Grizzlies Playoff Tickets

12 replies to this topic

#1 BnaBreaker

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:35 PM

Sorry to start a new thread about this, because I have a feeling I'm the only person that doesn't know the answer to this question. But does anyone know when Grizz playoff tickets go on sale? As crazy as it is, I've never had the opportunity to go to a Grizzlies home game. So this year, I was hoping to take the bus down there and make it to a playoff game. But first, I have to get tickets!

#2 Granttis

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts
  • Interests:Salmon & Mashed Potatoes

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

I imagine they'll be advertising it soon. I just got something in the mail about my playoff tickets. Last year they allowed season ticket holders to purchase playoff tix prior to the public with a password. I wouldn't mind giving you the password when they give it to us season ticket holders.

#3 Rev. Banshee

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:16 PM

View PostGranttis, on 14 April 2012 - 07:07 PM, said:

I imagine they'll be advertising it soon. I just got something in the mail about my playoff tickets. Last year they allowed season ticket holders to purchase playoff tix prior to the public with a password. I wouldn't mind giving you the password when they give it to us season ticket holders.

From my understanding in order to combat the scalpers buying lots of tickets you can only get as many seats as you have season tickets during the presale.

#4 BnaBreaker

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:27 PM

View PostGranttis, on 14 April 2012 - 07:07 PM, said:

That's really kind of you brotha...I appreciate it...I wouldn't want to risk hampering your ability to get tickets though, if that's possible...

#5 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,374 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:03 PM

Someone please correct me it I'm wrong, but I think teams need to wait until they clinch before offering Playoff tickets. Obviously season ticket holders get first dibs, then I believe people on the Grizzlies mailing list get a pre-sale, and then tickets go on sale to the general public.

#6 Rev. Banshee

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:10 PM

View PostGTG, on 14 April 2012 - 09:03 PM, said:

Someone please correct me it I'm wrong, but I think teams need to wait until they clinch before offering Playoff tickets. Obviously season ticket holders get first dibs, then I believe people on the Grizzlies mailing list get a pre-sale, and then tickets go on sale to the general public.

Not necessarily. They can not sale to the general public until they clinch. As a new season ticket holder I can buy tickets for the first round now.

#7 Father Pat

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,121 posts
  • Interests:The Memphis Grizzlies.

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

A mass mailing sent out by Dennis O'Connor, VP ticket sales & service, told season ticket holders that if they did not renew by April 19th, they would not have seats for the playoffs. Many have called their individual ticket reps and the half dozen or so season ticket holders that I have talked to have said that their reps told them they could still get playoff tickets if they paid for the first two rounds of the playoffs up front before the 19th.

#8 Granttis

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:40 PM

View PostBnaBreaker, on 14 April 2012 - 08:27 PM, said:

That's really kind of you brotha...I appreciate it...I wouldn't want to risk hampering your ability to get tickets though, if that's possible...
I beleive that it's a password that anyone could theoretically put in they wouldn't know who is purchasing the tickets. I'll find out though.

#9 rockygriz

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:33 AM

They can't pin down dates till the seeds are set. They can't print tickets till the teams are set.

#10 Minarae

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:02 AM

I remember last year, the FO started selling tickets prior to clinching.

It's like they knew we were gonna make it.
*conspiracy Keanu passes by*

#11 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,774 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:01 PM

What if a team doesn't clinch until the final day of the season? Are they supposed to fill their arenas with less than a week to prepare for the playoffs? I don't think so. Teams are eligible to sell playoff tickets prior to clinching but in case the tickets are unused the team has to compensate the fans with interest on the deposits.

#12 kboyar

2nd Team

• Fan Advisory Board
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:12 PM

I already purchased an extra pair of tickets for the playoffs. The only limit that was put in place was to limit the extra tickets to the same number of seats in the MVP account.

#13 Granttis

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:26 PM

Has y'all's ticket rep told y'all how to buy playoff tix? I still don't know what to do.