130 replies to this topic

#1 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,428 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

Benches

Grizzlies Darrell Arthur Jerryd Bayless Wayne Ellington Hamed Haddadi Quincy Pondexter Josh Selby Marreese Speights Tony Wroten
Mavericks Rodrigue Beaubois Elton Brand Vince Carter Jae Crowder Jared Cunningham Bernard James Mike James Dominique Jones Dahntay Jones Brandan Wright

Game Information

Previews: CBS | ESPN | NBA | Yahoo

Stat Comparisons: ESPN | FOX | NBA

Depth: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Referee Assignments: NBA

Live Game Info: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA

Play-By-Plays: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Box Scores: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Shot Charts: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Game Flows: CBS | ESPN | Popcorn Machine

Recaps: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

#2 scooter

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

I admit I'm a worrier. But am concerned that we had to play our starters so many minuets against San Antonio, and now having to travel to play a back to back.

Z-bo: 42.47 min.
Gay: 42.35
Conley: 40.50
Allen: 39.16
Gasol: 37.13

Wish we had a healthy Q-Pon., and had been able to give Selby more game time experience. I think Ellis is also playing on a bad ankle. Need some real contributions from Bayless, Speights, Arthur, and yes Haddadi.

Gotta go with what we got. Hope we can shut down O.J. and Dirk. Take the Mavs down, Grizz!

#3 lilojmayo

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:51 AM

View Postscooter, on 12 January 2013 - 12:19 AM, said:

I admit I'm a worrier. But am concerned that we had to play our starters so many minuets against San Antonio, and now having to travel to play a back to back. Z-bo: 42.47 min. Gay: 42.35 Conley: 40.50 Allen: 39.16 Gasol: 37.13 Wish we had a healthy Q-Pon., and had been able to give Selby more game time experience. I think Ellis is also playing on a bad ankle. Need some real contributions from Bayless, Speights, Arthur, and yes Haddadi. Gotta go with what we got. Hope we can shut down O.J. and Dirk. Take the Mavs down, Grizz!

I dont want to jump the gun, but I think Juice and DIrk are slowly forming some chemistry. OJ's game keeps evolving now that his jumpshot isn't fallin. Turning into a one-man fastbreak like Monta Ellis or John Wall.

As you see above that isn't the Juice you Grizz fans are accustom to. Sensational stuff in the open court.

24 points 10 rebounds 5 assists last game, need more of that from Juice if Dallas going to have a chance to steal this one.

#4 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,825 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:15 AM

View Postlilojmayo, on 12 January 2013 - 04:51 AM, said:

I dont want to jump the gun, but I think Juice and DIrk are slowly forming some chemistry. OJ's game keeps evolving now that his jumpshot isn't fallin. Turning into a one-man fastbreak like Monta Ellis or John Wall. As you see above that isn't the Juice you Grizz fans are accustom to. Sensational stuff in the open court. 24 points 10 rebounds 5 assists last game, need more of that from Juice if Dallas going to have a chance to steal this one.
Posted Image

By the way, you may want to change your analogy from Ellis and Wall since they play on losing teams.

Then again Mayo and the Mavs seem to fit that description quite well.

#5 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:29 AM

View Postscooter, on 12 January 2013 - 12:19 AM, said:

I admit I'm a worrier. But am concerned that we had to play our starters so many minuets against San Antonio, and now having to travel to play a back to back. Z-bo: 42.47 min. Gay: 42.35 Conley: 40.50 Allen: 39.16 Gasol: 37.13 Wish we had a healthy Q-Pon., and had been able to give Selby more game time experience. I think Ellis is also playing on a bad ankle. Need some real contributions from Bayless, Speights, Arthur, and yes Haddadi. Gotta go with what we got. Hope we can shut down O.J. and Dirk. Take the Mavs down, Grizz!

Yeah, agreed. To be honest, I would NOT be surprised if we drop this one. Last night took a lot out of them, phyicially and emotionally (having to win the game in essence twice because we couldnt hit a FT).

But if I had to split this weekend's games, I wanted that game last night badly. Tonight might be tough. Could definitely come out flat. Maybe Wayne can get it going and carry us with some timely 3 pt shooting. But I will take a loss tonight to get the next game (Clippers, Monday at FEF) and win that one.

Then, guess what, our reward for the game last night and these next two games is we get to go to SA and do last night all over again. Another war to be sure.

#6 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,825 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:40 AM

Suck it up and play. It's not like the Grizzlies need to send their starters back to Memphis to rest up for the Clippers on Monday night!

#7 N I

Mayoneso

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,369 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:45 AM

I dont want to jump the gun, but I think Juice and DIrk are slowly forming some chemistry. OJ's game keeps evolving now that his jumpshot isn't fallin. Turning into a one-man fastbreak like Monta Ellis or John Wall. As you see above that isn't the Juice you Grizz fans are accustom to. Sensational stuff in the open court. 24 points 10 rebounds 5 assists last game, need more of that from Juice if Dallas going to have a chance to steal this one.

Meh. Ellington scored 26 on Sacramento with 11 shots in 26 minutes.

