119 replies to this topic

#1 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,398 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

Benches

Grizzlies Darrell Arthur Jerryd Bayless Wayne Ellington Hamed Haddadi Quincy Pondexter Josh Selby Marreese Speights Tony Wroten
Bucks Samuel Dalembert Mike Dunleavy Drew Gooden Tobias Harris John Henson Ersan Ilyasova Doron Lamb Joel Przybilla Ekpe Udoh Beno Udrih

Game Information

Previews: CBS | ESPN | NBA | Yahoo

Stat Comparisons: ESPN | FOX | NBA

Depth: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Referee Assignments: NBA

Live Game Info: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA

Play-By-Plays: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Box Scores: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Shot Charts: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Game Flows: CBS | ESPN | Popcorn Machine

Recaps: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

#2 oldmanGrizz

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:35 AM

Bucks will be coming off a home game against the Pacers. We need to run against their (hopefully) tired legs.

#3 GrizzliesIQYO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,740 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

we play good teams the next 7...this will be good work..

YO

#4 smit-tay griz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,447 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

8:30? Why the late start?

#5 Wells

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,752 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

View Postsmit-tay griz, on 18 December 2012 - 07:53 PM, said:

8:30? Why the late start?
Because we are the second game of the ESPN double header that night.

#6 costarica2

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,521 posts
  • Interests:Boobs

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

We should easily win this they don't have a big man and Conley and Tony Allen should stop Monta and Jennings.

#7 smit-tay griz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,447 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

View PostWells, on 18 December 2012 - 08:46 PM, said:

Because we are the second game of the ESPN double header that night.
Oh, thanks. I hate ESPN broadcasts. I like Pete and Sean/Brevin.

#8 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:30 AM

View Postsmit-tay griz, on 18 December 2012 - 10:26 PM, said:

Oh, thanks. I hate ESPN broadcasts. I like Pete and Sean/Brevin.
I completely agree. I despise the national broadcasts. I love watching League Pass and listening to the local broadcast teams for all the different teams around the league.

I actually love to listen to Ralph Lawler for the Clippers broadcast. He gets a little full of himself sometimes but he is hilarious at times.

It is just interesting to hear how other cities and their franchises view things. I would much prefer the local teams like Pete and Sean. I am getting tired of Brevin and him calling Pete "partner" every 10-15 secs, but I still like them better than the jackarses for ESPN who just fly in and read some research, talk to a couple folks and consider themselves experts on MEM or whoever they are covering that night.

And the halftime show with Magic is horrible. If it doesnt concern the Lakers, Clippers or the Heat, Magic just doesnt even know what is going on. Bill Simmons is actually quite knowledgeable about MEM, Jalen Rose will compliment us from time to time and Wilbon sometimes mentions us favorably, but most of the time, all they want to talk about is Lakers, Clippers and Heat with some OKC and Nets here and there.

#9 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,763 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:44 AM

I remember wondering what homework the announcers did before the Denver game. They talked about how Memphis is a great matchup with Denver. I was thinking the exact opposite. Lawson is faster than Conley and more of a scorer which puts a lot of pressure on Mike to perform. Allen doesn't really have anyone to guard. Gallo is tall enough to force Rudy away from the hoop and his range puts a lot of pressure on Rudy defensively. Fareed is faster and more energetic than Z-Bo and the Nuggets have a ton of big men to throw at Marc. Don't even get me started on how the Grizzlies struggle against Andre Miller. If anything Memphis doesn't matchup well with Denver not the other way around.

Then they said no one knows if Randolph and Gay can co-exist!

That's the most frustrating thing about national broadcasts. Outside of Hubie Brown no one knows the Grizzlies and they say the most trite and generally wrong things based on a national assumption of the team and not the reality. We expect a lot from announcers thanks to Pete, Brevin, Sean and the rest. The national teams don't know the Grizzlies that well.

#10 STS

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:NBA,NFL,MLB,NHL.

