146 replies to this topic

#1 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:14 PM

Benches

Grizzlies Darrell Arthur Jerryd Bayless Wayne Ellington Hamed Haddadi Quincy Pondexter Josh Selby Marreese Speights Tony Wroten
Rockets Cole Aldrich Daequan Cook Carlos Delfino Toney Douglas Terrence Jones Scott Machado Donatas Motiejunas Patrick Patterson Greg Smith Royce White

Game Information

Previews: CBS | ESPN | NBA | Yahoo

Stat Comparisons: ESPN | FOX | NBA

Depth: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Referee Assignments: NBA

Live Game Info: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA

Play-By-Plays: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Box Scores: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Shot Charts: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Game Flows: CBS | ESPN | Popcorn Machine

Recaps: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

#2 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,998 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:18 AM

I have a bad feeling the Rockets are going to stop the Grizzlies streak of 23 consecutive games holding opponents under 100 points tonight. The Grizzlies never seem to play well in Houston, it's the second game of a back to back series, the Grizzlies played an emotional game tonight against the O J Mayo led Mavericks and Tony Allen played the most minutes of the season as well.

A let down would be understandable but hopefully the team won't let down too much to allow the Rockets to reach 100. After all the team is knocking on the door of the modern NBA record held by the Celtics of 2007-08.

#3 TT_Grizz

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:30 AM

If we can get the W, it will actually be a massive win for us and give us momentum going forward. Second night of a back to back on the road, it'll be a tough game. Our bench is gonna need to win this one for us, along with Marc and Mike, who haven't been themselves of late.

#4 LoneGFS

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

i don't feel good about this one too

#5 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,998 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

Apparently I was wrong on the Celtics holding the record. The Pistons own the record with 36 consecutive games holding teams under 100. Grizzlies are at 23.

#6 smit-tay griz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,717 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:30 AM

I don't care about the record, I want the win. I hope TA's and QP's defense is on tonight and I hope Rudy shuts down Parsons for once, but if it turns into a shootout or an uglyfest I just want the win.

#7 Plop Plop Griz Griz

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:44 AM

I want to see Royce White play. Do the Rockets even know he's on the team?

#8 new_skool91

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,618 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

If the streak ends and we win, it will mean two good things obviously first that we won, but secondly, that we finally scored more than 100 points ourselves. They average 105 and give up 104. I think that our best in the league defense should be able to hold them to 5 under their average though. Defense is what will win this for us; I don't know that we can outscore them. We have the weapons and if things get clicking (like three's from QPon) then we can, but our best bet IMO is TA haggling Harden into a very inefficient night and Lin having a lot of turnovers + ZBo with a big game on the block.

#9 Memphicity Design

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts
  • Interests:MemphisShirt.com

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

We are 1 point underdogs tonight.

#10 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

Iggy, what say you????? Right before the Utah game (another place we hadnt won in years), you said it would be a win. "Book it." The team stunk it up in the first half of that game and it looked bleak, but they turned it around and made your prophecy right,

So what is it going to be Iggy? Win? or No win?

I just dont know. Until they prove to me they can win in Houston, I cant get excited about it. Harden was "Allen-ized" when they were in MEM, I cant expect him to play like that tonight even with TA on him. TA played 34+ mins last night and flew to Houston. He may not be his normal defensive self. We will see.

#11 scooter

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

We need our bench to have one of their best games. Conley almost played 40 minutes last night. Bayless needs to step in for him and play well, thus keeping Conley as fresh as possible. Also, as has been pointed out, that was an emotional and hard fought win last night. We played hard defense, our legs and bodies will feel the effect of a back to back game. Houston has had 3 days rest. Odds point to a win for the Rockets.

Still in the NBA on any given night any team can win. Maybe this will be the night the Grizz have their best offensive game of the year. Oh yeah, I can't stand the Rockets or the Clippers. GO bust the Rockets chops. We are waiting for the Clips and they will soon know our wrath.

GO Grizz!!!