#8 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:05 AM

View Postchipc3, on 12 January 2013 - 06:40 AM, said:

Suck it up and play. It's not like the Grizzlies need to send their starters back to Memphis to rest up for the Clippers on Monday night!

heck that is a good idea Chip, LIonel should pull a "Pop" and send Zach, Mike, Rudy, and Marc back to MEM to rest. LOL.

Somehow I dont think DStern would give a rats arse about that. No national TV audience and I doubt anybody is worried about seeing our starters except the Dallas team and they would welcome not having to play against those 4. LOL

#9 fanboyslim

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,653 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:26 AM

OJ's game keeps evolving now that his jumpshot isn't fallin.
I suppose when you're shooting 22% from 3 since the beginning of January and 16% in the last 4 games you gotta find some silver lining somewhere.

#10 Kevin B Moses

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,875 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

We need this win, but after the emotional game we played last night, not sure if we are going to get it. Let's hope.

#11 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:04 AM

been thinking about this since I posted a couple posts earlier in this thread. Lionel should let this game be a game for the 2nd unit. Let DA and Mo Speights carry the load. Let HH come in and protect the rim and the paint against Kamen.

Heck, give Selby some significant playing time. He is rotting away down on the end of the bench these days. Is he going to mess up?? OF COURSE he will, but that is how one learns. You mess up and you learn from it. Selby cant ever mess up because he cant even get in the game. Let Mike rest as much as possible. Mike is going to be so key to playing the Punks.....errrrrrr.....I mean the Clippers on Monday.

Marc's neck muscles or whatever he aggravated last night will be hurting this morning. Let him take treatment all day and rest tonight.

Give Ellington and Bayless and Selby some burn tonight. We might be surprised at what they can do. DAL will not be ready for this. LOL

The only thing is that tonight is a division and a conference game. Pop pulled his stunt against an Eastern Conf team. May not be the smartest move to sacrifice a div/conference game.

But the point is that we HAVE TO BE READY for Monday night. No excuses, we have to be ready to go.

#12 Butchukoy2

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

I am not worried.... Coach Hollins just lit a fire to ignite his players grit and grind mantra. He stood for his players when he publicly told everybody he wants to keep this team together. The team will respond coz he showed. he care for them even if it can cost him his job. Same way he did when he went against Iverson. He made the FO know he is not going to kiss their butts'! This is how you get RESPECT from your team! All I can say in the end is, watch out for the Bears. Go GrizzLiEs!!!

#13 mschnbch

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

Ride the bench. Our bench players could start against the mavs and beat them, give them each 25-30 min. Especially Mo, he didn't play much last night he will be ready to go. It will help the bench continue to gel and build chemistry.. Just don't see how we can lose to the mavs the way we have been playing.. I know we will be exhausted but that's what you have a bench for. For games like this.

Win!

#14 IdrinkGuinness

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,098 posts
  • Interests:Heavy metal, horror movies, beer, camping.

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

Man Dallas has a pretty bad roster!

#15 fanboyslim

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,653 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

Dallas has exactly $0 committed in 2014 ($2M are team options for Jared Cunningham and Jae Crowder). That should tell you something about their plans for this year and the next.
Posted Image

#16 grizzknob

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

It could certainly be a trap game, but I like the focus and intensity the Grizz has shown lately so hopefully they can keep it up. Just bring the intensity on the defensive end especially and we should be in good shape, Dallas is 2-8 in their last 10 so it's not like they are playing well, hopefully we can help them keep up that trend.

#17 costarica2

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts
  • Interests:Boobs

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

Mo and other guys who did not played much last time need to help out on this one.

#18 electricvelvet

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

I definitely see the bench playing huge minutes in this game tonight and more than anything I'd love for Selby to get some extended minutes, however, I don't see that one happening. He never plays long enough to have a chance to do anything, as someone above said- good or bad! I feel like Selby has so much talent but just hasn't broken out and found his game (or had a chance to). He also seems much more confident and comfortable in the SL and I assume D League than the brief glimpses we see of him on the big courts.

I also agree that our players are probably exhausted after last night, I was at the game and it was all but a fact that we had won the game in regulation when Parker was able to hit the miracle three. But I think that Dallas is in such a bad spot right now that it should still be no problem.

Also, there was way too much Spur lover in the Forum last night. What the hell was that all about?

#19 mschnbch

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

View Postelectricvelvet, on 12 January 2013 - 04:14 PM, said:

I definitely see the bench playing huge minutes in this game tonight and more than anything I'd love for Selby to get some extended minutes, however, I don't see that one happening. He never plays long enough to have a chance to do anything, as someone above said- good or bad! I feel like Selby has so much talent but just hasn't broken out and found his game (or had a chance to). He also seems much more confident and comfortable in the SL and I assume D League than the brief glimpses we see of him on the big courts.

I also agree that our players are probably exhausted after last night, I was at the game and it was all but a fact that we had won the game in regulation when Parker was able to hit the miracle three. But I think that Dallas is in such a bad spot right now that it should still be no problem.

Also, there was way too much Spur lover in the Forum last night. What the hell was that all about?

I talked to a lot of them after the game just showing some hospitality and most of them were from Texas. But there were a number of them. I Would have not been so nice to them had we lost but luckily I got to rub it in that we won a little haha.

#20 Roll_Grizz

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

Tony vs. OJ. Round II in Dallas. Going to be tough after the week we had and especially after last night. Go Grizz!