#1 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,380 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

Benches

Grizzlies Darrell Arthur Chris Johnson John Leuer Quincy Pondexter Tony Wroten
Thunder Nick Collison Reggie Jackson Perry Jones Jeremy Lamb DeAndre Liggins Kevin Martin Eric Maynor Daniel Orton Hasheem Thabeet

Game Information

Previews: CBS | ESPN | NBA | Yahoo

Stat Comparisons: ESPN | FOX | NBA

Depth: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Referee Assignments: NBA

Live Game Info: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA

Play-By-Plays: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Box Scores: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Shot Charts: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Game Flows: CBS | ESPN | Popcorn Machine

Recaps: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

#2 Granttis

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,017 posts
  • Interests:Salmon & Mashed Potatoes

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

Upset

#3 Grizzled Vet

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

Glad to have a couple days rest before this game.

Hope MC is back

#4 scooter

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

View PostGranttis, on 28 January 2013 - 09:18 PM, said:

Upset

If Conley is fully recovered, it could happen. We have what is turning out to be (albeit a bit young and lean) a pretty good bench.

OKC is very tough at home. I know we beat them early in the season; but at 19 and 3 they are 2nd in the NBA only to the Spurs home court record (20 and 2).

Still I think most if not all in the pick 10 except TT-Grizz have this one down as a loss.

I like your optimism. Both these teams go hard at one another. I think it's a TNT broadcast.I hope it's close and exciting. GO GRIZZ!

#5 Acehigh718

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,971 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:58 AM

Chris Johnson drops 5 threes and the Grizz win by somewhere between 6-10. I can dream, right?

#6 mschnbch

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:05 AM

Grizz win. I think morale is up after tonight and it will carry over. Rudy normally brings it against kd, and you know zbo and Marc aren't losing to a team that uses thabeet. I think we let mike sit out this one.. Bayless is a big body for guarding Westbrook and it lets wroten continue to develop. Mike needs some rest. Don't rush getting him out there.

Venting... Hollins NEEDS to find an offense that works for Rudy. I notice that Rudy plays better if he is crashing the boards and not the center of attention. Like his GW tonight, he took full advantage of his spacing on the floor because he got the ball with good spacing. We have to find out how we get him good spacing. Allow him to set up on the low block? I think he is effective when he runs off picks without the ball.. He does not need the ball on the wing or three point line on the sideline and if he has it there he does not need a pick. These seem like recipes for disaster because of his lack of focus or mediocre ball handling skills. One more on Rudy, he seems like he is too worried about his offense that he has completely forgotten about defense. Too many times Rudy puts the WHOLE defense out of position and in a disadvantage to the offense because he is lazy getting back, lazy running through screens, etc. The last shot sickened me. If it weren't for Marc there to save our arse, Rudy would have given up a wide open 3 and he didnt even try to really jump and contest it. He just runs and puts his hand out like always. But I keep waiting for the Rudy gay we all want to see. The one that dunked over ginobli when we needed it most.

Zbo will be back, Marc is TEam Hero, bayless is playing great ball right now, wroten seems to be the best player on our team (at least the most exciting). Although Chris Johnson is really bringing it! Can we sign him for the year before someone else does? What's up with DA's shot?? Tired legs maybe? Anyway I've never done this on here so I will try it out don't blame me tho...

Grizz 95-OKC 90...maybe 91

#7 mschnbch

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:13 AM

View PostAcehigh718, on 29 January 2013 - 01:58 AM, said:

Chris Johnson drops 5 threes and the Grizz win by somewhere between 6-10. I can dream, right?

+1 this but I wish I was dreaming instead of online.

Oh and sorry for such a long post everyone, I am a Rudy fan but I just think his body language is bad and he just goes through the motions. It is frustrating to watch

#8 Xerion

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • Interests:Sports, computers and taking photos.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:33 AM

This is a win.

#9 ImTheCrew

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:30 AM

Going to be a tough one, especially if MC cant play.

#10 BHZMAFIA

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

OKC/MEM is always a good game. No one should expect them to blow us out the water or something like the Clippers are capable of doing.

#11 New_Sacred_Cow

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts
  • Interests:balencesto.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

Just saw Wroten tweet he just landed in Seattle. Apparently his son was born today?

#12 mschnbch

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

View PostNew_Sacred_Cow, on 29 January 2013 - 01:27 PM, said:

Just saw Wroten tweet he just landed in Seattle. Apparently his son was born today?

