272 replies to this topic

#1 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,398 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

Benches

Grizzlies Darrell Arthur Jerryd Bayless Wayne Ellington Hamed Haddadi Quincy Pondexter Josh Selby Marreese Speights Tony Wroten
Rockets Cole Aldrich Daequan Cook Carlos Delfino Toney Douglas Terrence Jones Scott Machado Marcus Morris Donatas Motiejunas Greg Smith Royce White

Game Information

Previews: CBS | ESPN | NBA | Yahoo

Stat Comparisons: ESPN | FOX | NBA

Depth: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Referee Assignments: NBA

Live Game Info: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA

Play-By-Plays: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Box Scores: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Shot Charts: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Game Flows: CBS | ESPN | Popcorn Machine

Recaps: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

#2 BHZMAFIA

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,121 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

I'm still standing by my predictions. Another W. If it was in Houston, it'll probably be a different story.

#3 TheProof

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

Lin, Harden and Parsons have to be contained. We match up well with 'em, yet another game that we need to "take care of business".

If I'm Hollins, I'm playing Harden exactly like I play Durant/Kobe/Kevin Martin. I'd have TA in his pocket all night long.

#4 Wells

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,740 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

View PostTheProof, on 07 November 2012 - 10:14 PM, said:

Lin, Harden and Parsons have to be contained. We match up well with 'em, yet another game that we need to "take care of business".

If I'm Hollins, I'm playing Harden exactly like I play Durant/Kobe/Kevin Martin. I'd have TA in his pocket all night long.
TA and Q-pon on Harden, Mike on Lin, forcing Lin to concentrate on keeping control of the ball, not creating their offense. That is pretty close to the formula Denver used tonight on them (Iggy on the beard, Ty Lawson in Lin's face).

#5 TheProof

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

View PostWells, on 07 November 2012 - 10:41 PM, said:

TA and Q-pon on Harden, Mike on Lin, forcing Lin to concentrate on keeping control of the ball, not creating their offense. That is pretty close to the formula Denver used tonight on them (Iggy on the beard, Ty Lawson in Lin's face).
Seems like the winning combo against them. Add a nice home court advantage, and it should be a Grizz W.

#6 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,374 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:51 AM

I agree with BHZ. If this game were in Houston, I'd probably write it off as a loss, but we can beat ANYONE in the Grindhouse. Harden will be tough to contain, but if there's anyone who can stop him, it's Tony. MC11 will own Linsanity and their front court can't even come close to matching ours. Plus we have the stronger bench. My guess is Grizzlies +10 this game.

#7 BLUEandGOLD

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:42 AM

I agree that Tony needs to stay on Harden; however, Hollins needs to tell him to stay in his face and not gamble in the passing lanes.

GO GRIZZ!!!

#8 KoufosSnozz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,827 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:10 AM

There's been a few criticisms around the web on Harden's ballhandling namely his dribbling. Portland was able to cool off Harden and Denver was able to contain both Lin and Harden. A Lin-Harden backcourt is too shaky and I expect TA and Conley to greatly blunt their effectiveness and put a lot of pressure on them. I think the x-factor to look after is Delfino and I think Asik might prove to be a good challenge to our bigs. Nevertheless, this should be a good win for us because they really don't have anybody that could defend Rudy. Please Rudy come out aggressive early.

#9 Blue Bear

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,227 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:25 AM

View Postlilgregmonroe, on 08 November 2012 - 07:10 AM, said:

There's been a few criticisms around the web on Harden's ballhandling namely his dribbling. Portland was able to cool off Harden and Denver was able to contain both Lin and Harden. A Lin-Harden backcourt is too shaky and I expect TA and Conley to greatly blunt their effectiveness and put a lot of pressure on them. I think the x-factor to look after is Delfino and I think Asik might prove to be a good challenge to our bigs. Nevertheless, this should be a good win for us because they really don't have anybody that could defend Rudy. Please Rudy come out aggressive early.

I am becoming less and less worried about Rudy each game. He seems to have improved his game-plan on offense. He takes much smarter shots and takes advantages over mismatches more than last ever.

#10 Alex I.

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,617 posts
  • Interests:My music, I have an album out on iTunes for all the country fans out there!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:05 AM

Listening to Chris Vernon yesterday and he was talking to TA about this game and said, "Harden is gonna give you the business." TA responded by saying he's going to shut him down.

Look for TA to be foaming at the mouth...

#11 Dwash

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,127 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:24 AM

Harden uses a pick 95% of the time with Houston. So shutting him down is just as much on Z-bo and Marc.

#12 ItIsWhatItIs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,079 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

Rudy Gay needs to be big in this game. Again, he's gonna be defended by guys that have no business being on the same floor talent wise. Having more field goal attempts than points is not gonna it done

#13 Identity Thief

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • Interests:The Ultimate Yes Man

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

Should be a good game. Hope I get to listen to it.

#14 Identity Thief

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:15 AM

View PostItIsWhatItIs, on 08 November 2012 - 10:08 AM, said:

Rudy Gay needs to be big in this game. Again, he's gonna be defended by guys that have no business being on the same floor talent wise. Having more field goal attempts than points is not gonna it done
I just want Rudy to start hitting those threes like he was 2 seasons ago before the shoulder injury.

#15 Father Pat

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,118 posts
  • Interests:The Memphis Grizzlies.

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

View PostMemphis Man, on 08 November 2012 - 10:15 AM, said:

I just want Rudy to start hitting those threes like he was 2 seasons ago before the shoulder injury.
I've noticed that Rudy's outside shots are often different. He can be shooting from the same spot and some will have good arc, while others will look like a Tony Allen clothesline shot.

#16 Dwash

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,127 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

I wish Rudy would just start recognizing when he is open and just catch and fire with no hesistation. When defenders close out of him, nobody ever jumps and goes past him because they know he isn't going to shoot.

#17 Grizzled Vet

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,303 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:36 AM

Hopefullly this is the first step in successfully sweeping the Rockets this year.

#18 GF#1

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,925 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:47 AM

We will need a double digit margin in paint points, here. This is a pesky bunch. Need to get the easy stuff in the lane against their frontline.

10+ margin in paint points along with 10+ steals = 107-100 victory.

#19 Identity Thief

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:55 AM

View PosttheGrizzFan, on 08 November 2012 - 10:25 AM, said:

I've noticed that Rudy's outside shots are often different. He can be shooting from the same spot and some will have good arc, while others will look like a Tony Allen clothesline shot.
He used to put a lot of arc on the shots. I know if he gets that back its over with for most teams that play us. Talk about ultimate spacing with the starting lineup.

Also agree with DWash.

#20 TimBC

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,047 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:38 AM

View PostWells, on 07 November 2012 - 10:41 PM, said:

(Iggy on the beard, Ty Lawson in Lin's face).

Any post that lets you say "Iggy on the beard" is a good post.