32 replies to this topic

#1 CoachHesam

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,061 posts
  • Interests:3.5% APR

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:50 AM

Looking forward to a wild, adventurous season.
I hope you like the videos

-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLDeF5lGhz8[/media]

-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtquulaqWO0[/media]

-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qImNrQs3pIk&feature=fvwrel[/media]

-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo9SxQO7HKE[/media]

-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IdEyqnSOLk[/media]

-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88SsX-3QXFs[/media]

-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrE7-1l-W08[/media]

-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_60otjpucs[/media]

-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I3w_0NHj90[/media]

-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMlzMXU4lvQ[/media]

#2 BeBoutBidness

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:48 AM

Just heard Chris Wallace talk about Hamed and how he has been playing the with his dominate hand injured his entire career here at Memphis. He had surgery to fix his right hand that he injured in a non basketball related accident years ago. He should be better this year with his dominate hand working properly.

#3 new_skool91

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,610 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:14 PM

Health has eluded us so much for years! Here's to health this season.

#4 memphis slim

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,440 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:13 PM

i wish him only the best of luck.
but....sometimes one has to create one's own luck.
if hh were to get into great bball shape....who knows.

you get one shot at this deal.
in 3-4 yrs, it will be too late for him. grab the star while you can.

again, i do only wish him the best.
who knows- maye im tired of the 'feeling sorry' for some of these guys.
put the work in.

slim.

#5 electricvelvet

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:18 PM

Is he no longer with the Grizzlies?

#6 CoachHesam

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,061 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:56 PM

View Postelectricvelvet, on 23 August 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

Is he no longer with the Grizzlies?

He signed with Grizz couple of weeks ago for a low $1.3mil or so. He had his right hand operated on almost 6 weeks ago & the cast should be off by now.

#7 behzadir

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:27 AM

View PostCoachHesam, on 23 August 2012 - 06:56 PM, said:

He signed with Grizz couple of weeks ago for a low $1.3mil or so. He had his right hand operated on almost 6 weeks ago & the cast should be off by now.

He has indeed taken his cast off 3 weeks ago. I think this year we will see the most in shape Hamed ever. He has been working out in LA,Seattle and Memphis since the 11-12 season was done.

Here's the pic of his dominant hand that has undergone a surgery. The day he took the cast off:

http://www.facebook....elevant_count=1

#8 GrizzedByBluffCity

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,157 posts
  • Interests:** Please DO NOT REPLY to this computer generated e-mail. **

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:29 AM

http://instagram.com/p/OrqbIKRKce/

haddadi is pledge allegiance to the grind.

#9 CoachHesam

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,061 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:19 PM

View PostGrizzedByDeath, on 24 August 2012 - 08:29 AM, said:

http://instagram.com/p/OrqbIKRKce/

haddadi is pledge allegiance to the grind.

Hide the benchhhhh, you. The best picture would be to do this under the basket, standing on a chair with back to the basket then defending hamed (and leaving the chair out of picture). I bet it'll confuse lots of people.

#10 Subliminal

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,449 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:04 PM

Oh my gosh if Haddadi can contribute more this season and Zach is the old Zach and we keep Arthur and Speights with Marc too -- hoo boy will will be kicking some serious butt!

#11 smit-tay griz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,114 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:43 PM

View PostSubliminal, on 25 August 2012 - 03:04 PM, said:

Oh my gosh if Haddadi can contribute more this season and Zach is the old Zach and we keep Arthur and Speights with Marc too -- hoo boy will will be kicking some serious butt!
Man, I hope this is the season! If LH can get everyone working on the same sheet of music I think we could really do something.

#12 CoachHesam

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,061 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:47 AM

It's not just being able to "do something", that's easy, but to play like champions & kick butts in the playoffs, now that takes lots of guts & effort, we'll see.

#13 memphis slim

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,440 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:24 PM

coach hesam.....
i just now noticed your picture associated with your posts...
i like a good ole oxymoron as much as the next fella. tip of the hat to you sir.

slim.