Or doesn't realize the game is in okc not Seattle :P

#13 Blue Bear

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

Hopefully we get some good minutes from Wroten in this game.

#14 Acehigh718

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,971 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

View PostNew_Sacred_Cow, on 29 January 2013 - 01:27 PM, said:

I saw that as well. Congrats, Tony!

#15 Dwash

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

Sounds like 18 years of child support. When will athletes and superstars learn that their "white stuff" is expensive and has a high premium on it? Maybe I am wrong about the situation but I hate to see this stuff happen.

#16 GrizzTigerFan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,806 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

View Postmschnbch, on 29 January 2013 - 02:05 AM, said:

Grizz win. I think morale is up after tonight and it will carry over. Rudy normally brings it against kd, and you know zbo and Marc aren't losing to a team that uses thabeet. I think we let mike sit out this one.. Bayless is a big body for guarding Westbrook and it lets wroten continue to develop. Mike needs some rest. Don't rush getting him out there. Venting... Hollins NEEDS to find an offense that works for Rudy. I notice that Rudy plays better if he is crashing the boards and not the center of attention. Like his GW tonight, he took full advantage of his spacing on the floor because he got the ball with good spacing. We have to find out how we get him good spacing. Allow him to set up on the low block? I think he is effective when he runs off picks without the ball.. He does not need the ball on the wing or three point line on the sideline and if he has it there he does not need a pick. These seem like recipes for disaster because of his lack of focus or mediocre ball handling skills. One more on Rudy, he seems like he is too worried about his offense that he has completely forgotten about defense. Too many times Rudy puts the WHOLE defense out of position and in a disadvantage to the offense because he is lazy getting back, lazy running through screens, etc. The last shot sickened me. If it weren't for Marc there to save our arse, Rudy would have given up a wide open 3 and he didnt even try to really jump and contest it. He just runs and puts his hand out like always. But I keep waiting for the Rudy gay we all want to see. The one that dunked over ginobli when we needed it most. Zbo will be back, Marc is TEam Hero, bayless is playing great ball right now, wroten seems to be the best player on our team (at least the most exciting). Although Chris Johnson is really bringing it! Can we sign him for the year before someone else does? What's up with DA's shot?? Tired legs maybe? Anyway I've never done this on here so I will try it out don't blame me tho... Grizz 95-OKC 90...maybe 91

Spacing is the key and also aggressive marc and Bayless weren't just dumping the ball to Rudy and tell him to create. Bayless was attacking so when Rudy got the ball and good spacing he could just make a move. That makes all the difference in the world. We also took a million jumpers and didn't just concentrate on paint paint. Plus CJ was in with him and his 3pt threat had to be respected by defense so again SPACING. Rudy needs spacing bottom-line he is a very talented player in a bad-fit system.

I really believe if he has a good game against OKC and we even squeak out a win then FO would be hard-pressed to trade him this season. This game is his audition for rest of season as a Grizz.

Keep the CORE go Grizz!

He had a hard illegal pick set on him that prevented him from getting to Nick. But Tony and Rudy were in same area so not sure who Nick's man was.

#17 kboyar

2nd Team

• Fan Advisory Board
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

Kendrick v. ZBO - someone is bound to get a technical foul in this game.

who don't bluff?

#18 Wells

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,430 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

View PostDwash, on 29 January 2013 - 01:59 PM, said:

Sounds like 18 years of child support. When will athletes and superstars learn that their "white stuff" is expensive and has a high premium on it? Maybe I am wrong about the situation but I hate to see this stuff happen.

Wow, talk about a downer. Yes, TW is young, and that is not always a good time to have children, but based upon the couple of conversations with him that I have heard, it sounds like he has his head on straight. Throw in that he has TA and Zach to make sure he keeps his head on straight. Give the kid some love for having a child and being responsible enough to want to be there for the birth.

Congrats, Tony! Virtual cigar is in the mail.

#19 mschnbch

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

View PostTigerGrizzFan, on 29 January 2013 - 03:26 PM, said:

He had a hard illegal pick set on him that prevented him from getting to Nick. But Tony and Rudy were in same area so not sure who Nick's man was.

It wasn't even the screen or him losing his man that made me mad, it was the run to the shooter and stick one hand out defense that he seems to always use. He can jump as high as the best of them, why would he not be jumping as high as he can to try and block the shot? It would be hard to shoot over Rudy if he made it hard, but he makes it fairly easy

#20 Once_a_hater

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,409 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

Big game... I hate them. We must win it.