• 5,423 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

Matchups
Date & Time: Wednesday, January 23, 7:00 pm CT
Television: SportSouth, NBA LP / LPBB / LPM
Radio/Audio: 92.9FM, 680AM, Affiliates, NBA ALP/GT
Promotions: No Promotions

Benches

Grizzlies Darrell Arthur Jerryd Bayless Hamed Haddadi Chris Johnson Jon Leuer Quincy Pondexter Tony Wroten
Lakers Steve Blake Chris Duhon Devin Ebanks Pau Gasol Jordan Hill Antawn Jamison Jodie Meeks Darius Morris Robert Sacre

Game Information

Previews: CBS | ESPN | NBA | Yahoo

Stat Comparisons: ESPN | FOX | NBA

Depth: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Referee Assignments: NBA

Live Game Info: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA

Play-By-Plays: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Box Scores: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Shot Charts: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Game Flows: CBS | ESPN | Popcorn Machine

Recaps: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

#2 GamesOut

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

Must complain win!

#3 scooter

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:19 AM

Lakers lost another road game last night to the Bulls. They have now lost 9 out of their last 11 games.

The Lakers will come in to Memphis desperate and hungry for a win. Some people probably think the Lakers losing 9 of their last 11 games is good and should bode well for the Grizz.

I'm not one of them. With a line up of Kobe, Howard, P. Gasol, Metta World Peace, and Steve Nash the Lakers are to talented to keep losing games. IMO, this is a loss for the Grizz. If you got money bet on it. You can book this one as another Grizz loss. Grizz are starting to play like most early prognosticators thought they would in a 82 game season. November was fools gold. Grizz did not improve their roster during off season. They can't shoot, their coach is caught in a time warp or his pants are to tight.

The Grizz players say the same thing after every loss..."We didn't execute, we didn't play with energy, we are not moving the ball side to side enough, we're playing selfish". Yada, yada, yada.

WHY NOT?? Are you and your coach dummies? Never mind; that's too obvious to any one who has been watching the games lately.

Something needs to change. Grizz have been fighting to play .500 ball since December.

Grizz are one major player injury from going in the tank. They have absolutely no depth.

Lakers 98 Grizz 91

Edited by scooter, 22 January 2013 - 01:31 AM.

#4 mschnbch

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:43 AM

View Postscooter, on 22 January 2013 - 01:19 AM, said:

Lakers lost another road game last night to the Bulls. They have now lost 9 out of their last 11 games.

The Lakers will come in to Memphis desperate and hungry for a win. Some people probably think the Lakers losing 9 of their last 11 games is good and should bode well for the Grizz.

I'm not one of them. With a line up of Kobe, Howard, P. Gasol, Metta World Peace, and Steve Nash the Lakers are to talented to keep losing games. IMO, this is a loss for the Grizz. If you got money bet on it. You can book this one as another Grizz loss. Grizz are starting to play like most early prognosticators thought they would in a 82 game season. November was fools gold. Grizz did not improve their roster during off season. They can't shoot, their coach is caught in a time warp or his pants are to tight.

The Grizz players say the same thing after every loss..."We didn't execute, we didn't play with energy, we are not moving the ball side to side enough, we're playing selfish". Yada, yada, yada.

WHY NOT?? Are you and your coach dummies? Never mind; that's too obvious to any one who has been watching the games lately.

Something needs to change. Grizz have been fighting to play .500 ball since December.

Grizz are one major player injury from going in the tank. They have absolutely no depth.

Lakers 98 Grizz 91

I won 80 dollars on the lakers losing tonight :P

I think I'll bet against them again Wednesday!!

Grizz win by 10 or more, no room for fakers in Memphis

#5 Grizzled Vet

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

WITH ALL THIS TRADE & WOE IS US TALK, LET'S NOT FORGET TO BRING THE HATE TO THE LAKERS AND THEIR FAKER FOLLOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HATE SHOULD BE AT THE 'CAPS LOCK' AND EXTRA EXCLAMATION POINTS LEVEL OF ANGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry:

#6 Grizzled Vet

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

NOW I HAVE ANGER AND HATRED FOR LIMITING MY :angry: USAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry:

#7 Wells

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,850 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

View Postscooter, on 22 January 2013 - 01:19 AM, said:

. Grizz have been fighting to play .500 ball since December.

Incorrect. Since the first ten games, the Grizzlies have been playing 0.600 basketball. People are over emphasizing the losses and under appreciating the wins. 0.600 basketball will get you 49 wins over a regular season.

#8 Kuma

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

View PostWells, on 22 January 2013 - 11:39 AM, said:

Incorrect. Since the first ten games, the Grizzlies have been playing 0.600 basketball. People are over emphasizing the losses and under appreciating the wins. 0.600 basketball will get you 49 wins over a regular season.

Because we lose to the teams that matter and win against the teams that don't.

