Jump to content


Official Grindhouse Playoff 2012 Chants, Ideas, Ect...


77 replies to this topic

#1 Im So 90's Baby

    Starter

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:55 PM

It is never to early to start planning on what we can do to help this team in any way. We owe it to them. If any of you follow the Grizzlies Head Strength and Conditioning coach on twitter coach kelley you can see that even he is a little frustrated at the lack of support from the city overall. He applauds the real fans however.

I dont care what the F happens but when the day GAME 3 comes we all need to be ready. We are going to war with this team. From the beginning it has been One Team One Goal. One City. Last year we rallied. Well if the team keeps saying they have bigger goals and want to take it a step further WE got to take it a step further ourselves. Fans did a hell of a job last year but who says we can't turn it up a notch ourselves. I couldnt make it to the playoffs last year unfortunately BUT you guys were awesome on TV.

I say we set a personal goal to Break the record for loudest in crowd volume. We need to do something that has never been done before to show these Grizzlies how much we appreciate the things they do on the court.

IF you got any type of ideas anything share them here. I assume we will get growel towels and do a white out (i wouldnt mind a light blue out or yellow out either unless it is the Lakers we draw).

One thing I miss about American sports is the lack of TRUE passion during sporting events (mainly the regular season). I know it steps up in the playoffs but we can go farther then any fan base has ever done. Ask Jermey Pargo how crazy European basketball gets. Especially soccer. Seahawks fans are known as the 12th man in the NFL. Why can't we (after being embarrassed year in and year out show the NBA what REAL Grizzlies fans and Memphis basketball is about). Im talking intimidating and nasty. Not throwing cups and cursing just pure in your face deafening crowd volume.

One thing I can think of here in Baltimore the Raven fans (oooohh i hate them nasty but great fan base) after every individual player gets their name called out every in the crowd erupts in a loud SUCKS!!! So it would be like number 10.. eli manning ..SUCKS!!! number 27 brandon jacobs..SUCKS!! and so forth..just a thought. Lets do this right PLAYOFFS 2012. World is supposed to end this year and it will when the Grizzlies win the championship. AINT NO WAY AROUND IT

#2 GTG

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,374 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Memphis

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:06 PM

Maybe a bit predictable, but why not have a "Grit and Grind" chant? I can just imagine 18,119 people chanting that in the closing seconds of a tight game.

#3 Im So 90's Baby

    Starter

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:07 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIQoe3Ssu-g

A
s a ball player you feed off the emotion of the crowd. I tell you what Tony Allen is one of the those players that would feel it right away...he would be so psyched out of his mind...

#4 Grindhouse

    Rookie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:09 PM

View PostGTG, on 19 April 2012 - 10:06 PM, said:

Maybe a bit predictable, but why not have a "Grit and Grind" chant? I can just imagine 18,119 people chanting that in the closing seconds of a tight game.

Maybe our resident poster "GritNGrind" can give us his opinion on this lol

#5 Im So 90's Baby

    Starter

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:11 PM

View PostGTG, on 19 April 2012 - 10:06 PM, said:

Maybe a bit predictable, but why not have a "Grit and Grind" chant? I can just imagine 18,119 people chanting that in the closing seconds of a tight game.

I am down for anything. That is our dang motto. One side yells GRIT and then the other side follows with GRIND...GRIT.GRIND.GRIT.GRIND.GRIT. GRIND. Seeing who can be louder then the other.

I Am just so hyped and feel bad for the players we need to do something. And I mean everybody! No matter how old you are! How embarrassed you may be put your pride aside and do it for them!

#6 GTG

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,374 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Memphis

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

By the way, does anyone here happen to know Rick Trotter? It would be awesome if he could help us get some chants going.

The PA announcer has more control over the energy in the building than some may think.

#7 Im So 90's Baby

    Starter

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:19 PM

I actually have been talking to him on twitter recently. I will do my best to let him know. We can give him any ideas. His twitter is @RickTrotter I also tried telling ChrisVernon to spread the word but no response. We got about a week and half to get the Grindhouse geared up and ready to live up to his name.

