Help Me Help Me Please! Re-Sign Haddadi!

80 replies to this topic

#1 TheSignatureJF22

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:51 AM

Grizzlies Still In Need of a Backup Center http://sbn.to/PSYBn4 via @sbnGrizzlies

#2 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,825 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:30 AM

Grizzlies don't need a backup center. They have Darrell Arthur and Marreese Speights who both are more than capable of backing up Marc Gasol. SB Nation is written by people in New York and not fully in touch with what the team's needs are.

#3 Toumillle

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:06 PM

Hope for no injury among big men.

#4 memphis slim

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,533 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:17 PM

View PostToumillle, on 24 July 2012 - 12:06 PM, said:

we all should hope for that- no doubt.
but, to hope for that because we fail to re-sign hh is a little silly.

he has never come in ready for bball. not in any of the years.
ron-ron reported this am that he is the worst 'practice' player he has ever seen in the league. said its not close.
he also stated that he smokes (cigs) & drinks- he likes to party.
nothing against him for that- me love whiskey, but me no get nba contract either.

i have stood in the crowd and cheered madly when hh would block a shot or dunk/grab a good board.
but, he is what he is. high energy for very, very short spurts.
the stinch of an out-of-shape bball player.

if we do sign him and bring him back- good deal. i'll support him fully.
but, let's not act like he could easily step-in and handle the reins for any extended period of time.

slim.

#5 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,825 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:30 PM

View PostToumillle, on 24 July 2012 - 12:06 PM, said:

If we get down to needing contributions from our 4th center this coming season then the Grizzlies injury problems would have rendered the playoffs out of the question anyway.

#6 GrizzedByBluffCity

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,280 posts
  • Interests:** Please DO NOT REPLY to this computer generated e-mail. **

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:12 PM

after the Miami Heat won the championship this year now everyone had decided they don't need true centers anymore.

#7 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,825 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:26 PM

View PostGrizzedByDeath, on 24 July 2012 - 01:12 PM, said:

after the Miami Heat won the championship this year now everyone had decided they don't need true centers anymore.
How may teams had true centers to start this year? Consider that the team with the best record in the regular season (Chicago for those that didn't know) started Carlos Boozer and Joakim Noah inside, San Antonio had Tim Duncan (a true PF) and DeJuan Blair (6-7 at best) manning that spot, OKC backed up Kendrick Perkins with Nick Collison and Boston played Kevin Garnett, the league had already moved on past traditional big men centers long before Miami won the title.

#8 Guatemala City Grizzlies

Rudy Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:56 PM

View PostGrizzedByDeath, on 24 July 2012 - 01:12 PM, said:

such a blessing for us dude, we'll catch 'em with their skirts down, no team can compete with our bigs,

#9 Cam.

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:02 PM

Looks like you're going to get your wish..

Grizz close to signing HH..

#10 Dwash

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,302 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:16 PM

View Postchipc3, on 24 July 2012 - 01:26 PM, said:

How may teams had true centers to start this year? Consider that the team with the best record in the regular season (Chicago for those that didn't know) started Carlos Boozer and Joakim Noah inside, San Antonio had Tim Duncan (a true PF) and DeJuan Blair (6-7 at best) manning that spot, OKC backed up Kendrick Perkins with Nick Collison and Boston played Kevin Garnett, the league had already moved on past traditional big men centers long before Miami won the title.

When DHoward finally catches on to a team with some good guard help in the next year or so and Miami is forced to put them scrubs back on the court like Anthony and Haslem, they will be toasted. The floor spacing we saw against OKC will be gone and Lebron will go back to being a "choker" (which he is not really) because of it.

#11 SC Grizz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,436 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:30 PM

Didn't you just prove the point that true centers are valuable by referencing Noah and the Bulls???

#12 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,825 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:11 PM

View PostSC Grizz, on 24 July 2012 - 04:30 PM, said:

Didn't you just prove the point that true centers are valuable by referencing Noah and the Bulls???
No because Noah isn't a true center anymore than Speights or Arthur is.

#13 Cam.

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:47 PM

Noah is a 7 foot true center..

#14 GrizzliesIQYO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,802 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:02 PM

I love Hadadi and his effort..but I'd rather a young upside guy that has potential to be good..The Kid from Buffalo was raw but 6'10 with bounce.. Whiteside showed flashes in college, Jerome Jordan could be a good project as well..

YO

#15 grizzknob

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:09 PM

I'm happy to sign Haddadi back, assuming it happens.

We've got 3 natural PFs, all worthy of minutes, but only one real C. I'm sure will roll with Speights or Arthur playing backup C minutes a lot of the time, but it's nice to have the option of bringing Haddadi in if the situation calls for it too. He's proven to be able to be productive in spotty minutes as a 5th big, which is the exact role we have for him again this year.

#16 KoufosSnozz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,838 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:21 PM

If what Slim says is true, then no to HH. Instead of developing his conditioning, he's out there smoking. What a disappointment.

#17 Dwash

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,302 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:36 AM

I would have to say Duncan has been playing center for quite some time. I don't know the reason, but I think his listing as a PF is all a ploy by San Antonio to make him the best PF of all time as he would not be the best center. An inch has been mysteriously shaved off his height since he has entered the league.

Same for Garnett. He is over 7 feet. Reggie Miller and TMAC both said he looks like he is 7'1 or 7'2. Dude is tall. But he wanted to be listed as shorter so teams wouldn't put him at center.

Pau Gasol may be shaved down as well to keep him at PF. I remember him lining up next to 7'2" Jake Tskalidis before a game and Gasol was easily taller. Maybe by as much as 2 inches.

#18 BLUEandGOLD

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:15 AM

View PostDwash, on 25 July 2012 - 10:36 AM, said:

I would have to say Duncan has been playing center for quite some time. I don't know the reason, but I think his listing as a PF is all a ploy by San Antonio to make him the best PF of all time as he would not be the best center. An inch has been mysteriously shaved off his height since he has entered the league.

Same for Garnett. He is over 7 feet. Reggie Miller and TMAC both said he looks like he is 7'1 or 7'2. Dude is tall. But he wanted to be listed as shorter so teams wouldn't put him at center.

Pau Gasol may be shaved down as well to keep him at PF. I remember him lining up next to 7'2" Jake Tskalidis before a game and Gasol was easily taller. Maybe by as much as 2 inches.
Are you saying Pau is easily 7'4"?!?!?!?!

#19 Once_a_hater

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:18 AM

View PostBLUEandGOLD, on 25 July 2012 - 11:15 AM, said:

By the way, Marc is taller than Pau.

#20 Dwash

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,302 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:24 AM

View PostBLUEandGOLD, on 25 July 2012 - 11:15 AM, said:

I don't know. Maybe Tskalidis is overmarked in that case. But Pau was easily taller.