#14 CoachHesam

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,061 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:51 PM

View Postmemphis slim, on 16 September 2012 - 02:24 PM, said:

coach hesam.....
i just now noticed your picture associated with your posts...
i like a good ole oxymoron as much as the next fella. tip of the hat to you sir.

slim.

That picture means "What if..." as in "What if HH had the same opportunities Kareem had when he entered NBA" for example playtime, support of the fans, language, confidence, support and trust of the coach and self-confidence that arises from all these. Not many can reach the level of Kareem but I believe any player who is capable of 35ppg and 37ppg in a row against tough opponents(Under full time and trust) has potential & should be trusted to make plays his own way & not put down & pushed aside for every little mistake.
I still 100% believe that we lost the last playoffs because Hollins kept HH mostly out for the first 4 games & kept Cunningham out for 3/4 of final game.
In May 7 game HH got 11 minutes. Gasol got replaced by HH 6:37 left from 3rd quarter score: Clips(57-51)
By 9:31 left from 4th quarter HH got us from 6 point deficit to Grizz(70-69)
Hollins Takes HH out & brings Gasol back at 7:09 left Clips (74-72)
4:50 left from the game, just 2 minutes and 29 seconds after HH was taken out we drop to: Clips(83-74)!
Thanks to Rudy & Conley we rebounded but finally lost 97-101.
You'd think Hollins learned from this!
The next 3 games he gave HH 0-3-6 minutes.

#15 Father Pat

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts
  • Interests:The Memphis Grizzlies.

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:45 PM

View PostCoachHesam, on 17 September 2012 - 02:51 PM, said:

That picture means "What if..." as in "What if HH had the same opportunities Kareem had when he entered NBA" for example playtime, support of the fans, language, confidence, support and trust of the coach and self-confidence that arises from all these. Not many can reach the level of Kareem but I believe any player who is capable of 35ppg and 37ppg in a row against tough opponents(Under full time and trust) has potential & should be trusted to make plays his own way & not put down & pushed aside for every little mistake.
I still 100% believe that we lost the last playoffs because Hollins kept HH mostly out for the first 4 games & kept Cunningham out for 3/4 of final game.
In May 7 game HH got 11 minutes. Gasol got replaced by HH 6:37 left from 3rd quarter score: Clips(57-51)
By 9:31 left from 4th quarter HH got us from 6 point deficit to Grizz(70-69)
Hollins Takes HH out & brings Gasol back at 7:09 left Clips (74-72)
4:50 left from the game, just 2 minutes and 29 seconds after HH was taken out we drop to: Clips(83-74)!
Thanks to Rudy & Conley we rebounded but finally lost 97-101.
You'd think Hollins learned from this!
The next 3 games he gave HH 0-3-6 minutes.
Hesam, I'm saying this as a friend. Enough with the persecution complex. Nobody is holding double H back. He is a professional in a league of professionals. Besides, if HH was in fact being mistreated here his agent would have made sure he got a better deal elsewhere. I'm sure OKC would rather have signed HH instead of Thabeet, just one example of many.
As far as support of the fans, you would be ashamed of yourself for saying that if you attended a game at the FedEx Forum. HH is loved by the fans here, plain and simple. Few players are cheered for as much as HH is when he enters a game.
I understand your fandom of HH, and as any fan of a specific player would, wants him to play more. Just 2 quick facts: HH is not Kareem, and HH is loved by the fans of the Memphis Grizzlies.

#16 scooter

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:11 PM

In all due respect, keeping HH playing time limited, had nothing to do with our losing the playoffs to the Clippers.

#17 CoachHesam

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,061 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:01 AM

View Postscooter, on 17 September 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

In all due respect, keeping HH playing time limited, had nothing to do with our losing the playoffs to the Clippers.

With all due respect it means something when we wipe 7 points deficit as he gets in then there's a 11-point turn around & we fall behind by 9 shortly after he leaves the game. It's not a co-incidence.

