138 replies to this topic

#1 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,403 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

Benches

Grizzlies Darrell Arthur Jerryd Bayless Wayne Ellington Hamed Haddadi Quincy Pondexter Josh Selby Marreese Speights Tony Wroten
Mavericks Rodrigue Beaubois Elton Brand Vince Carter Jae Crowder Jared Cunningham Derek Fisher Bernard James Dominique Jones Dirk Nowitzki Brandan Wright

Game Information

Previews: CBS | ESPN | NBA | Yahoo

Stat Comparisons: ESPN | FOX | NBA

Depth: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Referee Assignments: NBA

Live Game Info: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA

Play-By-Plays: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Box Scores: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Shot Charts: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Game Flows: CBS | ESPN | Popcorn Machine

Recaps: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

#2 GrizzCR

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:24 PM

Thank you... I was just about to panic with no game thread for tomorrow night's big game! :-)

Thanks for all of your work SixthMan!

#3 Skrilla Steve

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

Go Grizz. Driving in from Nashville tomorrow for this one.

#4 costarica2

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,521 posts
  • Interests:Boobs

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

They play the Heat and then us(Back to back) that should help us out a bit

#5 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,403 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

View PostGrizzCR, on 20 December 2012 - 09:24 PM, said:

Thank you... I was just about to panic with no game thread for tomorrow night's big game! :-) Thanks for all of your work SixthMan!
Thanks. I'm still hoping that the Grizzlies.com web developers will fix the programming on their end so that the Upcoming Games section goes back to being side-by-side with the Game Information. The last changes they made on the boards messed it up.

#6 scooter

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

This is a must win. Lilomayo will never let us forget it if a team that has his idol on it beats us.

#7 Dwash

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,228 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

The Mavericks are depleted and weak. Hopefully they take care of business and rest for the tough and unpredictable Rockets, who run teams out the building sometimes.

#8 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,374 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

Sorry guys, no chance on earth we win. AUTOMATIC LOSS!

With the oppressive shackles of Hollins' system removed, OJ has been able to finally reach his potential. He has blossomed into the best SG in the NBA for the 2013 season. Even the great one (Kobe) has been dethroned by Juice's amazing awesomeness. He's just super. Nothing can stop him. We lose by 35, Juice goes off for 50-60+.

ALL HAIL OJ MAYO!! THE GREAT AND POWERFUL! May his reign as the greatest sports person ever in the history if the earth be a long and prosperous one! I can't wait to see you play again OJ!! You're mmaculate! Simply unbelievable! I cry when I see you play! I love you...

Posted Image Juice Mayo for 2013 MVP PRESIDENT OF THE WORLD!!

#9 dancevan

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

Driving up from south Alabama to see this one, can't wait to see TA guard OJ, gonna put him on lock down

#10 TimBC

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,066 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:19 PM

SuperMayo tonight is 2-9, minus-27. And tomorrow he'll be tired.
I want to see Mayo shut RIGHT down.
After that he can go and score 50 against Houston if he wants, best of luck buddy.

#11 Subliminal

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

View PostTimBC, on 20 December 2012 - 10:19 PM, said:

SuperMayo tonight is 2-9, minus-27. And tomorrow he'll be tired.
I want to see Mayo shut RIGHT down.
After that he can go and score 50 against Houston if he wants, best of luck buddy.

Mayo doesn't miss shots. The rim must have moved.

#12 Wells

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:52 PM

O. J. has looked like the fourth best shooting guard... on the floor at American Airlines Arena tonight. Wade, Allen, and Miller have out performed him. I'm tempted to say Vince Carter might have as well.

#13 TT_Grizz

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,593 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

As much as i wanna see TA shut down OJ and us get the W, i hope the crowd at FEF gives him a nice ovation before the game. There'd be no reason to boo him as he made the right decision for himself, and he didn't say anything bad about the Grizz after he left. When i see other fans boo their former players at games, it makes them see so trashy and stupid as a fanbase.

#14 fanboyslim

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,585 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:56 AM

View PostSubliminal, on 20 December 2012 - 10:32 PM, said:

Mayo doesn't miss shots. The rim must have moved.
He does it on purpose to give the rest of the world hope.

#15 Subliminal

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

View Postfanboyslim, on 21 December 2012 - 12:56 AM, said:

He does it on purpose to give the rest of the world hope.

:lol:

View PostTT_Grizz, on 20 December 2012 - 11:23 PM, said:

As much as i wanna see TA shut down OJ and us get the W, i hope the crowd at FEF gives him a nice ovation before the game. There'd be no reason to boo him as he made the right decision for himself, and he didn't say anything bad about the Grizz after he left. When i see other fans boo their former players at games, it makes them see so trashy and stupid as a fanbase.