#12 Iggy

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,488 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

View Postsouthbluffsgrizzfan, on 22 December 2012 - 06:14 PM, said:

Iggy, what say you????? Right before the Utah game (another place we hadnt won in years), you said it would be a win. "Book it." The team stunk it up in the first half of that game and it looked bleak, but they turned it around and made your prophecy right,

So what is it going to be Iggy? Win? or No win?

I just dont know. Until they prove to me they can win in Houston, I cant get excited about it. Harden was "Allen-ized" when they were in MEM, I cant expect him to play like that tonight even with TA on him. TA played 34+ mins last night and flew to Houston. He may not be his normal defensive self. We will see.

My gut feeling is a loss. This is based on the fact that they're a high scoring team, well rested, and are at home where they've beaten us 12 in a row. And this game is more important to them than us.

The 1pt spread feels about right. The game could go either way.

#13 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

View Postscooter, on 22 December 2012 - 06:49 PM, said:

We need our bench to have one of their best games. Conley almost played 40 minutes last night. Bayless needs to step in for him and play well, thus keeping Conley as fresh as possible. Also, as has been pointed out, that was an emotional and hard fought win last night. We played hard defense, our legs and bodies will feel the effect of a back to back game. Houston has had 3 days rest. Odds point to a win for the Rockets. Still in the NBA on any given night any team can win. Maybe this will be the night the Grizz have their best offensive game of the year. Oh yeah, I can't stand the Rockets or the Clippers. GO bust the Rockets chops. We are waiting for the Clips and they will soon know our wrath. GO Grizz!!!

Good point scooter. I was at FEF last night and I saw something that I hadnt seen since last season. Mike played the whole 3rd quarter and in the 4th quarter at the end of timeouts, everyone would be getting up but Mike would stay seated until the last possible second. Then he would slowly get up or a teammate would stick his hand out and pull Mike up. Last year, that happened every game it seemed and it wore Mike out.

So I thought like you scooter that tonight might be a tough night for MC11 and we will really really need Bayless to eat up some minutes. Wish Wroten could play even 5 or 6 mins and just distribute the ball and play defense if we were to get a lead--anything to help Mike out.

I know, I know, Lionel will never let Wroten see the lights of the court on the road. It was just a thought as crazy as it is. Just a thought.

#14 TT_Grizz

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

Expect to see Selby get some playing time. He was recalled from the D League today after averaging 22 points, 6.5 assists, 7 rebounds, shooting 44% from the field. I mean, why else would they recall him unless they wanted to play him today? This is one of them games where we need alot of energy from the bench anyway.

#15 costarica2

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,557 posts
  • Interests:Boobs

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

Houston we have a problem we always lose in Houston.

#16 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

View PostIggy, on 22 December 2012 - 07:04 PM, said:

My gut feeling is a loss. This is based on the fact that they're a high scoring team, well rested, and are at home where they've beaten us 12 in a row. And this game is more important to them than us. The 1pt spread feels about right. The game could go either way.

Great minds think alike LOL. I have been thinking this all day. I think TA will be a bit tired because of playing 38 mins against OJ then flying to Houston and getting to hotel at 2am or so.

Houston has been clicking on all cylinders in the past couple games. They beat the Knicks IN MSG by 13 (109-96) and the Knicks pride themselves on being a good defensive team so HOU is apt to go off at any time. I hope its not tonight but who knows.

I just hope we keep it somewhat close and maybe have a chance at the end and see what happens.

#17 Kuma

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

Harden gets worse calls than 2006 D Wade

#18 TT_Grizz

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

Finally, a good exciting start to the game

#19 costarica2

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,557 posts
  • Interests:Boobs

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

They keep running ZBO has to get back.

#20 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

Love how Marc, knowing that the only size HOU has is Asik and if gotten in foul trouble could cause big probs for the Rockets, catches the ball and DOESNT HAVE A THOUGHT of going to the basket and trying to get Asik to foul him. He catches the ball and immediately turns around and looks behind him.

Asik has no worries, we arent going to challenge him and make him play defense because we have a talented pillow soft center right now.

Man up Marc, jeez