• 5,403 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

Matchups
Date & Time: Wednesday, December 26, 7:00 pm CT
Television: SportSouth, NBA LP / LPBB / LPM
Radio/Audio: 92.9FM, 680AM, Affiliates, NBA ALP/GT
Promotions: No Promotions

Benches

Grizzlies Darrell Arthur Jerryd Bayless Wayne Ellington Rudy Gay Hamed Haddadi Josh Selby Marreese Speights Tony Wroten
76ers Kwame Brown Andrew Bynum Spencer Hawes Royal Ivey Arnett Moultrie Jason Richardson Maalik Wayns Damien Wilkins Nick Young

Game Information

Previews: CBS | ESPN | NBA | Yahoo

Stat Comparisons: ESPN | FOX | NBA

Depth: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Referee Assignments: NBA

Live Game Info: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA

Play-By-Plays: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Box Scores: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Shot Charts: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Game Flows: CBS | ESPN | Popcorn Machine

Recaps: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

#2 smit-tay griz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,528 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

We're gonna win this one. GO GRIZZLIES!!!

#3 scooter

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

Word to the wise. Not real sure about this; but I believe the Sixers love to shoot the three ball. Would be a good idea to make sure we get a hand in the face of the shooters that love to jack them up. Also, How about we learn to play up-tempo as well as our usual pack the paint slow down style.

Please adjust when necessary, Hollins!!!!!!!!!

#4 smit-tay griz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,528 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

We lose to a high tempo team in an away game on the second night of a back-to-back and now everyone has no confidence in our team. We're winning this one.

#5 Acehigh718

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,259 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:17 AM

Just got back home from Brooklyn, where I went to see the Nets play the Sixers earlier this afternoon. I've got to say, this Sixers team is not nearly as good as I expected them to be heading into the season, and yes, I'm accounting for the Bynum issue. They're missing Lou Williams more than I imagined. As long as the Grizz don't sleepwalk after a long break, they should run away with this one. Just contain Jrue.

#6 Dwash

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,238 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:45 AM

View PostAcehigh718, on 24 December 2012 - 01:17 AM, said:

Just got back home from Brooklyn, where I went to see the Nets play the Sixers earlier this afternoon. I've got to say, this Sixers team is not nearly as good as I expected them to be heading into the season, and yes, I'm accounting for the Bynum issue. They're missing Lou Williams more than I imagined. As long as the Grizz don't sleepwalk after a long break, they should run away with this one. Just contain Jrue.

I would give a left nut to have a player like Jrue on the Grizzlies. Looks like teams are developing tweener guards or aggressive smaller score first guards into point guards now and having some success

#7 CoachHesam

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
  • Interests:3.5% APR

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

View PostDwash, on 24 December 2012 - 08:45 AM, said:

I would give a left nut to have a player like Jrue on the Grizzlies. Looks like teams are developing tweener guards or aggressive smaller score first guards into point guards now and having some success

I don't think NBA accepts nuts as payment but Holiday is "Pretty good" in my book, not "Great". The great ones have no game with under 20 points. Holiday might get there by 5th or 6th season but for now I would save my nut if I were you.

Grizz 94.

#8 Acehigh718

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,259 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:09 PM

View PostCoachHesam, on 25 December 2012 - 01:43 PM, said:

I don't think NBA accepts nuts as payment but Holiday is "Pretty good" in my book, not "Great". The great ones have no game with under 20 points. Holiday might get there by 5th or 6th season but for now I would save my nut if I were you.

Grizz 94.
This post is priceless.

#9 Dwash

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,238 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

View PostCoachHesam, on 25 December 2012 - 01:43 PM, said:

I don't think NBA accepts nuts as payment but Holiday is "Pretty good" in my book, not "Great". The great ones have no game with under 20 points. Holiday might get there by 5th or 6th season but for now I would save my nut if I were you. Grizz 94.

Chris Paul doesn't even average 20.

#10 CoachHesam

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:36 PM

View PostDwash, on 25 December 2012 - 10:09 PM, said:

Chris Paul doesn't even average 20.

Anyone who said Chris Paul is great was just paying him a compliment or trying to talk politically correct on TV. CP fits under "Pretty Good" category. Examples of Great are Kobe, Jordan, Durant, Wade & Westbrook are getting there.