We are the dang Grizzlies afterall!!!!! YOU DONT COME INTO THE BEARS CAVE

#8 Im So 90's Baby

    Starter

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:29 PM

If you read this thread and dont post any ideas or want to get involved then YOU DONT BLEED BEALE STREET BLUE.. all im saying..

Who cares how stupid it may sound look how stupid I sound when I get Grizz fever but I dont care I am putting my pride aside and when EVERYONE is ALL IN. THAT..THAT is when you win a championship.

Anything but the overused BEAT LA chant.

#9 GritNGrind

    Starter

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

View PostGrindhouse, on 19 April 2012 - 10:09 PM, said:

Maybe our resident poster "GritNGrind" can give us his opinion on this lol
lol

View PostIm So 90's Baby, on 19 April 2012 - 09:55 PM, said:

It is never to early to start planning on what we can do to help this team in any way. We owe it to them. If any of you follow the Grizzlies Head Strength and Conditioning coach on twitter coach kelley you can see that even he is a little frustrated at the lack of support from the city overall. He applauds the real fans however.

I dont care what the F happens but when the day GAME 3 comes we all need to be ready. We are going to war with this team. From the beginning it has been One Team One Goal. One City. Last year we rallied. Well if the team keeps saying they have bigger goals and want to take it a step further WE got to take it a step further ourselves. Fans did a hell of a job last year but who says we can't turn it up a notch ourselves. I couldnt make it to the playoffs last year unfortunately BUT you guys were awesome on TV.

I say we set a personal goal to Break the record for loudest in crowd volume. We need to do something that has never been done before to show these Grizzlies how much we appreciate the things they do on the court.

IF you got any type of ideas anything share them here. I assume we will get growel towels and do a white out (i wouldnt mind a light blue out or yellow out either unless it is the Lakers we draw).

One thing I miss about American sports is the lack of TRUE passion during sporting events (mainly the regular season). I know it steps up in the playoffs but we can go farther then any fan base has ever done. Ask Jermey Pargo how crazy European basketball gets. Especially soccer. Seahawks fans are known as the 12th man in the NFL. Why can't we (after being embarrassed year in and year out show the NBA what REAL Grizzlies fans and Memphis basketball is about). Im talking intimidating and nasty. Not throwing cups and cursing just pure in your face deafening crowd volume.

One thing I can think of here in Baltimore the Raven fans (oooohh i hate them nasty but great fan base) after every individual player gets their name called out every in the crowd erupts in a loud SUCKS!!! So it would be like number 10.. eli manning ..SUCKS!!! number 27 brandon jacobs..SUCKS!! and so forth..just a thought. Lets do this right PLAYOFFS 2012. World is supposed to end this year and it will when the Grizzlies win the championship. AINT NO WAY AROUND IT

Something like this would be cool. I've always thought "BOOing" just pumps them up even more and makes them think they're more than they are. At least your idea (or Baltimore's) would be funny. lol

I agree that someone with some "pull" would have to organize these things.

#10 Im So 90's Baby

    Starter

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:00 PM

Before I go to bed here is one more idea:

First off here is the entire game day 3 for everyone who wants to remember and you get a feel of what we are about to get into!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci6239AyF-w&feature=related

I
f we get the Clippers first round. I THINK we should just straight up Pay them no respect while Rick Trotter is announcing the Clippers everyone in the crowd just chants OVERRATED OVERRATED OVERRATED all the way through ..not even boo just chant loud and clear OVERRATED even when Trotter is talking. Like this but much better and louder!! : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnRRe8inSOk

L
astly here is what I was talking about the "Sucks" chant. You can hear the crowd chant sucks after every name. In the first video of game 3 game day you can see Rick Trotter leaves plenty of time to add a SUCKS after Blake Griffin or Chris Paul. I dont know if that is classless but I dont give a crap this is the playoffs baby!