As much as I joke, I feel the same way.

#16 fanboyslim

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,585 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:36 AM

View PostSubliminal, on 21 December 2012 - 02:28 AM, said:

:lol:/> As much as I joke, I feel the same way.
Same here. I don't think anyone should have any ill will against him, and if he wasn't in our own division I'd root for him every day except when playing against us.

#17 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:37 AM

Well, I was hoping DAL could beat MIA last night or at least go 2 or 3 OTs with them and just get completely spent, but they didnt and OJ had a whopping 8 pts.

Normally I would think that would be a sign that OJ will erupt for 30+ tonight but I just cant see OJ scoring like that unless TA is hurt or sick. Just dont think TA is going to allow that. LOL

I really just want to win this game and get it over with. I dont get any joy from watching OJ do badly if he does tonight and I dont wish him to be on a bad team, but I just want to get this done and get a win and go to 18-6

#18 Memphicity Design

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts
  • Interests:MemphisShirt.com

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:11 AM

We are 10 point favorites tonight.

#19 BHZMAFIA

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,186 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

O.J. Mayo tried to paint his first trip to Memphis as a Grizzlies opponent as "just another game on the schedule," but it didn't take much to get him to say that he had some major additional motivational fodder for his return.

"Going back to a former team that you had some mishaps between the two parties, that's the way it goes," Mayo said late Thursday night. "You obviously want to go back and kick their butts. They want to kick your butt to show that you're not needed, whatever the case may be."

Mayo, who has blossomed into an All-Star candidate for the Dallas Mavericks since signing this summer for the bargain salary of $4 million, had quite a fall from grace in Memphis.

The Grizzlies planned to build around Mayo at shooting guard after he arrived in Memphis as the third overall pick in the 2008 draft and put up pretty impressive numbers as a rookie, averaging 18.5 points per game. But plans changed and Mayo's numbers plummeted, particularly after he was demoted to sixth man the last two seasons.

Mayo butted heads with coach Lionel Hollins and had a much publicized fight on the team plan with teammate Tony Allen, who replaced him in the starting lineup, over a gambling debt. The Grizzlies almost traded Mayo on at least three occasions -- once informing him that he'd been dealt to Boston, only to call him back the next morning after his bags were packed to tell him the deal was off.

Suffice to say, Mayo knew all along that he wouldn't be returning to Memphis after his rookie deal expired at the end of last season.

"Once you see the writing on the wall, you can't be dumb to the fact," said Mayo, who didn't have any discussions with Memphis while he was a free agent. "I didn't even go to the exit meeting. I pretty much knew what it was."

Memphis' management has given big contracts to Zach Randolph, Rudy Gay, Marc Gasol and Mike Conley in recent years. Those four are the foundation of a team that sits atop the Southwest Division standings with a 17-6 record.

"Management did what they felt was best for the team," Mayo said, "and it looks like it's working out for them."

The move to the Mavs has worked out for Mayo, who proudly says he always gave the Grizzlies his all despite knowing he didn't fit with the franchise. He ranks ninth in the NBA in scoring at 20.2 points per game and leads the league in 3-point percentage (.500).

The truth is Mayo looks forward to trying to light up his former team, although it'll be tough on the butt end of a back-to-back after the Mavs arrived in Memphis at about 2 a.m. Friday. It doesn't take too much to get him to admit that he's still mad about his time in Memphis and would love to get a little payback.

"How would you feel? How would you feel?" Mayo said. "It's going to be fun, I think so. (Expletive), it's going to be fun."

I cannot wait.

#20 GrizzTigerFan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

You know I really hate mayo wasn't atleast a legit 6'5 with a 6'9 wingspan. If he was I would have gone with him over Rudy as part of the core and team foundation. But his physical limitations and his own mentality about his limitations made the decision easy for Lionel.

even though Lionel isn't crazy about short SGs I think he would have been a better fit with Zbo because he prefers to take jumpers than driving to the rim. He also is a much better passer and could share with ball-handling duties with Conley.

Tony Allen would have to get moved to the bench and Mayo would have to be declared as 2nd option on offense for his ego because he could not wrap his head around being 3rd or 4th option.

but the problem was he isn't 6'5 and wasn't 2nd option. So he wanted to be a PG instead of a scorer which is his true talent. He harped on how difficult it was for him to guard bigger guys. He couldn't understand how he can still have a large affect on offense by being primary weapon off the bench he couldn't follow the path of Manu Crawford or Terry. Mayo focused too much on his limitations while he was here instead of making his strengths elite level so to force the coach to change his philosophy.

Yes Hollins never utilized him correctly mainly by just allowing him to be a jump shooter and secondary ball-handler. so we had to move on without him yea we are more successful so far but I do think mayo is an AllStar level talent and wish it could have worked out.