#1 Minarae

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:10 PM

Article from NBA.com

Zach Randolph, Memphis Grizzlies

A year ago, Randolph hungrily attacked the playoffs like they were a plate of dry-rub ribs at the Rendezvous in Memphis, chewing up virtually any defender who tried to get in his path as the main man in the Grizzlies' attack. Now that he's come back off the shelf after 2 ½ months with a knee injury, Z-Bo has been moved to the second unit by coach Lionel Hollins. The Grizzlies are 1-6 with Randolph in the starting lineup this season and are now 9-3 since he began coming off the bench on March 25.

Hollins has made the case correctly to Z-Bo that he is much more valuable to his team paired with O.J. Mayo and Gilbert Arenas on the second unit. But despite his public comments saying he is on board with the decision, the word is that Randolph is unhappy, if not seething, at the perceived demotion and a playoff loss or two could rip open a hole in the hull of the S.S. Grizzlies.

Are there really reports of Z-bo being unhappy with his role right now?
Or is this another BS being brewed up by the media?

#2 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,359 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:20 PM

My first impression? It's the media just trying to create a controversy that isn't there.

"The WORD is that Randolph is unhappy, if not seething, at the perceived demotion". Translation: we have no credible source (if any) to varify or even support this but we're going to publish it anyways.

Terrible "journalism".

#3 Minarae

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:23 PM

This is like the "Rudy Gay is not a fit for Memphis, so trade him to make another team better" rumors before.

SMH, scumbag media. :angry:

#4 Cam.

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

Z-Bo is unhappy..

#5 Herodotus

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:15 PM

I sort of doubt this, but if Zbo is unhappy with his current role, he needs to look in the mirror ask himself whether he cares more about winning or starting. We may have stood a better chance of winning against SA without him; Speights was playing great, was instrumental in our comeback. Randolph, so far, just isn't back to where he was yet, and we have a much more talented and deep front line that we did this time last season. If he wants his starting role and minutes back, he needs to get better and prove it instead of complaining about it (if that is, indeed, true).

#6 realgfan

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

Zach is a team player but you can tell from interviews that he wants to start, I honestly think if Zach isn't starting in the playoffs he would get real agitated by the situation and start playing like crap. I do like Zach coming off the bench because he's coming back from an injury, with Mayo Gilbert and Zach coming off the bench we are a dangerous team.

#7 El Guapo

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:05 PM

This is how a story gets legs.

#8 TheProof

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

LMAO @ "The word is..."

That has got to be the worst journalism I've seen in a while. Didn't state a source or anything.

#9 ItIsWhatItIs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,725 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

he probably mad that nobody passes him the ball anymore

#10 Iggy

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,488 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:11 PM

According to the CA, Zbo just wants to win. Those are his words. So I don't think this is a real story. But I wouldn't be surprised if he's upset about not getting more touches and shots. Of course, as Herod noted, he needs to look in the mirror before calling out anyone else (not that he's doing that). He's just not a force right now. Hopefully, the team can get him more involved in the next 8 games against weaker opponents, and he can regain his mojo.

#11 notnilc20

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:38 AM

It probably went down like this:
Zach: "I'd like to eventually get back in the starting line up when I get healthy".
Reporter: "So you're unsatisfied right now with your situation not being able to play 100%".
Zach: "Yeah.....I'd like to get things back the way they were".

HEADLINE " ZACH UNHAPPY COMING OFF THE BENCH!!!!! "

Journalism at its finest.

#12 fanboyslim

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:18 AM

Posted Image

#13 Subliminal

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,449 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:21 AM

My dad told me Zach alluded to this in a post-game interview about 2 weeks ago. I told him nobody mentioned it on the forum, so I didn't believe it.

#14 Memphicity Design

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,410 posts
  • Interests:MemphisShirt.com

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:22 AM

look to end all rumors ....... I just spoke with Zach,,

he cares more about this team thany any other team he's played for.!

#15 GrizzliesIQYO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:45 AM

I think it is time to start Zach..His minutes are too low if he is healthy..

YO

#16 realgfan

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:33 AM

With all these sorry opponents coming up, we might as well start him and see what he looks like healthy in the starting line up.

#17 Notorious O.D.K.

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,683 posts
  • Interests:Grizzlies, Redskins, Tigers and Vols!!!!!!!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:25 AM

View PostTip City, on 13 April 2012 - 06:10 PM, said:

Article from NBA.com

Are there really reports of Z-bo being unhappy with his role right now?
Or is this another BS being brewed up by the media?

"I don't believe you/you need more people!!!"

I doubt if there is any validity to this story so I'm not even going to speculate. I will say this, after tonight the Grizz have a relatively easy slate. I mean the 2 best teams we have to play are missing their stars for the rest of the season and Minny may not have K-Love. It could be a time to experiment with getting Z-Bo back into the starting lineup but quite honestly imo, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

#18 Rev. Banshee

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:31 AM

This is old news. When he was asked if he wanted to be the starter he replied that he would like to get back into the starting lineup when healthy. The issue isn't so much If Z-bo starts or comes off the bench. It is that Mo isn't effective at all when he comes off the bench.

#19 GrizzedByBluffCity

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,157 posts
  • Interests:** Please DO NOT REPLY to this computer generated e-mail. **

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:38 AM

if he's mad then I know he will try to play better and it can only be good for us in the grand scheme of things. if we do lose playoff games like the first 2 in a row you know the first thing they will do is switch up the starters - perhaps starting OJ and ZBO. OJ started 2games last year in the playoffs remember.

#20 Grizzled Vet

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,093 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:37 PM

There isn't an NBA player around that would prefer being on the bench rather than on the floor when the game starts. All players want to start, and play more minutes.

I don't think LH has an issue starting Zach or playing Zach 38 minutes a game if Zach helps the team win when he's doing that. As of now, Zach's play hasn't made a strong enough case to take minutes from Speights or anyone else.

This is why I don't think the Grizz take their foot off the gas pedal the last few games. ZBo needs minutes.