Grizzlies & Lakers - 11/23/2012

287 replies to this topic

#21 CarloJ63

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

Well, as much as I hated losing that Denver game.....we needed that. Even Marc Gasol said something to the effect of "we're not good enough to just show up and expect to win". This will be tough...D'Antoni just coached his first game, and they beat a hot Brooklyn Team.

#22 grindforth

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Interests:defense wins chips.

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:55 AM

I can't believe I'm missing this game (I'm at work from 5-10) Hopefully I get let out early to watch the second half

#23 mschnbch

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:15 AM

Send em home cryin!!

#24 BLUEandGOLD

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:25 AM

I hate Kobe and all the so called Laker fans in this town.

GO GRIZ!!!!

#25 Acehigh718

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,256 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:43 AM

I don't care how many boards any individual player pulls down. Well, except maybe Zbo, because he's on my fantasy team. But seriously. With Zach gobbling up everything in sight Marc's not going to rip 10 a night off the glass. Same thing happened to Eddy Curry when he was playing beside Zach; dude got roasted for pulling down what was at the time a great decrease in boards per game from what he did in years prior. Bad example, because Curry was never much of a strong rebounder to begin with, but the sentiment holds. There are only so many boards to be pulled down.

What I'm more worried about our post players boxing out their opponents better. Though, Kenneth Faried can make anybody look like they don't box out.

#26 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:57 AM

Here comes the first of 2 home games against the Lakers this year. I understand they have a following all across the country. I understand that they immediately look at the schedule when it comes out and they save up all their money and pick up all their cans and sell their blood so that they can buy a ticket to the game at FEF.

I understand that they can cheer for who they want, they paid their money, but my God I have never seen such an obnoxious, P.O.S. fan base in all my life. Lakers and winning do go together a lot of the time. Lakers and class simply do not. It completely ruins the game experience at FEF for me when the Laker fans stand up and laugh because someone breathed hard on Kobe and had a foul called on him. The Laker fans know it is BS and they will look at you and laugh and say something obnoxious even though they know they are getting away with "murder" so to speak.

The middle aged ladies screaming "Kobe, that's my baby" whenever he goes to the foul line are just sickening.

It if was just about cheering for one's team, that would be one thing, but Laker fans take it to a level not seen before. No class at all.

#27 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

View PostTT_Grizz, on 20 November 2012 - 09:50 PM, said:

:lol:/> :lol:/> :lol:/> LOL! seriously though Allen better not shoot more than the 2nd best center in the league

TA has got to dial it down on the shooting. There is a reason he finds himself wide open most of the time. Opposing coaches/teams know he absolutely sucks shooting the basketball.

#28 new_skool91

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,618 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

View Postsouthbluffsgrizzfan, on 21 November 2012 - 11:57 AM, said:

Here comes the first of 2 home games against the Lakers this year. I understand they have a following all across the country. I understand that they immediately look at the schedule when it comes out and they save up all their money and pick up all their cans and sell their blood so that they can buy a ticket to the game at FEF. I understand that they can cheer for who they want, they paid their money, but my God I have never seen such an obnoxious, P.O.S. fan base in all my life. Lakers and winning do go together a lot of the time. Lakers and class simply do not. It completely ruins the game experience at FEF for me when the Laker fans stand up and laugh because someone breathed hard on Kobe and had a foul called on him. The Laker fans know it is BS and they will look at you and laugh and say something obnoxious even though they know they are getting away with "murder" so to speak. The middle aged ladies screaming "Kobe, that's my baby" whenever he goes to the foul line are just sickening. It if was just about cheering for one's team, that would be one thing, but Laker fans take it to a level not seen before. No class at all.
These country-*** Kobe Bryant/Lakers fans sat next to me one game last year, annoying and loud and obnoxious as ever. Did I say this was last year? Right at the end of the game one of the dudes stood up and took a picture with a disposable camera. How you gone be loud and country and talk trash all game, then stand up and take a picture with a disposable camera???? I was about to straight roast him, but then I thought, if he's that ig-nent and country, he might have a switchblade on him or something. Plus, WTF was he going to take that camera to get the film developed? I wanted to be like "you must have gotten that camera before you went to jail and while Kobe still had a real hairline" or "develop some class and culture while you're getting that 110 film developed" or "you need to dispose of Kobe's nuts in yo mouth when you dispose of that camera," but I thought better of it.

