222 replies to this topic

#1 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,398 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

Benches

Grizzlies Darrell Arthur Jerryd Bayless Wayne Ellington Hamed Haddadi Quincy Pondexter Josh Selby Marreese Speights Tony Wroten
Spurs DeJuan Blair Matt Bonner Nando De Colo Boris Diaw Manu Ginobili Stephen Jackson Cory Joseph Patrick Mills Gary Neal

Game Information

Previews: CBS | ESPN | NBA | Yahoo

Stat Comparisons: ESPN | FOX | NBA

Depth: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Referee Assignments: NBA

Live Game Info: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA

Play-By-Plays: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Box Scores: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Shot Charts: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Game Flows: CBS | ESPN | Popcorn Machine

Recaps: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

#2 mschnbch

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

I don't feel so good about this one, but then again, we have a better team stepping on the court, wonder if the team knows that? Or hollins

#3 TT_Grizz

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:15 AM

when is q back

#4 Old_School

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:14 AM

Is it possible the team is going to follow-up the dud last night with a win in SA to show the FO how much they want the team to stay intact?

#5 Memphicity Design

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,513 posts
  • Interests:MemphisShirt.com

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

View PostOld_School, on 15 January 2013 - 06:14 AM, said:

Is it possible the team is going to follow-up the dud last night with a win in SA to show the FO how much they want the team to stay intact?

Kind of like they followed up the dud in Dallas?

#6 mschnbch

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

It is extremely possible and would be great to see.. Too much grit grind for SA, grizz by 5 in ot

#7 TSPatLAW

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

Hopefully we can jump on these guys without Ginobili and start to shift the momentum back in our favor.

This game is a tall order but even if the Grizzlies can't pull out a win, there has to be more energy, concentration, and heart on display than we have seen the past two games.

#8 Memphicity Design

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,513 posts
  • Interests:MemphisShirt.com

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

View PostTSPatLAW, on 15 January 2013 - 04:33 PM, said:

Hopefully we can jump on these guys without Ginobili and start to shift the momentum back in our favor. This game is a tall order but even if the Grizzlies can't pull out a win, there has to be more energy, concentration, and heart on display than we have seen the past two games.

Kind of like we jumped on the Clippers without CP3?

#9 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:31 AM

View PostTT_Grizz, on 15 January 2013 - 12:15 AM, said:

when is q back
Q was at "Chalk Talk" before the Clippers game and he was on crutches. He was injured Dec 29, so it has been about 3 weeks since the injury. He was asked about when he might come back, but you could tell he had been told NOT to give any specific target dates. He answered the question by saying that HE asks the Dr.s and the training staff that same question and they wont tell him.

Suffice it to say that he is a ways from coming back. Just a hunch, but looking at the calendar and remembering when he was hurt, I wouldnt expect to see him before mid Feb. That would be appx 6 wks. Zach missed over 2 months with a similar injury--maybe it was 10 weeks.

He didnt look like he will be back anytime real soon unfortunately.

#10 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:34 AM

Honestly I have no idea what to expect from this team now. I would have never even considered getting a performance from the Grizz like we got from them against the Clips.

But that is how they played and it STUNK.

So really, who the heck knows? We could get blown out by 20 or we could be clicking and pull out a win. So this is really a crapshoot with this team.

#11 GrizzedByBluffCity

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,229 posts
  • Interests:** Please DO NOT REPLY to this computer generated e-mail. **

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:26 AM

This Grizzlies team has been through tougher periods and got out of it. I have no doubts they will get some more quality wins. A combination of great team ball and some exemplary performance by one of our elites will get it done. If not tonight, Friday, Saturday, or Monday. All big big games.

#12 BHZMAFIA

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,131 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:50 AM

I didn't realize how bad ZBO's and Marc's numbers are in the month of January.

ZBO averaging 14, 8 and shooting 68% from the line. Marc averaging 9.8ppg, 7.8rpg and shooting 38% from the field. They have to step it up tonight.

#13 DPI Graphics

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

View Postsouthbluffsgrizzfan, on 16 January 2013 - 07:31 AM, said:

Q was at "Chalk Talk" before the Clippers game and he was on crutches. He was injured Dec 29, so it has been about 3 weeks since the injury. He was asked about when he might come back, but you could tell he had been told NOT to give any specific target dates. He answered the question by saying that HE asks the Dr.s and the training staff that same question and they wont tell him. Suffice it to say that he is a ways from coming back. Just a hunch, but looking at the calendar and remembering when he was hurt, I wouldnt expect to see him before mid Feb. That would be appx 6 wks. Zach missed over 2 months with a similar injury--maybe it was 10 weeks. He didnt look like he will be back anytime real soon unfortunately.

I think I had about the same kind of injury and I was out 6 weeks but I should have been out more like 10 because I hurt it again and ended up with MCL/ACL surgery. This time of yr, let him heal. He will be needed come playoff time.

#14 DPI Graphics

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

View PostBHZMAFIA, on 16 January 2013 - 08:50 AM, said:

I didn't realize how bad ZBO's and Marc's numbers are in the month of January. ZBO averaging 14, 8 and shooting 68% from the line. Marc averaging 9.8ppg, 7.8rpg and shooting 38% from the field. They have to step it up tonight.

#15 Roll_Grizz

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

I'm assuming Rudy IS playing tonight? There was a ton of reports saying he was back with the team after the first game he missed and unless I have missed them this go-around, I haven't heard anything about him. Hopefully we will show up tonight. Can't be any worse than the last two. Go Grizz!

#16 LilFrontOffice

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

Man after watching that last game, I'm just hoping we don't get embarrassed.

#17 notnilc20

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

Grizz win by 7 in regulation.

#18 Kuma

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

Conley is now shooting a lower FG% than Rudy Gay. How long can we tolerate his subpar performances? We need him to play well tonight, but no one should be surprised if he comes up small against Tony Parker. Because he has been doing it his entire career.

#19 STS

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:NBA,NFL,MLB,NHL.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

Conley will definately have to play well to somewhat cancel out Parker's offense. As much as I like Conley, he does need to step it up. At the same time, I am not blaming him for his play. He plays 110% all the time and he burns himself out every game. He initiates the offense, he fights off screens, he plays passing lanes aggressively, he plays defense aggressively period. We all know Mike is a dam good player but we know his legs gives out and he starts to bomb on both sides of the ball. I hope Wroten gets more playing time because it will not just give us a good playmaker on the court, but it also rests Mike.

#20 catfan17

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

View PostTT_Grizz, on 15 January 2013 - 12:15 AM, said:

when is q back
"Pondexter (knee) hopes to resume some sort of basketball-related activity in two weeks, the Memphis Commercial Appeal reports. (about 1 day ago)"

View PostKuma, on 16 January 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

Conley is now shooting a lower FG% than Rudy Gay. How long can we tolerate his subpar performances? We need him to play well tonight, but no one should be surprised if he comes up small against Tony Parker. Because he has been doing it his entire career.

yup