24 replies to this topic

#21 El Guapo

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:58 AM

View Postredeye, on 25 August 2012 - 01:54 AM, said:

So when are the Grizzlies leaving? Baskerville Holmes is on the case .. fear not great Memphians....Porperty Taxes will rise and you will be sold a bid of lies.The great team of Memphis ???well it will become another AAA team in the NBA for another city ...GO MONEY...YEA

I guess drunk-posting is better than nobody posting.

#22 TheSignatureJF22

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:18 PM

i really not long ago when someone argued with me saying that team would leave. how stupid does he sound now, and the reason i say how stupid is because he really believe the team would be gone in 3 to 4 years tops, even with the lease.

#23 Blue Bear

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,976 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:51 AM

View PostGranttis, on 22 August 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

^--Like--^

Error "you have reached your quota of likes for the day"

#24 scooter

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:44 PM

View Postredeye, on 25 August 2012 - 01:54 AM, said:

So when are the Grizzlies leaving? Baskerville Holmes is on the case .. fear not great Memphians....Porperty Taxes will rise and you will be sold a bid of lies.The great team of Memphis ???well it will become another AAA team in the NBA for another city ...GO MONEY...YEA

Heidi is alive and well. This post may be a higher grade of manure; but it reeks of skunk oil.

#25 scooter

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:56 PM

View PostUofMark, on 22 August 2012 - 08:47 PM, said:

Tickets sales have been improving anyhow due to winning. For your average John Doe individual game ticket buyer, winning is the best promotion. Where this is really going to help is in the corporate support. Local companies will be much more likely for corporate packages since the Griz roots now go through some of Memphis finer companies and corporate citizens. Maybe the Neely's will shoot a new commercial and dump the one they've run during the telecasts for the past many seasons. "What about Nashville?'

I hope the NBA approves Pera. I take this Pera/local owner partnership as a positive. I just bought season tickets for the first time. I never attended more than 5 to ten games in the past.