262 replies to this topic

#1 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,398 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

Benches

Grizzlies Darrell Arthur Jerryd Bayless Wayne Ellington Hamed Haddadi Quincy Pondexter Josh Selby Marreese Speights Tony Wroten

Game Information

Previews: CBS | ESPN | NBA | Yahoo

Stat Comparisons: ESPN | FOX | NBA

Depth: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Referee Assignments: NBA

Live Game Info: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA

Play-By-Plays: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Box Scores: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Shot Charts: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Game Flows: CBS | ESPN | Popcorn Machine

Recaps: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

#2 KoufosSnozz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,827 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:38 AM

Grizz better not lose to this $#!* team.

#3 TT_Grizz

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:39 AM

Z-Bo for 60/40 stat line ;) ;)

#4 dancevan

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:58 AM

Better grab this one cause the next 2 are gonna be tough

#5 Iggy

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,488 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

Conley needs to snap out of his funk. 10 pts and 4 assists on 27% in the last 3 games, and against middle of the pack pg competition.

Actually, our pg play, which has been good for most the season, has struggled in recent games.

#6 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,374 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

I hate having these 4 days between games. Especially after a tough loss.

#7 notnilc20

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

this one will be tough seeing as how we barely beat them at home, but I think we'll come out hungry and blitz them and they won't know what happened

Plus, we'll have TA this time (he sat out when we played them last right?)

#8 oldmanGrizz

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:00 AM

The Suns have lost 7 straight, the owner has given the coach the dreaded 'vote of confidence', and the team is desperate for a win. The Grizz must be very careful Wednesday night. This game has 'loss' written all over it if we give a lackadaisical performance.

#9 BabyDzz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,809 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

Whats up with the Grizzlies having all these days off between the games? And each time they came out playing down to the competition....

#10 DPI Graphics

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

View PostIggy, on 10 December 2012 - 02:17 PM, said:

Conley needs to snap out of his funk. 10 pts and 4 assists on 27% in the last 3 games, and against middle of the pack pg competition. Actually, our pg play, which has been good for most the season, has struggled in recent games.

I would say that JBay should go off on these guys since he's home & he usually does(had 30 his rookie yr in playoffs) but, with the way he has been playing so scared to shoot he wont get enough shots off to get to 10 let alone 30.

#11 Memphicity Design

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,513 posts
  • Interests:MemphisShirt.com

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:45 AM

View PostBabyDzz, on 11 December 2012 - 04:30 PM, said:

Whats up with the Grizzlies having all these days off between the games? And each time they came out playing down to the competition....

I don't know.

Most teams have played 20+ games some have played as many as 24 games. Why is our schedule so stretched?

#12 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,762 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:16 AM

View Postalwilson, on 12 December 2012 - 07:45 AM, said:

I don't know.

Most teams have played 20+ games some have played as many as 24 games. Why is our schedule so stretched?
It will come back in line as the team starts playing a lot more games in a row now. I believe the Grizzlies play 6 games in 8 days over the next few weeks.

#13 jaybyrd

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:56 AM

I don't care who leads us in any statistical category! Whether it be Rudy, Zach, Marc, Mike, Pondexter or whoever I just want us to play good ball and get these W's!!!

#14 costarica2

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,521 posts
  • Interests:Boobs

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

Don't fool around beat them early.

#15 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

well schedule wise, the Grizz have had it easier than most from a "rest" standpoint. The ATL loss was of course the 2nd night of a back to back but ATL was playing one as well so no excuse there.

Now the schedule will get a little tougher "rest" wise. This is what the Spurs have been going thru all season long for whatever reason. They are something like 11-2 on the road this year. Earlier this season they played 6 games in 10 days on the road and won just about all of them. They have played 22 games total to just 18 for MEM.

If the Spurs are a team by which the Grizz measure themselves, then this week will show if the Grizz have matured enough to go win 2 of 3 or even all 3 games of a road trip. The Spurs do it ALL the time. So it starts tonight. We want to win the SW Division?? We have to beat SA and keep up with them.

To go and lose all three of these games coming up or even losing 2 of them and we will find ourselves 2 or 3 games behind and SA isnt going to implode and just come back to us. It will take weeks to make up 2 or 3 games against them, so simply put, we need to start winning on the road. Its not the end of the world if we dont, but we have our sights set higher than simply getting in.

#16 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

View PostoldmanGrizz, on 11 December 2012 - 07:00 AM, said:

The Suns have lost 7 straight, the owner has given the coach the dreaded 'vote of confidence', and the team is desperate for a win. The Grizz must be very careful Wednesday night. This game has 'loss' written all over it if we give a lackadaisical performance.

oh Lord, I didnt realize this and I hadnt heard about the Vote of Confidence. Look for the Suns to be on fire from 3. I really hope we decide to guard the 3 point line tonight.

I am expecting an inspired performance from a desparate team trying to save their coach's job. What great timing for the Grizz to come rolling into town. Ugggggggh!!!

#17 scooter

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

View Postsouthbluffsgrizzfan, on 12 December 2012 - 07:18 PM, said:

oh Lord, I didnt realize this and I hadnt heard about the Vote of Confidence. Look for the Suns to be on fire from 3. I really hope we decide to guard the 3 point line tonight.

I am expecting an inspired performance from a desparate team trying to save their coach's job. What great timing for the Grizz to come rolling into town. Ugggggggh!!!

What the man said^

If the Grizz play at the level they have played in their last 3 games this will be a loss. Have to cut down on our team turnovers. Conley and Gay need to play up to their ability.
Bench has been ineffective. This is a much needed win for the Grizz. Must play focused and hard for ALL 4 QUARTERS!!

#18 liljoshselby

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

ready for some GnG...feels like it has been fooorrreevvvveeerrr!!

#19 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

Pete just said that the Grizz are 16-81 playing in the 3 cities they are playing in on this road trip. Time to flip the script. But this one, heck all of them are going to be hard. All three teams will look at beating the Grizz as a quality win against one of the top 5 teams in the league. There is a small bullseye on our backs right now. It's not as big as teams like the Lakers or Heat, but its growing. We gotta be able to handle that.

#20 TT_Grizz

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

I'm sick of waiting so long for a game! 3, 4 day breaks in between games is not cool.

We gotta come out strong in this game and build a lead, then our bench can't be sloppy when they come on.