's TV Listings, the game will be on Sports South (channel 729 on U-verse). http://tvschedule.za...&aid=tvschedule
Awesome

Back to this Thursdays game. Will the players be dressed? Hollins has a complicating post offense scheme with double screens and such. Maybe we will see a free flowing offense tomorrow working in the newer players.

#35 scooter

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

I don't think the new grizz will be cleared to play for the OKC game. This really makes the Grizz even more short handed. And Gay not being there and replacing him with T.A. at Point Guard. OMG!

Conley might be out as well. Whatever. The Grizz probably should rest him some more. He's likely not at 100%; and trying to effectively cut and get up and down the court with that ankle injury is only going to aggravate the injury.

This looks like a safe bet for an OKC win.

Guys, it's "Money Ball" time with Hollinger as your Q.B., Levien as your G.M., and Pera as your Owner; with Timberlake singing the National Anthem to start the games. Welcome to the Circus.

GET YOUR TICKETS EARLY. The clowns, and the elephants are in the building.

Edited by scooter, 30 January 2013 - 07:38 PM.

#36 KORV

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

We are going to lose

#37 El Guapo

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

View PostKORV, on 30 January 2013 - 07:20 PM, said:

We are going to lose

We are going to win.

#38 Kuma

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

Since we like to rally after some big injury or trade I say we win this game.

#39 Grinder 901

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:Grizzlies, Krav Maga, Movies, Reading, etc.

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

View Postscooter, on 30 January 2013 - 07:01 PM, said:

I don't think the new grizz will be cleared to play for the OKC game. This really makes the Grizz even more short handed. And Gay not being there and replacing him with T.A. at Point Guard. OMG!

Conley might be out as well. Whatever. The Grizz probably should rest him some more. He's likely not at 100%; and trying to effectively cut and get up and down the court with that ankle injury is only going to aggravate the injury.

This looks like a safe bet for an OKC win.

Guys, it's "Money Ball" time with Hollinger as your Q.B., Levien as your G.M., and Pera as your Owner; with Timberlake singing the National Anthem to start the games. Welcome to the Circus.

GET YOUR TICKETS EARLY. The clowns, and the elephants are in the building.

I have been following these boards for some time now. I have been waiting for what felt forever to get validated. And here is my very first post.

You have got to be the most negative "fan" on here. You call more games as losses than wins. You seem to have that glass half empty way at looking at things. Now that you have said the sky is falling and all is lost, I actually feel better about our chances for this game.

So many posters on here need to just keep their negative, stupid thoughts to themselves.

Go Grizzlies!

#40 STS

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

View PostGrindhouse2413, on 30 January 2013 - 09:25 PM, said:

I have been following these boards for some time now. I have been waiting for what felt forever to get validated. And here is my very first post. You have got to be the most negative "fan" on here. You call more games as losses than wins. You seem to have that glass half empty way at looking at things. Now that you have said the sky is falling and all is lost, I actually feel better about our chances for this game. So many posters on here need to just keep their negative, stupid thoughts to themselves. Go Grizzlies!
LOL GOAT first post