I Think We Need To Face The Facts: Zbo Isn't Going To Beast Mode Any Time Soon.

50 replies to this topic

#41 GritNGrind

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:33 AM

View Postalwilson, on 15 April 2012 - 09:51 PM, said:

I want to go on record now and say: ZBO will be starting in the playoffs and he WILL be in "BEAST MODE" !!!!!

If i am wrong than you can all send me a plate of crow.

AMEN brother.....at least somebody has a litte faith! I'm with you.

#42 memphis slim

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,504 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:01 AM

zbo is just fighting mentally, and, frankly, is losing right now.

i think he'll be alright come time.
the key is gasol. we have to have good news today sports fans.

slim.

#43 Dwash

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,127 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:41 AM

Maybe Gasol missing a few games is a good thing. Get Zbo back in the lineup and get him involved. Plus Hollins doesn't have to swallow his pride and give in to what Zbo wants.

Cause I really know attitude when I see it. Z-bo standing on the three point line while Rudy is fighting in the paint. The way he grabbed his two offensive rebounds and instead of looking to score one-on-one, he did a pitch out to Rudy and/or OJ. It was the way he did it. It wasn't a normal pass out, but an underhand pitch like to say "here, you shoot it, yall been shooting everything else and I'm out the way" They were very suttle messages, but that was attitude last night. Nothing less.

And frankly, I don't blame him. Hollins has let Rudy and OJ have too much reign. We need one to always be aggressive, but not both. It should be Zbo and Rudy as the one-two.

#44 GrizzedByBluffCity

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,229 posts
  • Interests:** Please DO NOT REPLY to this computer generated e-mail. **

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:44 AM

If that fact you insist me to face, I decline

#45 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,760 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:48 AM

Maybe Gasol's sore knee will help Z-Bo step into the void and regain his role on the team.

#46 TimBC

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,047 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:49 AM

View PostGTG, on 15 April 2012 - 01:55 PM, said:

there's just too much drama on this website.

You've come a long way in just a year. You used to BE the drama ;)

#47 Southern Dreadz

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts
  • Interests:I dunno...how does your momma look? She might interest me.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:56 AM

View PostTimBC, on 16 April 2012 - 09:49 AM, said:

You've come a long way in just a year. You used to BE the drama ;)

:D :D

#48 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:29 PM

View PostDwash, on 16 April 2012 - 07:41 AM, said:

Maybe Gasol missing a few games is a good thing. Get Zbo back in the lineup and get him involved. Plus Hollins doesn't have to swallow his pride and give in to what Zbo wants.

Cause I really know attitude when I see it. Z-bo standing on the three point line while Rudy is fighting in the paint. The way he grabbed his two offensive rebounds and instead of looking to score one-on-one, he did a pitch out to Rudy and/or OJ. It was the way he did it. It wasn't a normal pass out, but an underhand pitch like to say "here, you shoot it, yall been shooting everything else and I'm out the way" They were very suttle messages, but that was attitude last night. Nothing less.

And frankly, I don't blame him. Hollins has let Rudy and OJ have too much reign. We need one to always be aggressive, but not both. It should be Zbo and Rudy as the one-two.
Well that jives with what Grizz beat writer Ron Ron Tillery said. He said Zach's actions on the court and his "non aggressive, I will just get out of y'all's way" attitude last night was deliberate--Ron's term not mine.

It appears Lionel has a chemistry problem if this is true. and this is not the time for that.

To be honest, we need to win our last 6 and NOT limp into the playoffs. I know Marc will rest some but the caliber of competition should allow for us to win provided we play well--not lights out great, but just play well. Last night we play awful and if we do that again, we will get beat again.

I believe that Zach has watched how OJ got moved to the bench last year and is now permanently entrenched there. I completely believe that Zach is determined for that not to happen to him. He hears and see the pressers with Lionel where Lionel says how much he likes Zach coming off the bench. The way Zach may see it is that if he starts to kick arse and take names, it will prove Lionel right and he will be entrenched on the bench just like Juice.

Zach has heard the thinking that if Speights doesnt start, he fades into the woodwork so Lionel continues to start him. Well Zach starts to think, if I start to fade into the woodwork, maybe I will get my starting job back.

This has the potential to be a real problem. But since Marc is out for a bit, Zach needs to start. It doesnt look like Lionel is giving into him BUT Zach needs to produce. He needs to be aggressive and he needs to play well. If he does, its a win win proposition.

Zach as a focal point and in the starting lineup is a proven playoff winning combination. Speights starting and Zach coming off the bench is not.

#49 Once_a_hater

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,852 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:41 PM

View Postchipc3, on 16 April 2012 - 07:48 AM, said:

Maybe Gasol's sore knee will help Z-Bo step into the void and regain his role on the team.

Maybe, I'm all over optimist, Gasol will be a day to day Zbo wil get into the start lineup and OJ will get back on track (was just a off game), Rudy will continue to show another level of game and we will be dangerous on the playoffs. Mark it.

#50 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,760 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:16 PM

View PostSimple_Like_That, on 16 April 2012 - 08:41 PM, said:

Maybe, I'm all over optimist, Gasol will be a day to day Zbo wil get into the start lineup and OJ will get back on track (was just a off game), Rudy will continue to show another level of game and we will be dangerous on the playoffs. Mark it.

Posted Image

#51 Dwash

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,127 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

View Postsouthbluffsgrizzfan, on 16 April 2012 - 08:29 PM, said:

Zach has heard the thinking that if Speights doesnt start, he fades into the woodwork so Lionel continues to start him. Well Zach starts to think, if I start to fade into the woodwork, maybe I will get my starting job back.

This has the potential to be a real problem. But since Marc is out for a bit, Zach needs to start. It doesnt look like Lionel is giving into him BUT Zach needs to produce. He needs to be aggressive and he needs to play well. If he does, its a win win proposition.

Zach as a focal point and in the starting lineup is a proven playoff winning combination. Speights starting and Zach coming off the bench is not.

I agree that Speights probably won't be the best bench player, which is why I like Darrell Arthur for the bench role in the long run. Maresse is talented, but he is such a low energy guy at times and somewhat lethargic. Coming off the bench requires instant energy. You don't get to feast off cheap points that are available from wide open jumpers and tip ins that happen at the beginning of the game because everybody hasn't warmed up yet and gotten into it. You have to come in ready to go and fire because the game is already moving. You also have to have the ability to stay consistent with limited opportunities at times. I don't see that from Speights. This may be another discussion, but one thing about DA is that he was ready to go as soon as he stepped on the court.

But you just don't abandon the core of the team to adapt to one borderline starter. Zach hasn't done anything to lose his status as the heart of the team, yet Hollins won't give him his role back. I understand Zbo's frustration.