Grizzlies @ Warriors - 11/02/2012

229 replies to this topic

#21 notnilc20

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:48 AM

Grizzlies need a win to get over that tough loss in LA. Just gotta watch our transition D and perimeter D. Go Grizzlies!

#22 Grizzled Vet

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:28 PM

MUST WIN!!!

(note only 3 !!! to show the lower must win status)

#23 Timmy_D

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts
  • Interests:The Memphis Grizzlies, Tigers, Graphic Design, Movies most sports

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

Feed the beasts inside and give wroten and selby some time is all I wanna see

#24 new_skool91

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,618 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

It's not going to be a gimme and based on our history of poor mental preparation for games like this, there will be some extremely painful moments in this game, I fear. I think we can pull it out, but if TA admitted that we got lax vs. the Clippers with all that we had to prove vs. them, I see sloppy, lazy, getting down by double digits to a team that we should be able to beat handily again tonight, i.e. basically playing down to the level of the competition. I think we will pull it out though.

#25 Blue Bear

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,227 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

It's good to be back here on the boards supporting another year of Grizzlies basketball.

#26 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

anybody know anything about Darrell Arthur and how his leg is healing? He had an MRI this past Monday. Anybody heard anything? I cant find any news on it.

We need his athleticism and energy.

#27 TheProof

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,740 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

Grizzlies should win. I think David Lee has to be contained though.

Don't let Curry or Thompson get off.

Let Rudy Gay abuse Barnes/Jefferson.

Bench has to step up.

After watching the Suns vs Warriors game, the Warriors are pretty much....the same ol Warriors. We need to school em up and show em the real deal tonight.

#28 Iggy

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,488 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

View Postsouthbluffsgrizzfan, on 02 November 2012 - 05:19 PM, said:

anybody know anything about Darrell Arthur and how his leg is healing? He had an MRI this past Monday. Anybody heard anything? I cant find any news on it.

We need his athleticism and energy.

No, I looked it up and couldn't find a thing

#29 Iggy

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,488 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

Harden already has 25 midway through the 3rd. That trade is looking better and better for the Rockets and worse and worse for the Thunder.

#30 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

View PostIggy, on 02 November 2012 - 07:13 PM, said:

Harden already has 25 midway through the 3rd. That trade is looking better and better for the Rockets and worse and worse for the Thunder.

So glad we drafted Hasheem instead of Harden. I would just get bored watching that beard repeatedly draining 3s or driving to the basket and drawing fouls OR making the correct pass to the open shooter and piling up huge assist numbers.

Yeah, that would get old realy quickly. Hasheem Thabust was the way to go that year.

I know, I know, old news, been there, beat that dead horse. LOL.. It just keeps coming back to me when I see Harden.

They are calling it "Beard-sanity" on the Houston broadcast. Oh Lord.

#31 Memphicity Design

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts
  • Interests:MemphisShirt.com

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

the over/under for this game is 192... seems low to me so I bet the over.

#32 Iggy

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,488 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

View Postsouthbluffsgrizzfan, on 02 November 2012 - 07:22 PM, said:

So glad we drafted Hasheem instead of Harden. I would just get bored watching that beard repeatedly draining 3s or driving to the basket and drawing fouls OR making the correct pass to the open shooter and piling up huge assist numbers.

Yeah, that would get old realy quickly. Hasheem Thabust was the way to go that year.

I know, I know, old news, been there, beat that dead horse. LOL.. It just keeps coming back to me when I see Harden.

They are calling it "Beard-sanity" on the Houston broadcast. Oh Lord.

The Rockets are going to good pretty soon. Harden looks like a superstar (has 42 pts right now). Lin is solid (almost has a triple double tonight). Asik is a very good defensive center - better than Perkins by far. And they got money. Maybe Morey finally figured it out in Houston after trying everything in the book.

#33 Plop Plop Griz Griz

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

View PostIggy, on 02 November 2012 - 07:54 PM, said:

The Rockets are going to good pretty soon. Harden looks like a superstar (has 42 pts right now). Lin is solid (almost has a triple double tonight). Asik is a very good defensive center - better than Perkins by far. And they got money. Maybe Morey finally figured it out in Houston after trying everything in the book.

They won't have that much momey. Lin, Asik, and Harden all got paid. Parsons and Patterson will be due for extentions soon.

#34 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

Good Lord, the Warriors are treating this game like a playoff game. Blue T shirts on all the seats. This is their home opener. We swept them 4-0 last year.

Things just dont appear to be pointing our way tonight. GSW won on the road at PHO in their season opener. Tonight the fans will be crazy. GS always has a great atmosphere at home anyway. Tonight will be nuts.

Oh joy

#35 Iggy

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,488 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

View PostPlop Plop Griz Griz, on 02 November 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

They won't have that much momey. Lin, Asik, and Harden all got paid. Parsons and Patterson will be due for extentions soon.

They'll have money next year. Two years from now, Asik's and Lin's salary jumps from $5mil to $14mil

#36 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

one last thing about the Clippers game. Just leave everything thing the same for the Clippers. They shot 51%. Crawford wore us out for 29 in 30 mins. CP was his normal self--unstoppable in the 4th quarter. Leave all that the same. They earned that.

But my problem is our 38% shooting. Mike was horrible, QPon was 0-4, Zach was 5-15 or something to that effect. Bayless was 1-6 from the field.

As lethal as the Clippers were in the 4th quarter, we scored only 16 pts. Empty possession after empty possession. The game was a winnable game on the road in a playoff team's house.

Take nothing from LAC. They hit their shots, but if the Grizz shoot say 42-43%--nothing earth shattering--just low 40%s and we win the game.
Tonight we simply have to put the ball in the basket and we can win. We just HAVE to be able to shoot. Miss after miss after miss followed by dribbling off a foot and the team psyche suffers and confidence plummets. Got to shoot the ball.tonight.

#37 Iggy

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,488 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

Vasquez with a game-winning shot against the Jazz and a second straight double double. We screwed up that trade

#38 scooter

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

We have to good bench production tonight. If so; we win. If the bench production is as paltry as it was against the Clips; we lose.

Oh yeah; and Conley has to not to stink up the court like he did against the Clips.
That is all....... Over and out.

#39 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

View Postalwilson, on 02 November 2012 - 07:53 PM, said:

the over/under for this game is 192... seems low to me so I bet the over.
what is the over/under for how many time Brevin Knight says the word "partner" to Pete.

Im saying 50. Every other sentence is "well, partner, the Grizzlies have to do....." or "that was a foul parnter." Its gets old. LOL

#40 costarica2

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,521 posts
  • Interests:Boobs

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

No Layups/dunks or open 3s and we should win just stay focus.