375 replies to this topic

#1 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,428 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

Benches

Grizzlies Darrell Arthur Jerryd Bayless Rudy Gay Hamed Haddadi Quincy Pondexter Josh Selby Marreese Speights Tony Wroten
Clippers Matt Barnes Chauncey Billups Jamal Crawford Grant Hill Ryan Hollins Lamar Odom Chris Paul Trey Thompkins Ronny Turiaf

Game Information

Previews: CBS | ESPN | NBA | Yahoo

Stat Comparisons: ESPN | FOX | NBA

Depth: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Referee Assignments: NBA

Live Game Info: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA

Play-By-Plays: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Box Scores: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Shot Charts: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Game Flows: CBS | ESPN | Popcorn Machine

Recaps: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

#2 STS

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 989 posts
  • Interests:NBA,NFL,MLB,NHL.

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

We better win this game. I dont want to drive to Memphis for a loss. My first game attendance this year. I hope Fedex is rocking on this night.

#3 TT_Grizz

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

The one game i've been waiting for since opening day. It's not a must win. But hell, i want us to win.

#4 Lexus LX 570

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

Since the Clippers played on Saturday and the Grizzlies last played on Friday, the Grizzlies should be well rested for this game.

#5 scooter

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

View PostLexus LX 570, on 13 January 2013 - 12:43 AM, said:

Since the Clippers played on Saturday and the Grizzlies last played on Friday, the Grizzlies should be well rested for this game.

Nope. Sorry about that. But the Grizzlies played last night just like the Clippers.

The Clippers do have farther to travel to get to Memphis than the Grizz as they will be flying from the West Coast. But they had an afternoon game, so they left earlier and got into Memphis before the Grizz.

Grizz really need to beat this team. IMO, this Clipper team is better and deeper than San Antonio or OKC.

GO GRIZZ. I respect their team's talent, but I really, really dislike the "floppers".

#6 Roll_Grizz

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:13 AM

I want this game so (vulgar word) bad. My hate for the Clippers is unhealthy. Physically and mentally.

#7 scooter

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:20 AM

Clippers are, in my opinion better, than the Grizz at every starting position but two. They have a better bench and can and will shoot threes. Hope I'm wrong, but this looks like a loss for the Grizz. C. Paul, Green and their bench guards will have their way with our 1 man(offensive) back court play.

I hate em, but the Clippers are the best in the West. IMO, if they don't have any major injuries, they are the best team in the whole league.

Clippers 102 Grizz 92.

But, then I could be wrong. But, only if the Grizz play hard, focused and at their max for 48 min. Got to keep their T.O.'s down as well. Everyone knew Jan. was going to really test the Grizz. It has and the beat goes on.

PS: Oh yeah; one more thing. Would be a good idea to try to guard their three point shooters. Grizz have to be the worst in the league in giving up 3 pointers. That should just about cover it.

Edited by scooter, 13 January 2013 - 08:21 AM.

#8 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

Well, we went toe to toe with 1 Western Conference elite team and pulled it out after almost blowing it. We layed our egg last night on the road against a team desparate to salvage its season. So now comes another Western Conference elite team.

No excuses. Both teams played SAT. Both teams traveled SAT. Cant use the tired and emotionally spent excuse for this game. This is what we want. The Clippers at FEF. Now what are we going to do with them? If we want to continually be taken seriously as a potential contender, we have to win games like Friday night and tomorrow night. We dont have the superstar(s) that elite teams-title contenders have. We arent media darlings-nobody really wants to talk about us unless they are forced to do so.

Therefore, we need to win games like Friday and tomorrow on our home court to merely "hold serve" in the West.

#9 ItIsWhatItIs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

Haddadi should get at least 10 minutes, closer to 15+

#10 Acehigh718

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,273 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

To echo the sentiment here, I want this game pretty darn bad.

#11 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

View PostItIsWhatItIs, on 13 January 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

Haddadi should get at least 10 minutes, closer to 15+

agreed. Maybe if HH plays more, Marc will be more aggressive and not be so chicken chite under the basket. Last night in the first quarter, Marc pulled down an offensive rebound literally 3 feet from the basket with NO DEFENDER between him and the rim and he simply would not even look at the goal and take it right back up for an easy dunk.