Alright enough of me tonight lets get it. Come on people

#11 lilojmayo

    2nd Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:usa

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:42 PM

OJ Mayo clap clap clap OJ Mayo clap clap

These playoffs are going to be his let me be a franchise player coming out party.

#12 GTG

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,374 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Memphis

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:08 AM

View Postlilojmayo, on 19 April 2012 - 11:42 PM, said:

OJ Mayo clap clap clap OJ Mayo clap clap

These playoffs are going to be his let me be a franchise player coming out party.
Have you ever even attended a Grizzlies home game?

#13 catalina2013

    Starter

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 608 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Oceanside, CA

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:42 AM

View PostIm So 90's Baby, on 19 April 2012 - 10:11 PM, said:

I am down for anything. That is our dang motto. One side yells GRIT and then the other side follows with GRIND...GRIT.GRIND.GRIT.GRIND.GRIT. GRIND. Seeing who can be louder then the other.

I Am just so hyped and feel bad for the players we need to do something. And I mean everybody! No matter how old you are! How embarrassed you may be put your pride aside and do it for them!


I like this. Grit-Grind GRiT-Grind Grit-Grind

#14 notnilc20

    2nd Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Southaven

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:10 AM

when CP or BG flops...just chant "FLOP-PER!!! FLOP-PER!!"

Kinda like the "Air-ball" chant.....

Might not sound too intimidating but it will get the attention of the announcers and possibly put in the highlights.

#15 jtown fan

    2nd Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:221B Baker Street

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:44 AM

i loved the into they reused this year against dallas...where grizz put the sledgehammer throught the tv....
would like to see something like that...along the "hollywood" lines and the acting they do...cp3 flopper..show highlights like that...if you even can...

go grizz

oh, and to im so 90's baby...do you REALLY want TA psyched out of his mind??? is anyone really ready for that?

#16 Identity Thief

    2nd Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Blues City
  • Interests:The Ultimate Yes Man

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:57 AM

View PostIm So 90's Baby, on 19 April 2012 - 10:11 PM, said:

I am down for anything. That is our dang motto. One side yells GRIT and then the other side follows with GRIND...GRIT.GRIND.GRIT.GRIND.GRIT. GRIND. Seeing who can be louder then the other.

I Am just so hyped and feel bad for the players we need to do something. And I mean everybody! No matter how old you are! How embarrassed you may be put your pride aside and do it for them!
I LOVE IT> GET THAT OUT TO VERNON AND HASSELETINE RIGHT NOW!

Left Side: GRIT!
Right Side:GRIND!

Just thinking about that pumps me up!!!!!

Im also up for the player SUCK! intro.

#17 Identity Thief

    2nd Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Blues City
  • Interests:The Ultimate Yes Man

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:00 AM

I also think that when the intro video comes out for the player introduction that at the end is should say Welcome.....To the Grindhouse. (Bear Growl)

There should be at least one person in the crowd with a HUGE poster of a helicopter with CP3 face on the front of it.

Fun times baby!

#18 Identity Thief

    2nd Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Blues City
  • Interests:The Ultimate Yes Man

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:04 AM

I got one. Instead of playoff white tees laying out for the game the shirts should say "Welcome to the grindhouse."

#19 Rev. Banshee

    2nd Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Arlington, Tn

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:09 AM

View PostIm So 90's Baby, on 19 April 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

If you read this thread and dont post any ideas or want to get involved then YOU DONT BLEED BEALE STREET BLUE.. all im saying..

Who cares how stupid it may sound look how stupid I sound when I get Grizz fever but I dont care I am putting my pride aside and when EVERYONE is ALL IN. THAT..THAT is when you win a championship.

Anything but the overused BEAT LA chant.

I hate the Beat LA chant. Chants should be about support for your team. Posters are for making fun of the other team or players.

#20 BeBoutBidness

    1st Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Memphis, 10nessee

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:41 AM

If Rudy plays like he has been playing or better in the playoffs I'd like to hear the "Rudy" chant like the movie.