146 replies to this topic

#141 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,359 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:44 AM

View PostB-MORE Grizzfan 92', on 15 April 2012 - 06:46 AM, said:

first off I was just putting that in there as a joke i guess you just decided to block the rest of my post outta your mind
Come on man, you edited-in the rest of that post later. With just the "hate hate hate hate..." portion, it could be easily misinterpreted.

Even if you were just joking though, there are posters around here who legitimately call you a "hater" if you say anything remotely critical about Mayo.

#142 Once_a_hater

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,416 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:53 AM

View PostGTG, on 15 April 2012 - 10:44 AM, said:

Come on man, you edited-in the rest of that post later. With just the "hate hate hate hate..." portion, it could be easily misinterpreted.

Even if you were just joking though, there are posters around here who legitimately call you a "hater" if you say anything remotely critical about Mayo.

If this is for me I can tell you that you are a hater, you try to found arguments to bash the guy and give a 10 line post to say how he is inconsistent but when it come to give him props you say OJ was big last night. I don't care, but my point on my last post was, besides in his 1st season the offense was never run trought OJ...never. This is the 1st season that LH allowed Oj to hande the ball and even that he regret sometimes... OJ was playing great handle it and running the offense trought him than LH start to use him only in the screens and let Arenas run the offense... Yesterday LH made that sometime but when he adjust to the pick and roll OJ went on fire and then after that doesn't matter he start to hit everything.

#143 KoufosSnozz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:55 AM

View PostGTG, on 17 February 2012 - 11:17 PM, said:

I think his performance tonight (while good) only further confirms my previous statements regarding his inconsistency on the offensive end. OJ has some remarkable potential, and we've seen it at times, but more often than not, it is only displayed for a few games before he falls into one of his classic slumps.

To be quite honest, I think someone who could bring 5-10 points CONSISTANTLY would be more valuable to the team than someone who brings 15-20 points one night, then 1-5 the next, so on and so on.
So GTG, you would rather have a guy who could score 5-10 points consistently rather than OJ Mayo? The last time he scored below 5 was two months ago against Utah. You're so down on him it probably wouldn't matter to you if he's a Top 6-8 scorer off the bench, that he averages more points than Manu Ginobili or that he's averaged 15.33 points this month vs. Harden's 12.875. The truth is that he's not just buying into his role, he's turning into one of the best in the business. He's one of our main perimeter threats, he's one of the most creative passers on the team and a very good perimeter defender. You constantly crown him with the title of most inconsistent offensive player on the team when Speights is even way more inconsistent. I know you'll keep waiting until Mayo has a bad game just to prove your point, but who doesn't have bad games? Since you posted this, he has quietly proven you wrong.

#144 Once_a_hater

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,416 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:57 AM

View PostItIsWhatItIs, on 14 April 2012 - 08:32 PM, said:

This is why I completely disagree with people who say it's better to replace with a guy who gives you 10 points every night or that he isn't worth bringing back unless he's making peanuts. Mayo has won countless games for the Grizzlies just this year, he has the ability to take over games and has proven this throughout the season

I think I already quote this post yesterday but this is just the truth find a shooter that can give you 10 pts every game and we would loose the Kings, GSW, Lakers, Jazz, OKC, ... we can't let him go... just because even when is not that good he is bringuing way more than score. That's my point.

#145 KoufosSnozz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:59 AM

LOL! I've said very harsh things about players, even Mayo especially earlier in the season. So far, it's only you whose been tagged a Mayo hater. You just don't realize it. You're the one making outlandish claims and epic fail statements.

#146 Once_a_hater

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,416 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:59 AM

View Postlilgregmonroe, on 15 April 2012 - 10:55 AM, said:

So GTG, you would rather have a guy who could score 5-10 points consistently rather than OJ Mayo? The last time he scored below 5 was two months ago against Utah. You're so down on him it probably wouldn't matter to you if he's a Top 6-8 scorer off the bench, that he averages more points than Manu Ginobili or that he's averaged 15.33 points this month vs. Harden's 12.875. The truth is that he's not just buying into his role, he's turning into one of the best in the business. He's one of our main perimeter threats, he's one of the most creative passers on the team and a very good perimeter defender. You constantly crown him with the title of most inconsistent offensive player on the team when Speights is even way more inconsistent. I know you'll keep waiting until Mayo has a bad game just to prove your point, but who doesn't have bad games? Since you posted this, he has quietly proven you wrong.

Forget about it... is a lost case. But if OJ ever go...he will not be a Kobe, MJ, Wade or someone else...he will be OJ, and man I can't tell that this is for sure scary good.

#147 B-MORE Grizzfan 92'

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:06 AM

LMAO it's whatever man even though the 2nd part of the post was def in there from the moment I posted it.