• PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

View Postcatfan17, on 19 January 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

First to 85 prolly wins it.

View PostCoachHesam, on 19 January 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

Missed it by 1 point. 85 :P/>/>

:P/>

We tried our best to lose the game but just couldn't do it.

Solid road win tho i guess.

#242 TT_Grizz

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

View Postscooter, on 19 January 2013 - 10:16 PM, said:

I just got in from out of town; looked at the team boards and went through the the 9th and 10th pages of the game thread. I have to say I have never seen more pesamistic, negative team posters during a team win. Sheese! TT, I'm coming down to Australia and get you drunk on "Fosters". You need a beer. Make that several.

Don't get me wrong, im happy that we could end up getting a W as a result. But i'm not gonna celebrate and be completely satisifed with the W. Way too many mistakes, too many TO's, should've ended it in regulation, the inept offense in the 4th quarter, and the overall inability to close out the game was just terrible. Lucky to get the win tbh.

#243 GrizzTigerFan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,437 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

View PostNeo-Realist, on 19 January 2013 - 10:16 PM, said:

Yeah the difference was Zbo had 19 boards which was a major factor in the win. I'm still waiting for Rudy's regression to the mean for shooting percentage. It has to happen at some point?
Well you better get comfortable because its is gonna be a while. Also add to your waiting list gasol Conley Bayless Ellington Mo. The only benefactor of this broke offense is Zbo because he gets to gobble up all the plentiful rebounds from missed shots. Lol

#244 Neo-Realist

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

View PostTigerGrizzFan, on 19 January 2013 - 10:28 PM, said:

Well you better get comfortable because its is gonna be a while. Also add to your waiting list gasol Conley Bayless Ellington Mo. The only benefactor of this broke offense is Zbo because he gets to gobble up all the plentiful rebounds from missed shots. Lol

Good point

#245 Iggy

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,488 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

A win against the Bulls is always a good win. They're well coached and play with effort. And they've been rolling as of late, holding ATL to 58 points, and beating good teams on the road. If Rosé is healthy and close to what he was 2 years ago, the Bulls are the second best team in the East.

On the other hand, the offense (our offense) continues to be predictable, static, and easy to defend. Part of it is personnel. Our strength is up front and in the post. And our guards have been disappointing. But much of it, if not not most, rests on Hollins' shoulders. The man has had a month and a half to make some sort of afjustmemt. Yet, the offense looks like pretty much the same. Either Conley or Bayless pounds the ball for 14 seconds. A pick and roll with Gasol that goes nowhere. An iso play for Zbo with 8 seconds on the clock or one for Rudy with 5 seconds. No spacing. Little passing. Hesitancy everywhere. The team has to hit the offensive boards and force turn overs simply to counterbalance the way they are handicapped in our half court offense. And the bench does little to diversify things. Mo and DA have essentially one offensive role: hit mid rangers. The same with Ellington and QPon: hit 3 pointers. And Bayless, the best offensive player of the bumch, is there simply to set people up, which is not his strength.

BTW, anyone know why Noah played very little in the second half. He was great in the first quarter, and is their best player with Rosé out

#246 Lord Gordon

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

OMG, clock operator cheated in Chicago. The clock started then stopped for two seconds then started again. Check out the highlights on NBA web site.

#247 notnilc20

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

What a contest. That missed over and back call almost burst a vessel in my head. Missed FTS careless ball handling. Yet we pulled it out. Go Grizzlies!! But i really think coach should start giving Wroten mins behind Conley. Bayless is just playing terrible lately and can't create for himself or anyone else. I like Bayless, he's aggressive but i think Wroten has more potential and better playmaking ability.

#248 notnilc20

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

View PostLord Gordon, on 19 January 2013 - 11:43 PM, said:

OMG, clock operator cheated in Chicago. The clock started then stopped for two seconds then started again. Check out the highlights on NBA web site.