#9 istanbulgrizzlies

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

Should pick Lakers for this game. Die-hard Grizzlies fan for years but this is what is going to happen. Having just Bayless, Arthur, Haddadi, Wroten from the bench for this game will be the reason that we'll lose.

#10 Wells

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,850 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

View PostKuma, on 22 January 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

Because we lose to the teams that matter and win against the teams that don't.
Spurs, Warriors, Bulls, Celtics, Nuggets, Bucks. All wins in December and January against teams that would be in the playoffs. How do those not matter?

#11 Subliminal

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

Easy win.

#12 GrizzedByBluffCity

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,275 posts
  • Interests:** Please DO NOT REPLY to this computer generated e-mail. **

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

Pau has been moved to the bench!
how the mighty have fallen!

#13 Kuma

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

View PostWells, on 22 January 2013 - 01:51 PM, said:

Spurs, Warriors, Bulls, Celtics, Nuggets, Bucks. All wins in December and January against teams that would be in the playoffs. How do those not matter?

I'll only give you the Warriors. The others are in the East so they don't count. And we are losing the season series to DEN and SAS

#14 scooter

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

View PostWells, on 22 January 2013 - 11:39 AM, said:

Nit picking by Wells as usual. So what if they are still playing a "little bit" above 0.500 basketball. They still are playing mediocre basketball. We are not through with January yet. Playing the Lakers, Nets, Philly on a back to back at Philly, OKC, and an improving NOLA team they may or may not be playing "0.600 basketball" by Feb

Your life on this board seems to evolve about "your perception" of correcting somebody.

Edited by scooter, 22 January 2013 - 04:27 PM.

#15 Mtownballer

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, Music, Sports, Guitars, Grizzlies, Titans

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

Well this should be a close low scoring game my thoughts are

LA 90 GRIZZ 86

#16 scooter

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

View PostMtownballer, on 22 January 2013 - 04:30 PM, said:

Well this should be a close low scoring game my thoughts are

LA 90 GRIZZ 86

Yeah. That's not to different from my score. But this a loss. Lakers are just better with their starting five. And now we have even less of a bench. Lakers win. Put your money down; particularly since the Grizz will probably be at least 5 point favorites.

Things will probably get better for the Grizz in February since the schedule is more favorable for them. Oh well; still hanging in as a Grizz fan. Just being realistic. Grizz are to inconsistent to be a serious contender for no more than one round and out in the play-offs

#17 Wells

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,850 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

View Postscooter, on 22 January 2013 - 04:03 PM, said:

Nit picking by Wells as usual. So what if they are still playing a "little bit" above 0.500 basketball. They still are playing mediocre basketball. We are not through with January yet. Playing the Lakers, Nets, Philly on a back to back at Philly, OKC, and an improving NOLA team they may or may not be playing "0.600 basketball" by Feb Your life on this board seems to evolve about "your perception" of correcting somebody.
If you're going to exaggerate on the facts, someone will always call you on it. That's why I put the facts out. That you don't like the facts doesn't keep them from being true. While I have been disappointed by some of the losses, I still recognize that the team is winning more games than it ever has in the history of the organization. I'm not going to denigrate that achievement in a random post just because I think the Grizzlies can play better. And I will correct anyone that does denigrate that achievement. It has nothing to do with my "perception", it has everything with someone failing to actually look at the facts.

#18 scooter

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

View PostWells, on 22 January 2013 - 05:15 PM, said:

If you're going to exaggerate on the facts, someone will always call you on it. That's why I put the facts out. That you don't like the facts doesn't keep them from being true. While I have been disappointed by some of the losses, I still recognize that the team is winning more games than it ever has in the history of the organization. I'm not going to denigrate that achievement in a random post just because I think the Grizzlies can play better. And I will correct anyone that does denigrate that achievement. It has nothing to do with my "perception", it has everything with someone failing to actually look at the facts.

Well here are the facts: Grizz 12 and 2 in November; 7 and 7 in December, and 7 and 5 in January. Notice the trend? Maybe you are just blinded by the light and impervious to a 24 hour day. Grizz are hanging in, but the rope is getting thinner.

#19 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

View Postscooter, on 22 January 2013 - 05:33 PM, said:

Well here are the facts: Grizz 12 and 2 in November; 7 and 7 in December, and 7 and 5 in January. Notice the trend? Maybe you are just blinded by the light and impervious to a 24 hour day. Grizz are hanging in, but the rope is getting thinner.

The 7-5 Jan record is not as bad as it could have been but should at least be 8-4 as we should have beaten IND on MLK day. But the Jan schedule is tough with 9 road games. We have 2 more road games to go at PHI and at OKC.

The home losses are killing our record. Losing to POR and PHI and IND just should not happen to a team who can beat SAS at FEF.

#20 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,375 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

So let me get this straight: we are going to have to play this game with only 9 players in uniform (including HH and Wroten)?