#11 notnilc20

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

Oh no......Nick Young!!!!

#12 Dwash

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,238 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:00 AM

View PostCoachHesam, on 25 December 2012 - 10:36 PM, said:

Anyone who said Chris Paul is great was just paying him a compliment or trying to talk politically correct on TV. CP fits under "Pretty Good" category. Examples of Great are Kobe, Jordan, Durant, Wade & Westbrook are getting there.

Uh ok.

#13 Subliminal

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:36 AM

View PostDwash, on 26 December 2012 - 12:00 AM, said:

Uh ok.

Lulz :lol:

#14 oldmanGrizz

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:31 AM

Jason Richardson out tonight with lower back strain according to Sixers.

#15 Wells

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,805 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

Driving in to work this morning, I was listening to Mike & Mike on ESPN radio. The substitute announcers had Jeff van Gundy on to talk about the games from yesterday, and they asked him did he think the Clippers were the team to beat in the West. His response was no, that the Thunder are still the favorite, but he thought that the Spurs were in the mix and that he really liked the way the GRIZZLIES had been playing. Finally, some recognition from JVG!!

#16 CoachHesam

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

View PostWells, on 26 December 2012 - 11:19 AM, said:

Driving in to work this morning, I was listening to Mike & Mike on ESPN radio. The substitute announcers had Jeff van Gundy on to talk about the games from yesterday, and they asked him did he think the Clippers were the team to beat in the West. His response was no, that the Thunder are still the favorite, but he thought that the Spurs were in the mix and that he really liked the way the GRIZZLIES had been playing. Finally, some recognition from JVG!!

I hate to be straight/honest/politically incorrect but I believe it takes a "Dominant Guard with a great backup", a "Dominant Forward with a good backup" and a "Dominant Center with a good backup" to get to the championship. At the moment Grizz has no great backup guard, it has a fair backup forward and a fair backup center. So for Grizz to get to the mountain-top it needs other tools like "Super Guts", "Super Energy for 48 minutes" and "Super Luck". To make the long story short It all depends on the team itself not what others might rate it whether it gets to the top or falls to the bottom.

#17 Lexus LX 570

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,242 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

Since Verno is not going to be on this week, can anyone give their reasons why to hate the Sixers?

#18 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,522 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

View Postnotnilc20, on 25 December 2012 - 10:44 PM, said:

Oh no......Nick Young!!!!

I just threw up a little bit thinking of freakin Nick Young and 4 3pointers in about a min of gametime. Thank goodness JRichardson is out. But Nick Young is one guy I could have done without remembering for quite a while.

#19 Kuma

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

View PostLexus LX 570, on 26 December 2012 - 04:06 PM, said:

Since Verno is not going to be on this week, can anyone give their reasons why to hate the Sixers?

Because Jrue Holiday is better than Mike Conley

#20 Wells

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,805 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

View PostLexus LX 570, on 26 December 2012 - 04:06 PM, said:

Lavoy Allen - Who? And what type of name is Lavoy?
Kwame Brown - Just the name says it all, not to mention remembering the two months you were a Grizzly.
Andrew Bynum - Faker. Damaged goods pawned off on Philly who thought they were getting somethin'.
Spenser Hawes - Lurch? Seriously, you can't even beat Lavoy Allen out for the starting job?!
Jrue Holiday - OK, someone with a worse first name than Lavoy.
Royal Ivey - Poison's cousin?
Arnett Moultrie - OK, someone more obscure than Lavoy Allen.
Jason Richardson - Are you even still in the league? How old are you?
Evan Turner - Rudy wants payback. You cost him his first playoffs and the Grizzlies a trip to the WCF possibly.
Maalik Wayns - Seriously, who comes up with these names, Carrot Top?
Damien Wilkins - All right, someone older than Jason Richardson. Need your walker yet?
Dorell Wright - Strotential, I tell you, strotential!
Nick Young - FLOPPER, all that needs to be said.
Thaddeus Young - Memphis boy who would rather go to Ga Tech than play for Calipari? What, you didn't want to play with the big boys or somethin'.

And the coach, Doug Collins - still living in the shadow of Phil Jackson, who stole your thunder with the Bulls.