200 replies to this topic

#1 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,389 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

Benches

Grizzlies Darrell Arthur Jerryd Bayless Wayne Ellington Hamed Haddadi Quincy Pondexter Josh Selby Marreese Speights Tony Wroten
Nuggets Corey Brewer Wilson Chandler Evan Fournier Jordan Hamilton JaVale McGee Andre Miller Quincy Miller Timofey Mozgov Anthony Randolph Julyan Stone

Game Information

Previews: CBS | ESPN | NBA | Yahoo

Stat Comparisons: ESPN | FOX | NBA

Depth: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Referee Assignments: NBA

Live Game Info: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA

Play-By-Plays: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Box Scores: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Shot Charts: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Game Flows: CBS | ESPN | Popcorn Machine

Recaps: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

#2 Memphicity Design

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,410 posts
  • Interests:MemphisShirt.com

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

Man how I want to win this one. I would hate to lose the season series to Denver.

#3 mschnbch

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

^ Must win

#4 Roll_Grizz

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

I'll representing Alabama for the 3rd time this season in the Grindhouse for this one. Must win.

#5 dancevan

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

View PostRoll_Grizz, on 27 December 2012 - 08:00 PM, said:

I'll representing Alabama for the 3rd time this season in the Grindhouse for this one. Must win.

What part of AL are u from?

#6 Roll_Grizz

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

View Postdancevan, on 27 December 2012 - 08:38 PM, said:

What part of AL are u from?

Florence, AL. We're in the Northwest corner of Alabama.

#7 Acehigh718

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,977 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:18 AM

I love watching these two teams square off.

#8 dancevan

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:13 AM

View PostRoll_Grizz, on 27 December 2012 - 09:26 PM, said:

Florence, AL. We're in the Northwest corner of Alabama.

Cool, I live in Fairhope, it's on the eastern shore of mobile bay

#9 Roll_Grizz

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:19 AM

View Postdancevan, on 28 December 2012 - 09:13 AM, said:

Cool, I live in Fairhope, it's on the eastern shore of mobile bay

Roll Tide!

#10 notnilc20

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:55 PM

Gonna be tough but hopefully with Rudy back our offense will look better. Still reeling from that76ers loss. Why is it that opposing players someone always has a career night or season high against us? Denver has a high offensive output, gotta stuff em tomorrow night. Go Grizzlies!!

#11 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,344 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

View Postnotnilc20, on 28 December 2012 - 01:55 PM, said:

Gonna be tough but hopefully with Rudy back our offense will look better. Still reeling from that76ers loss. Why is it that opposing players someone always has a career night or season high against us? Denver has a high offensive output, gotta stuff em tomorrow night. Go Grizzlies!!
You must have missed the four games prior to the two losses when the Grizzlies held each opponent to 85 points or less. I doubt anyone at Utah, Milwaukee, Chicago or Dallas feel like everyone who plays the Grizzlies have a career night.

#12 CoachHesam

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts
  • Interests:3.5% APR

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

For my 8-2 call to come true Grizz must win the next 4, uhoh :huh: ofcourse they'll win the next 4 for sure. Fire Hollins & his crew. The problem he's got is incurable. Pushing players never produces champions, Avery Johnson tried it too and he's fired. Champions are created by letting potentials bloom freely and without a boo-boo walking on the courtside. We would've won the last one too if Rudy hadn't skipped the game.

#13 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,359 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

View PostCoachHesam, on 28 December 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

if Rudy hadn't skipped the game.
COMPLETELY insensitive/inappropriate. Rudy did not 'skip' the game. He was spending Christmas with an ill family member and wasn't able to return in time due to weather. It's not as though he wanted to miss the game.

Some people around here seriously need to have some **** respect. The man's mother is sick.

#14 Memphicity Design

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,410 posts
  • Interests:MemphisShirt.com

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

View Postchipc3, on 28 December 2012 - 02:14 PM, said:

You must have missed the four games prior to the two losses when the Grizzlies held each opponent to 85 points or less. I doubt anyone at Utah, Milwaukee, Chicago or Dallas feel like everyone who plays the Grizzlies have a career night.