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:53 AM

View Postchipc3, on 19 December 2012 - 08:44 AM, said:

I remember wondering what homework the announcers did before the Denver game. They talked about how Memphis is a great matchup with Denver. I was thinking the exact opposite. Lawson is faster than Conley and more of a scorer which puts a lot of pressure on Mike to perform. Allen doesn't really have anyone to guard. Gallo is tall enough to force Rudy away from the hoop and his range puts a lot of pressure on Rudy defensively. Fareed is faster and more energetic than Z-Bo and the Nuggets have a ton of big men to throw at Marc. Don't even get me started on how the Grizzlies struggle against Andre Miller. If anything Memphis doesn't matchup well with Denver not the other way around. Then they said no one knows if Randolph and Gay can co-exist! That's the most frustrating thing about national broadcasts. Outside of Hubie Brown no one knows the Grizzlies and they say the most trite and generally wrong things based on a national assumption of the team and not the reality. We expect a lot from announcers thanks to Pete, Brevin, Sean and the rest. The national teams don't know the Grizzlies that well.

Lol I thought the same thing. One thing that irritates the crap out of me is that they still refer MC as MC JR. I know its his name but he has went away from that after his rookie year. Rudy has the worst matchups because Gallo looks quicker than Rudy and Iggy is stronger and quicker than Rudy, yet Rudy should have the advantage according to them.

View Postcostarica2, on 18 December 2012 - 09:06 PM, said:

We should easily win this they don't have a big man and Conley and Tony Allen should stop Monta and Jennings.

Their undersized bigs will may give our frontcourt some trouble. Larry Sanders shot blocking ability is amazing and he can hit midrange jumpers stretching Zbo or Gasol out of the paint. This gives BJennings and Ellis driving lanes. Aside from all that, we should win. They are primarily jumpshooting team, we dominated them the first time we played them

#11 Memphicity Design

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,513 posts
  • Interests:MemphisShirt.com

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

We are 9 point favorites tonight.

#12 GrizzTigerFan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,339 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

Hope Darrell is able to hit his mid-range shoot tonight. He will be a big factor tonight with his hustle and energy. Also looking to see if Lionel goes Full Zoo Crew with the 10 man rotation. We are a terrible match-up for the Bucks so Starters should be able to run out to a good lead and leave more time for Zoo crew to continue building chemistry.

#13 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

View Postchipc3, on 19 December 2012 - 08:44 AM, said:

I remember wondering what homework the announcers did before the Denver game. They talked about how Memphis is a great matchup with Denver. I was thinking the exact opposite. Lawson is faster than Conley and more of a scorer which puts a lot of pressure on Mike to perform. Allen doesn't really have anyone to guard. Gallo is tall enough to force Rudy away from the hoop and his range puts a lot of pressure on Rudy defensively. Fareed is faster and more energetic than Z-Bo and the Nuggets have a ton of big men to throw at Marc. Don't even get me started on how the Grizzlies struggle against Andre Miller. If anything Memphis doesn't matchup well with Denver not the other way around. Then they said no one knows if Randolph and Gay can co-exist! That's the most frustrating thing about national broadcasts. Outside of Hubie Brown no one knows the Grizzlies and they say the most trite and generally wrong things based on a national assumption of the team and not the reality. We expect a lot from announcers thanks to Pete, Brevin, Sean and the rest. The national teams don't know the Grizzlies that well.

so true. Denver is the matchup I would want to avoid early in the playoffs. Just too tall and too long coupled with quick Felton and Corey Brewer off the bench.

49 year old Andre Miller simply eats the Grizzlies up and spits them out and has been doing so for years.

How anyone could say MEM matches up well with DEN surely has no clue what is going on with the Grizzlies.

#14 scooter

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:48 PM

Ellis and Jennings are their primary strength. Stop one or both and imo, we win.

The Bucks are getting Pryzbilla back. At times he has some pretty decent games.

#15 GrizzTigerFan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,339 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

C'mon Marc don't overpass today. Take the easy shots.

#16 GrizzTigerFan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,339 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

Missing bunnies again

#17 TT_Grizz

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts