Reports said so.

31 replies to this topic

#21 Cam.

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:10 PM

6 shots for the big fella and he didn't look happy when Rudy didn't give him the ball in the post.

#22 Skrilla Steve

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

Well, he did start the second half of tonight's game. Do you guys think this is like the "first step" in him becoming a full time starter again?

#23 Minarae

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,204 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:33 PM

Personally, I want him to come off the bench.

Mo will become Slaw-Mo again if Z-bo becomes the starting PF.

But, either way im ok with whatever. lol

#24 catalina2013

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:41 PM

View PostTip City, on 14 April 2012 - 10:33 PM, said:

Personally, I want him to come off the bench.

Mo will become Slaw-Mo again if Z-bo becomes the starting PF.

But, either way im ok with whatever. lol

Yep. Just keep winning baby!

#25 Cam.

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:49 PM

Would anybody trade Z-Bo for Thomas Robinson plus a player?

#26 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,375 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:01 AM

View PostCam., on 14 April 2012 - 11:49 PM, said:

Would anybody trade Z-Bo for Thomas Robinson plus a player?
Who in the world is Thomas Robinson?

I wouldn't trade Zbo for someone I've never heard of...

#27 rockygriz

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:13 AM

....Reports say....

Reporters report. Players play. Coaches coach. We're in good hands.

#28 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,659 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:45 AM

View PostGTG, on 15 April 2012 - 12:01 AM, said:

Who in the world is Thomas Robinson?

I wouldn't trade Zbo for someone I've never heard of...
Robinson is a junior at Kansas who is coming out early. He is something like 6-10. He is ready built for the NBA with a great powerful body. He has a lot of upside potential. Will probably go in top 5 players in the lottery.

He is also a good kid. You should Google him and read about how he is taking care of his little sister since his mom and grandmother I think have passed. Anyway, its a nice story, and he is a really good player and a good kid.

#29 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,659 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:55 AM

View PostSkrilla Steve, on 14 April 2012 - 10:20 PM, said:

Well, he did start the second half of tonight's game. Do you guys think this is like the "first step" in him becoming a full time starter again?
Yes, I posted more or less the same earlier. If Mo Speights is ineffective like he was last night, it will expedite Zbo getting back with the starters.

It is a tough call, because when Zach is with the starters, it seems that Mo just fades the woodwork. Its like if he cant start, Speights seems to be rendered ineffective for the whole game. That is troubling to me. We cant just start somebody because his feelings are hurt if he comes off the bench. We need Speights badly in the post season. His 6-10 frame and his ability to fill up the basket when he is rolling makes us extremely dangerous.

i think Zach is getting closer. Even though he scored only 10 pts or so last night, I could see flashes of the old Zbo. He was banging and liking the contact he was getting in the paint. He looked good to me. He just needs to be able to pass out of the double team quickly and to the right man like last year.

Theoretically, Zach coming off the bench with OJ and Gilbert appears to be the best for the team. It makes our 2nd unit potentially lethal. The spacing is better for Zach with that grouping. And Speights can continue to do what he has been doing all year, but if Speights gets taken out of his game by the ratcheted up defense, Zach is going to have to step in and take over the 4 spot

#30 new_skool91

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,618 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:07 AM

He ought to be "unhappy" that he is coming off the bench because that in and of itself means that he is not maximally contributing to the team, especially after such a promising start to the season. Should he be starting? Nope - he had a shot and clearly that wasn't in the better interest of the team. I'm sure he's frustrated with not finding his groove yet, but he'll be aiight. If he is frustrated, he should pour that into continuing to work hard, because when he comes into the game, if he just does what he does, he will still earn minutes, still impact the game and can still be a leading game changer. Clearly, though, he is only 50-60% at this point, and timing is something that just takes time to get back, in addition to the fact that the team has had to adopt a completely different style in his absence. Hollins said that we might not see him again until next year. I don't think that we will see dominant inside out again until that time.

#31 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,659 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:11 AM

View PostCam., on 14 April 2012 - 10:10 PM, said:

6 shots for the big fella and he didn't look happy when Rudy didn't give him the ball in the post.
I think they need to concentrate a little more on getting him some touches. He is getting closer but needs more touches. Zach will pass it if he is doubled.

He had 7/6 last night and that seems pretty mediocre, but I saw him banging as he backed his man back toward the goal. He got his moves going as he got either Millsap or Favors up in the air and he went up under and laid it over the rim so softly.
I think Lionel should continue to give Zach more mins with the 1st unit over the final games so they can develop a rhyhum ASAP. its going to be critical in the post season that they all can play together.

#32 rockygriz

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:15 AM

I expect the team to be tough through the playoffs. It should be an interesting off season. There's another big winner in there somewhere for 2012-2013. Mostly with what we have. Certainly with some changes and surprises.

Let's enjoy the rest of 2011-2012.