Even Pete Pranica, Grizz TV play by play man, questioned on the broadcast why Marc did that. Not that playing HH would do anything about that, but maybe Hamed getting more playing time will rest Marc more and he wont fear getting in foul trouble as much. Im grasping at straws here as to why sometimes Marc is simply so soft. He is supremely talented but he literally sacrificed a sure 2 points last night (it obviously wouldnt have changed the outcome of the game) because he would not even consider going back up and just dunking a sure bunny.

#12 masr

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

Really want to beat this team. We need one after that ugly Mav's game. gritngrind

#13 LilFrontOffice

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

Grizz 97 Clips 92.

This is gonna be a knock-out, drag-out game. I see Zach and Rudy coming up big for us this game.

#14 Shikaba

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

View Postsouthbluffsgrizzfan, on 13 January 2013 - 11:44 AM, said:

Marc pulled down an offensive rebound literally 3 feet from the basket with NO DEFENDER between him and the rim and he simply would not even look at the goal and take it right back up for an easy dunk.

When I saw that I was like... wtf are you doing? Maybe he didn't realise...

#15 Iggy

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,488 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

View Postscooter, on 13 January 2013 - 07:20 AM, said:

Clippers are, in my opinion better, than the Grizz at every starting position but two. They have a better bench and can and will shoot threes. Hope I'm wrong, but this looks like a loss for the Grizz. C. Paul, Green and their bench guards will have their way with our 1 man(offensive) back court play.

I hate em, but the Clippers are the best in the West. IMO, if they don't have any major injuries, they are the best team in the whole league.

Clippers 102 Grizz 92.

But, then I could be wrong. But, only if the Grizz play hard, focused and at their max for 48 min. Got to keep their T.O.'s down as well. Everyone knew Jan. was going to really test the Grizz. It has and the beat goes on.

PS: Oh yeah; one more thing. Would be a good idea to try to guard their three point shooters. Grizz have to be the worst in the league in giving up 3 pointers. That should just about cover it.

Besides pg, which of their starters are better than our starters? Griffin and Zbo may be a toss up, though if you look at their respective numbers they skew toward Zbo this season. And Willie Green is their starting sg.

#16 GrizzliesIQYO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,802 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

one of the few teams I fear...we can't stop any of their top 3 players...

YO

#17 TT_Grizz

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

View Postscooter, on 13 January 2013 - 07:20 AM, said:

Clippers are, in my opinion better, than the Grizz at every starting position but two. They have a better bench and can and will shoot threes. Hope I'm wrong, but this looks like a loss for the Grizz. C. Paul, Green and their bench guards will have their way with our 1 man(offensive) back court play. I hate em, but the Clippers are the best in the West. IMO, if they don't have any major injuries, they are the best team in the whole league. Clippers 102 Grizz 92. But, then I could be wrong. But, only if the Grizz play hard, focused and at their max for 48 min. Got to keep their T.O.'s down as well. Everyone knew Jan. was going to really test the Grizz. It has and the beat goes on. PS: Oh yeah; one more thing. Would be a good idea to try to guard their three point shooters. Grizz have to be the worst in the league in giving up 3 pointers. That should just about cover it.

Gasol > DeAndre
Z-Bo > Griffin
Gay > Butler
TA > Green

We're better than them at all positions except one. It just so happens that that one position player is Chris Paul. And they have a better bench than us.

#18 Kuma

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

After the embarrassing loss to the Clippers last year, it was clear that we needed a better bench, and better outside shooting. FO made it a mission last summer to accomplish those goals. These are the results 3 months into the season:

27th in the league in bench points

29th in the league in 3pt attempts

It's hard not be scared of a team that beat you, especially when you haven't changed at all from last year.

Still, I want MEM to win this game badly

#19 memgrizzlies321

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

Rudy isn't playing in this game. Funeral.

#20 scooter

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

View PostIggy, on 13 January 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

Besides pg, which of their starters are better than our starters? Griffin and Zbo may be a toss up, though if you look at their respective numbers they skew toward Zbo this season. And Willie Green is their starting sg.

I said it was just my opinion. But I was mainly looking at offense. And only Gay and Gasol are better at their positions. And Willie Green may start for the Clippers, but everybody knows Crawford plays the most minutes at the guard spot. Crawford is better than Allen. Blake Griffin is more athletic and is better than Z-BO.

And now, according to memgrizzlies321 Gay will not play in the Clippers game due to attending his Grandmothers funeral. Things just got a lot worse for the Grizz. Ownership will now see how much they are going to miss Rudy if they trade him.

Edited by scooter, 14 January 2013 - 04:37 AM.