#29 GrizzedByBluffCity

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,264 posts
  • Interests:** Please DO NOT REPLY to this computer generated e-mail. **

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

The first Grizzlies game I remember going to was in the Pyramid against the Lakers. This crazy old dude next to me just kept yelling "SHAQ DADDY" in rackball voice. oh wait he said "AND1" every time Shaq shot the ball too.

#30 Grizzled Vet

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

I'm trying to look at the ref schedule and guess who we're getting.

I'm guessing not Ken Mauer, Violet Palmer, Tony Brothers, Bennett Salvatore, Marc Davis.

I could see **** Bavetta getting assigned to the game.

#31 scooter

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

Griz lose this game. LA has more talent. Hope to be proved wrong. La 101 Griz 94

#32 The Truth is OUT

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,037 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:09 PM

After a long absence, proud to be back among the living. Oh, and I discovered a little bonus the other day. When I switched to cable from dish, I had no idea FoxSportsSouth was part of the basic package here in KY. Bring on the Grizz games! Time to start another win streak.

#33 CoachHesam

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
  • Interests:3.5% APR

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

:P CLIPS LOST TO OKC :P

#34 Teddy.B

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

Lakers playing now, but will be off till their game with us so both teams will be well rested. They will also have a little more time in-between to go through sets with D'antoni so they will be prepared.

The Grizz have a history for rising their game against quality opponents though(also we r home/kinda) so this is gonna be a clash.(Captain Obvious I know)

Personally I think the BIG frontlines determine the game. Whose frontline wins the rebounding battle and shoots a higher percentage controls the game and gives their team the best chance of winning..........................Go Grizz

#35 Iggy

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,488 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

View Postscooter, on 21 November 2012 - 09:26 PM, said:

Griz lose this game. LA has more talent. Hope to be proved wrong. La 101 Griz 94

Not with Nash hurt (as well as Blake). We're more talented at the 1 and 3, have a better bench, and matchup pretty well if not even at the 4 and 5.

Also, the Lakers are old, and this is their 3rd game in 4 nights, and it's on the road.

#36 Teddy.B

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

Sactown just beat the Lakers.................our turn on Friday.

#37 TheSignatureJF22

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:41 AM

Does anyone else have Comcast? My sports south channel has not been up for a few days now. It's really making me upset. I'll miss the game because of this.

#38 costarica2

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,521 posts
  • Interests:Boobs

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

I don't care about the Lakers is all about us our bench has suck this last two games they have to pick it up.

Also I don't want to see players like Gallo beating us....and yes I'm looking at Rudy play Defense!!!!Rudy!!

#39 Memphicity Design

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts
  • Interests:MemphisShirt.com

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

Geeze... three days off in a row and I am jonesin for some Grizz! Hurry up Friday!

#40 mschnbch

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

View Postsouthbluffsgrizzfan, on 21 November 2012 - 11:57 AM, said:

Here comes the first of 2 home games against the Lakers this year. I understand they have a following all across the country. I understand that they immediately look at the schedule when it comes out and they save up all their money and pick up all their cans and sell their blood so that they can buy a ticket to the game at FEF.

I understand that they can cheer for who they want, they paid their money, but my God I have never seen such an obnoxious, P.O.S. fan base in all my life. Lakers and winning do go together a lot of the time. Lakers and class simply do not. It completely ruins the game experience at FEF for me when the Laker fans stand up and laugh because someone breathed hard on Kobe and had a foul called on him. The Laker fans know it is BS and they will look at you and laugh and say something obnoxious even though they know they are getting away with "murder" so to speak.

The middle aged ladies screaming "Kobe, that's my baby" whenever he goes to the foul line are just sickening.

It if was just about cheering for one's team, that would be one thing, but Laker fans take it to a level not seen before. No class at all.

I get so frustrated. I can't stand listening to the faker fans and their cheering as loud as possible every time Kobe scores. grizz nation and the "grind house" will actually show up and they won't be heard so much. The grind house shouldnt just be when the playoffs are going on or when we play the lakers or heat either. It should be every night. I couldnt believe the crowd monday night and i wasnt really happy with friday against the knicks.

The refs normally screw us on games like these too