Wow!! I didnt notice this. Im glad they at least acknowledged it in the highlights. That's clearly cheating buying him extra time like that. Happened like 3-4 seasons ago when Grizzlies played Philly. Except it was even worse. Wish the NBA would investigate this.

#249 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:02 AM

When the 3rd qtr came to a close and we were up 60-47, I was proud of how the team had clawed and scratched and ground its way to a 13 pt lead in the very hostile environment.

I said to myself that if we could just not let them out score us by 13 or more pts in the quarter, we would be fine. Well what to you know, we give up 29 freakin points to tired Bulls team and we only score 16 pts ourselves.

This has got to be mental at some point. Rotations dictate that starting the 4th quarter, the reserves are usually in the game. Well Bayless is a lead reserve and he is just not what he was even a month and a half ago. I think Lionel has beat him down so much like in military boot camp. Bayless has been beat down and beat down until now he needs to be built back up again. I was so happy that he ran long and took the pass from TA to get the game sealing dunk.

You can see it in Bayless's demeanor. He is sick of Hollins's BS. He get yelled at all the time and his confidence is ZERO. So that is one of your reserves usually on the court at the start of the 4th. Ellington simply cant get open. He doesnt know how to run through a series of picks to get open OR we dont know how to set the picks to get him open and when he does get open those few times, we dont really look for him because he is not in the beloved paint.

DA has started a disturbing trend of going up in his sweet spot where he is usually money-- the elbow--and then of all things passing the ball. He did it twice in the beginning of the 4th quarter. Its like he doesnt want to have the responsibility of missing a shot in the 4th so he avoids it.

Last night we attempted to play Speights with his back to the basket. Listen, he may make a shot here and there like that, but I think we all know what Speights' strong suit on offense is. His back to the basket is NOT it.

QPon is not playing so that is a problem in and of itself.

All this is to say that the bench just isnt producing like it was earlier in the year. I refuse to believe that for 14 games or so, the bench just played way way way above its head against team like OKC, MIA, NYK and now they are just playing their normal way.

This is mental. These players on the roster can play. We have seen them do it. I honestly believe the coaching staff has to take the lion's share of the blame for this. I dont believe our bench is on par with SAS or LAC, but they are not the inept basketball players that they are showing lately. The new guys came in playing the way they know how to play and were great earlier in the year. But now the "system" has gotten ahold of them and turned them into OJ Mayo when he was a Grizzly. Unsure of themselves with no confidence.

#250 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

View PostTT_Grizz, on 19 January 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

i dont even think i wanna celebrate. pathetic.

you know, when the game finally ended and Chicago had refused to take the game that we repeatedly tried to give them, I honestly wasnt nearly as happy as I would be for a normal road win.

The rest of the country got to watch the Grizz methodically build a 13 pt lead with good defense and decent offense. Then in a matter of minutes it was all gone. We gave up 29 points in the 4th qtr to a team that seems to be just as bad on offense as we are.

Time and time again we attempted to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Lets be real here. If CHI had Deng and Rose, they would KILL the Grizzlies.

So while getting a road win was a good thing, I dont see how anyone associated with the Grizzlies could be happy with the 4th quarter of that game. The disturbing thing is that it happens over and over and over and over again, yet the coaching staff cannot seem to correct it.

#251 CoachHesam

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
  • Interests:3.5% APR

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

View PostWells, on 19 January 2013 - 10:07 PM, said:

"Winner Takes It All" isn't Van Halen. It's Sammy Hagar from before joining the band. He was asked by Sylvester Stallone to write the song for the movie Over the Top.

My favorite "Winner Takes it All" is by ABBA.

#252 M Town Bound

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

View Postnotnilc20, on 20 January 2013 - 12:16 AM, said:

Wow!! I didnt notice this. Im glad they at least acknowledged it in the highlights. That's clearly cheating buying him extra time like that. Happened like 3-4 seasons ago when Grizzlies played Philly. Except it was even worse. Wish the NBA would investigate this.

It happened twice in the game, actually...just pointed out once by NBAtv. Is this how Chicago acts in life after Mike?