#18 CoachHesam

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,061 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:32 AM

View PosttheGrizzFan, on 17 September 2012 - 03:45 PM, said:

Hesam, I'm saying this as a friend. Enough with the persecution complex. Nobody is holding double H back. He is a professional in a league of professionals. Besides, if HH was in fact being mistreated here his agent would have made sure he got a better deal elsewhere. I'm sure OKC would rather have signed HH instead of Thabeet, just one example of many.
As far as support of the fans, you would be ashamed of yourself for saying that if you attended a game at the FedEx Forum. HH is loved by the fans here, plain and simple. Few players are cheered for as much as HH is when he enters a game.
I understand your fandom of HH, and as any fan of a specific player would, wants him to play more. Just 2 quick facts: HH is not Kareem, and HH is loved by the fans of the Memphis Grizzlies.
Ok, lets start from your first issue, "Nobody is holding HH back", in my book if a player with 3-4 years experience in the team gets -0- to 3 minutes per game while a similar, yet way overpaid, player with exactly the same experience minus a few medals gets 35-40 minutes playtime, that is called "Holding back" no matter how Hollins's attitude is justified.

The second issue, mistreatment, not even mentioning the financial mistreatment, paying him $1mil or so while players like Lopez of Phoenix who is worse than Thabeet gets over $4mil, just the emotional prison he's been living in while in Memphis getting used as a bench-warmer after 3 years while he could've had so much potential if he would've been allowed in regularly with decent playtime of 15+ minutes. His agent a none-pro blabbermouth only pretty much takes advantage of his unfamiliarity with the system & NBA market to pocket his commission, Hamed also has said before that he won't play for any European or Asian teams for any money & if he doesn't play for Memphis he'll go back & only play for Iran's national team.

The third issue, fan-support, have you forgotten 3 years ago (& 660 post by me) earlier when 9 out of 10 posts insulted or degraded HH calling him all kinds of names? Remember the "He's a scrub" guy? Sure, after years now the fans know him better & like him but it took way too long before he got the love Marc received the day one!

No, he's not Kareem, but then again No one is! Kareem, Jordan & Chamberlain were in a league of their own a few stories above everybody else. Personally I would bet on him any day against any of current NBA centers other than one or two, given equal conditions.

#19 N I

Mayoneso

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,360 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:54 AM

Who has a few medals less?

Ahhh, why do I bother...

#20 Father Pat

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts
  • Interests:The Memphis Grizzlies.

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:14 AM

View PostCoachHesam, on 18 September 2012 - 01:32 AM, said:

Ok, lets start from your first issue, "Nobody is holding HH back", in my book if a player with 3-4 years experience in the team gets -0- to 3 minutes per game while a similar, yet way overpaid, player with exactly the same experience minus a few medals gets 35-40 minutes playtime, that is called "Holding back" no matter how Hollins's attitude is justified.

The second issue, mistreatment, not even mentioning the financial mistreatment, paying him $1mil or so while players like Lopez of Phoenix who is worse than Thabeet gets over $4mil, just the emotional prison he's been living in while in Memphis getting used as a bench-warmer after 3 years while he could've had so much potential if he would've been allowed in regularly with decent playtime of 15+ minutes. His agent a none-pro blabbermouth only pretty much takes advantage of his unfamiliarity with the system & NBA market to pocket his commission, Hamed also has said before that he won't play for any European or Asian teams for any money & if he doesn't play for Memphis he'll go back & only play for Iran's national team.

The third issue, fan-support, have you forgotten 3 years ago (& 660 post by me) earlier when 9 out of 10 posts insulted or degraded HH calling him all kinds of names? Remember the "He's a scrub" guy? Sure, after years now the fans know him better & like him but it took way too long before he got the love Marc received the day one!

No, he's not Kareem, but then again No one is! Kareem, Jordan & Chamberlain were in a league of their own a few stories above everybody else. Personally I would bet on him any day against any of current NBA centers other than one or two, given equal conditions.
For each of the past two seasons Hamed has been a free agent. He did not have to play for the Grizzlies if he did not want to. If what you say is true, this would make him a simple minded masochist for electing to stay in "the emotional prison he's been living in while in Memphis", as you so eloquently stated. Your words have proven that you are the one hating on HH, not the fans of the Memphis Grizzlies. The shame is on you.