9 replies to this topic

#1 clreed87

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:TCU, Grizzies, Tigers

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:17 PM

Been noticing lately that things are starting to happen that make it feel like its playoff time again. More national coverage, packed Grind House, and of course beating playoff caliber teams.

I'm ready for the playoffs to get here.

http://www.deepfried...-fever-returns/

#2 jetfixer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,507 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:28 PM

Yes indeed. Good times for sure.

#3 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,819 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:55 PM

I hope the crowds continue to come out now that the big name teams are done until the playoffs. I couldn't believe the Utah Jazz game didn't sell out the Forum since it was such a big game. I am very worried about the support not being strong enough in Memphis. The team has to start consistently selling out games not just for the Lakers and Heat.

#4 GrizzedByBluffCity

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,275 posts
  • Interests:** Please DO NOT REPLY to this computer generated e-mail. **

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:17 PM

I am bringing a group of 6 to next Saturday's game and at least 2 of us to Monday's against Cleveland. These will likely be my only Grizz games to see in person this year so I am ultra hyped. I can't wait to visit Memphis this weekend although the weather up here today is something you read about in books - the warmest Boston Marathon since 1985.

#5 Mtownballer

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, Music, Sports, Guitars, Grizzlies, Titans

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

View Postchipc3, on 16 April 2012 - 01:55 PM, said:

I hope the crowds continue to come out now that the big name teams are done until the playoffs. I couldn't believe the Utah Jazz game didn't sell out the Forum since it was such a big game. I am very worried about the support not being strong enough in Memphis. The team has to start consistently selling out games not just for the Lakers and Heat.

Well tell the Forum to lower the prices and we might lol. Most fans have to get in the nosebleeds.

#6 BHZMAFIA

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,215 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:07 PM

View PostMtownballer, on 16 April 2012 - 02:19 PM, said:

Well tell the Forum to lower the prices and we might lol. Most fans have to get in the nosebleeds.

The prices are low. Probably the lowest in the league. And you can always go on stubhub to find tickets even cheaper.

#7 Cam.

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:09 PM

The grizz have the lowest ticket prices in the league. That's not an excuse.

#8 Trybanski Time

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:17 PM

View Postchipc3, on 16 April 2012 - 01:55 PM, said:

Agree... I've renewed my tickets for next season. But, more fans and local businesses need to do their part now. Our team has earned the support. Unfortunately, that support is not coming very quickly. I don't want to think about Memphis losing the Grizzlies, but it could become a reality one day.

#9 Granttis

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,031 posts
  • Interests:Salmon & Mashed Potatoes

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

Seriously??? Please, PLEASE go look at other prices around the league.

And that's not even true. The lower bowl generally is pretty full, it's the nosebleeds where nobody sits on empty nights.

#10 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,375 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:50 PM

There is NO way Memphians can use ticket prices as an excuse for not going to games. We literally have dirt cheap prices compared to other teams.

I think the cheapest lower level tickets from the box office are around $50-$60. That is quite reasonable. And if you buy tickets second hand, you can often get into the lower bowl for around $20.

Heck, our courtside tickets are only around $250. Try and see how far $250 would get you at a Lakers, Heat, Clippers, Celtics, etc. game.