Big Country Reeves scored 41 back in 97' ... So whats your point. Every time someone points out our struggles you bring up stuff in the past be it recent or no so recent.... What we did it those 4 games means squat because right now we are NOT doing well. Take your homer glasses off for a minute and admit it when the team is stinking it up.

#15 scooter

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

Looking at the latest "pick 10", I counted 10 posters picking this game as a Grizz win, and no one predicted a Denver win. That looks like these posters are ready for "pay back" time.

I hope the Grizz players are looking for the same thing.

We still don't match up real well with this team, and if it becomes a run and gun game are we in trouble?

I think this will be tough, close contest. The Nuggets will be playing us after playing tonight. Imo, this a game to play them physical. We need to take Denver down. GO GRIZZ!

#16 new_skool91

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,610 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:28 PM

View PostGTG, on 28 December 2012 - 05:16 PM, said:

COMPLETELY insensitive/inappropriate. Rudy did not 'skip' the game. He was spending Christmas with an ill family member and wasn't able to return in time due to weather. It's not as though he wanted to miss the game. Some people around here seriously need to have some **** respect. The man's mother is sick.
Grandmother.

#17 new_skool91

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,610 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

We have a chance because they are on the tail end of a back to back. We should be able to wear them down with our defense.

#18 TT_Grizz

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

Am I the only who thinks that maybe we can't get on a roll or a win streak going or seem to be playing out of flow is because every one of our games is 3-4 days apart? When you have games that far apart it's hard to get rhythm going and get into a flow. It's like taking a long break between every game, so when players go in to the next game, they can't take that confidence and rhythm in from the last game. When we went on that streak against MIA, OKC and NY, we played each of them every 2nd day, in 5 days total. This meant the players were in a good flow and their confidence was kept up.

Am I the only one who sees this?

#19 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,491 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

View PostTT_Grizz, on 28 December 2012 - 09:31 PM, said:

Am I the only who thinks that maybe we can't get on a roll or a win streak going or seem to be playing out of flow is because every one of our games is 3-4 days apart? When you have games that far apart it's hard to get rhythm going and get into a flow. It's like taking a long break between every game, so when players go in to the next game, they can't take that confidence and rhythm in from the last game. When we went on that streak against MIA, OKC and NY, we played each of them every 2nd day, in 5 days total. This meant the players were in a good flow and their confidence was kept up. Am I the only one who sees this?

I was thinking about this the other day. Its hard to get anything going when you are off for 3 and 4 days at a time. However when we play a back to back, we hear all the talk about having no energy and yada yada yada.

I think that maybe some road games may help the team focus. At least i hope so. On the road it seems that they focus more and are sharper somewhat although I think we are 6-5 on the road so that theory is probably shot.

With the way the schedule is about to become, the Grizz better be able to win some road games or we will find our beloved Grizzlies down around 5th or 6th in the West.

Grizz have 17 games in January (8 home/9 away) and they go to places like BOS, SAS, GSW, PHO (heck we lost to them there earlier so until we can win there, I will consider that a tough road game), CHI, DAL, PHI and OKC.

I honestly believe that the month of January will tell the tale of the Grizz. Some tough road games against quality opponents. We will see how they do. This is why I get so frustrated about losing games like the Philly game or the ATL home game or PHO on the road. We needed to be stockpiling wins because we could easily lose 6-8 games in Jan.

It needs to start tomorrow night with a win over an impressive DEN team. DEN has played 20--thats TWENTY road games and only 10 home games and they are still above .500. I hope the Grizz can develop some toughness like that.

#20 notnilc20

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

View Postchipc3, on 28 December 2012 - 02:14 PM, said:

I guess I shouldn't use the word "always" and in hindsight should've said when they lose. Thought it was clear enough though.