448 replies to this topic

#1 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,398 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:19 PM

Benches

Grizzlies Gilbert ArenasDarrell Arthur Dante Cunningham Hamed Haddadi Lester Hudson O.J. Mayo Jeremy Pargo Quincy Pondexter Marreese Speights Josh Selby
Clippers Chauncey Billups Eric Bledsoe Caron Butler Reggie Evans Ryan Gomes Travis Leslie Kenyon Martin Trey Thompkins Mo Williams Nick Young

Game Information

Previews: CBS | ESPN | NBA | Yahoo

Stat Comparisons: ESPN | FOX | NBA

Depth: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Referee Assignments: NBA

Live Game Info: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA

Play-By-Plays: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Box Scores: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Shot Charts: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Game Flows: CBS | ESPN | Popcorn Machine

Recaps: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

#2 bowdowntothegrizz

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:20 PM

Go Grizz.......

#3 ItIsWhatItIs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,079 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:47 PM

Allen is useless in this series

#4 Minarae

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,154 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:51 PM

must win game!

#5 notnilc20

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:10 AM

Gonna be tough since the Clips must have a tremendous amount of confidence and our guys are probably wondering WTF just happened. Just gotta use last game as motivation to win this one and hope we can steal one in LA too. GO GRIZZ!!

#6 catalina2013

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:11 AM

Grizz will win this game, but it will be close.

#7 Agent Zero

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:50 AM

View Postnotnilc20, on 30 April 2012 - 12:10 AM, said:

Gonna be tough since the Clips must have a tremendous amount of confidence and our guys are probably wondering WTF just happened. Just gotta use last game as motivation to win this one and hope we can steal one in LA too. GO GRIZZ!!

Speaking from my own experience, I've always been most motivated after losing a game in a similar way. So hopefully, it'll be the same with the Grizz.

#8 El Lobo

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:48 AM

View PostItIsWhatItIs, on 29 April 2012 - 11:47 PM, said:

Allen is useless in this series

Z- Bo is helpless; and Hollins is the master of blaming losses like this last debacle on everything but his own coaching mistakes.

#9 soapfoot

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:28 AM

Nothing to do but sack up, play hard, and try to put it behind us. Go Grizz.

#10 BeBoutBidness

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,105 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:29 AM

POed Grizz much better than happy 3point shooting Grizz, Grizzlies win by at least 10 in the next two games, Book it!!!!!!

#11 STS

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:NBA,NFL,MLB,NHL.

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:03 AM

I wasn't even mad that we lost, I was shocked though. If your dominating a team by 26 pts through 3 quarters, your doing something right. The chances of blowing a 26 pt lead is incredibly low. They needed perfect outside shooting and us to lose focus.

#12 Acehigh718

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:16 AM

We were the better team until we took our foot off the gas. By far. And the clippers just got a lot worse. This is still our series to lose, IMO. Rudy gay should run the tables the rest of the series.

#13 Blue Bear

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,227 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:25 AM

View PostSTS, on 30 April 2012 - 08:03 AM, said:

I wasn't even mad that we lost, I was shocked though. If your dominating a team by 26 pts through 3 quarters, your doing something right. The chances of blowing a 26 pt lead is incredibly low. They needed perfect outside shooting and us to lose focus.

I am upset, It's hard to lose a 26 point lead, very. There was a reason this has not happened in over 10 years. The only thing I came away with as a positive outlook is that Caron Butler is out of the series. He is a big piece of their team.

I am not mad at Tony Allen for fouling CP3. CP3 was going to draw a foul in some shape of form. He wasn't letting the ball go until he flopped into a call. Grizzlies just have to learn to play smarter. This was awful.

In the 4th Quarter our players started playing like they sprayed WD-40 on their hands and the Clippers.

#14 ItIsWhatItIs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,079 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:24 AM

Caron Butler sucks, I'd rather have him out there for the Clippers than a 3 guard lineup or Nick Young. Before Butler got hurt he was chucking them out of the game with his one on one iso garbage

#15 STS

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:NBA,NFL,MLB,NHL.

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:02 AM

View PostBlue Bear, on 30 April 2012 - 09:25 AM, said:

I am upset, It's hard to lose a 26 point lead, very. There was a reason this has not happened in over 10 years. The only thing I came away with as a positive outlook is that Caron Butler is out of the series. He is a big piece of their team.

I am not mad at Tony Allen for fouling CP3. CP3 was going to draw a foul in some shape of form. He wasn't letting the ball go until he flopped into a call. Grizzlies just have to learn to play smarter. This was awful.

In the 4th Quarter our players started playing like they sprayed WD-40 on their hands and the Clippers.
I agree that the only way to blow 26 pt lead although it was only 21 in the 4th, is if our guys just stop playing. We play ISO ball to kill some clock almost every play, Zbo and Mo miss some layups. We prob had only 2 good looks the last 8 minutes. Both were Rudy shots. This loss is a season changing game, either we man up and stop all that cheering until we go all the way, or we lay an egg every game the rest of the way. Our guys dominated that game, I admit our 3 point shooting was spot on but all them were inside out plays except for few of OJ's. I dont think Hollins will sit our guys so long this time either. We played great defense on CP3 and Blake. Several of Blake's points were careless turnovers in the 4th when we were up big. Their role players have won them one game. Usually that is as good as they will play the rest of the series. So to summarize, our guys stopped playing, and their role players were balling.

#16 GayDay

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:16 AM

Must win game for the Grizzlies. Go 0 - 2 at home and the series is over.

I like how Hollins indirectly blamed Gay for how he handled the last shot. Gay messed up. If you're down by 1, you shoot early in the clock

1) to get a rebound
2) if the Clips get it, you foul and you STILL have a chance to win or tie.

Poor clock management.

#17 Blue Bear

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,227 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:26 AM

View PostItIsWhatItIs, on 30 April 2012 - 10:24 AM, said:

Caron Butler sucks, I'd rather have him out there for the Clippers than a 3 guard lineup or Nick Young. Before Butler got hurt he was chucking them out of the game with his one on one iso garbage

Caron Butler is a pretty good player not sure what games you been watching. Yeah Nick Young will likely replace his minutes but who will backup Nick Young? He can't play the whole game and be just as effective.

The Grizz need to get back on defense when faced with a 3 guard lineup from LAC. They were getting back on defense the first 3 quarters then after that I don't know what happened. The were getting burned. LAC were taking quick shots and hustling back down court and forcing turnovers.

#18 Mistwell1

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

View PostBlue Bear, on 30 April 2012 - 11:26 AM, said:

Caron Butler is a pretty good player not sure what games you been watching.

[Clippers fan here] This year, he hasn't been pretty good. In fact, if you look at the regular season grades most Clippers fans gave him, it was usually a C-. Nobody wants him injured and it sucks for him that he is injured, but his replacement is about as good as he's been this year, and possibly a tad better (he just couldn't start earlier mostly due to pride and the fact that Butler is paid so much more than him). Butler had a PER of 11.8 this year (and it was actually worse than that for the past few months). By comparison, the closest player on the Grizz to that kind of PER is Quincy Pondexter. Pondexter is a bit worse, but the next closet after him (that actually played most games this year) is Speights, who has a 14.1.

#19 Xerion

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Interests:Sports, women, agriculture, photography, computers

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

Grizzlies 113:89 Clippers

#20 GrizzliesIQYO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,740 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:05 PM

" Three previous teams have lost playoff game when leading by 18+ going to 4th quarter. All advanced to NBA Finals. Two won the NBA title."