We Will Win The Nba This Year

66 replies to this topic

#1 Reisen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,015 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:40 AM

I really believe we will win the championship, this team is amazing and i have high expectations to make the finals and win the first ring this year

Mad ?

#2 El Guapo

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:17 AM

Welcome back Reisen.

#3 jetfixer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,506 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:26 AM

I'll say this....we are good enough to make it to the finals, but we could also play bad and be out quick.

#4 Reisen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,015 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:41 AM

View PostEl Guapo, on 10 April 2012 - 05:17 AM, said:

Welcome back Reisen.

Long time off the boards !! ;)

#5 Notorious O.D.K.

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Grizzlies, Redskins, Tigers and Vols!!!!!!!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:42 AM

View Postjetfixer, on 10 April 2012 - 05:26 AM, said:

I'll say this....we are good enough to make it to the finals, but we could also play bad and be out quick.

I agree with this. We still have to make the playoffs. With all of this winning we are still only 3.5 games ahead of the 9th place team. Sure we've won 8 out of 10 but so have the Clips and the Rockets are right on our tail, having won 4 straight and 7 out of 10.

I'll put it this way. I would not be surprised if we did win the championship, but I wouldn't be surprised if we got knocked out of the first round either, assuming we make the playoffs cause one little stumble at this time in the season could prove costly.

#6 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,819 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:54 AM

I think six teams could win it all out of the West. Memphis is one of those teams but they will have to Grit and Grind to do it.

Go Grizzlies.

#7 P. K.

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:58 AM

View PostNotorious O.D.K., on 10 April 2012 - 05:42 AM, said:

I agree with this. We still have to make the playoffs. With all of this winning we are still only 3.5 games ahead of the 9th place team. Sure we've won 8 out of 10 but so have the Clips and the Rockets are right on our tail, having won 4 straight and 7 out of 10.

I'll put it this way. I would not be surprised if we did win the championship, but I wouldn't be surprised if we got knocked out of the first round either, assuming we make the playoffs cause one little stumble at this time in the season could prove costly.
Very wise statement. We can't let up just because our schedule is going to get lighter. We've got to grind it out every night because we can get to 3rd place with the same effort.

#8 Subliminal

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:04 AM

We were 99% to make playoffs before clip game according to hollingers playoff calculator thing, just sayin..

#9 Subliminal

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:04 AM

View PostReisen, on 10 April 2012 - 04:40 AM, said:

Mad ?

;D

#10 ArkansasGrizz

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:55 PM

I agree with Chip there is so much talent in the West right now any one of these top six teams have a good shot at winning the title this year. I don't think anyone out of the East can beat the west in the finals, period

#11 thunderfan

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:59 PM

I think Miami wins it this year. I like your confidence, but I don't think Memphis has a great chance of winning it this season.

#12 Subliminal

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:59 PM

As much as I think we can win this year there is a lot of luck and chance involved when the competition is so close. Optimistic as ever though!

#13 thunderfan

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:03 PM

It's not that Memphis can't go out and torch a Miami, SA, or OKC on any given night, but these 7 games series are a different animal.

#14 ArkansasGrizz

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:03 PM

I'm going to have to disagree i would be VERY surprised if Miami wins it i just dont think having "the big three" and scrubs is going to cut it come playoff time, but we'll see

#15 Southern Dreadz

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts
  • Interests:I dunno...how does your momma look? She might interest me.

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:27 PM

View Postthunderfan, on 10 April 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

It's not that Memphis can't go out and torch a Miami, SA, or OKC on any given night, but these 7 games series are a different animal.

It is so hard to trust the Association.

Memphis could (should) very well make it to the Finals but then find that the thumb is on the scale for Miami. Miami so much more marketable as a locale and with the star power that it is hard to see the Association granting them the championship this year.

To me it is all about the steps. Last year the team was one game away from the WCF. A good next step (for both the team AND the Association) is to meet OKC again this time in the WCF. It would suck but the Thunder would win that series to face the Heat. The Heat takes the championship in 6 Next year the Griz will come back reloadedeveryone healthy and push for a top 2 seed in the West, setting up the first trip to the Finals to face the Heat. Probably would lose (again the Association would have thumbs on the scale) but setting up going back the following season (2013-2014) and winning it all. Then the team would get blown up a la the Florida Marlins.

The instal gratification method would mean getting to the Finals this year and loosing to the Heat in 7, and then coming back next year with home court and winning in 5.

#16 Subliminal

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:27 PM

View Postthunderfan, on 10 April 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

You do remember last year, right?

#17 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,375 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:29 PM

View Postthunderfan, on 10 April 2012 - 01:59 PM, said:

I think Miami wins it this year. I like your confidence, but I don't think Memphis has a great chance of winning it this season.
Nobody thought we had a chance of winning the San Antonio series last season, or taking OKC to 7 games. Heck, a lot of people counted us out this year when Randolph got injured the first week of the season. Don't underestimate the Grizzlies.

We may not have the superstar power of Miami, OKC, LAC, LAL, etc., but we are an incredibly well rounded team. Our defense is arguably the best in the league and our offense has been improved with the return of Zbo + the addition of Arenas.

I think the Grizzlies could really be a dark horse this season. A Chamionship is more likely than some may think.

#18 Subliminal

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

View PostSouthern Dreadz, on 10 April 2012 - 02:27 PM, said:

It is so hard to trust the Association.

Memphis could (should) very well make it to the Finals but then find that the thumb is on the scale for Miami. Miami so much more marketable as a locale and with the star power that it is hard to see the Association granting them the championship this year.

To me it is all about the steps. Last year the team was one game away from the WCF. A good next step (for both the team AND the Association) is to meet OKC again this time in the WCF. It would suck but the Thunder would win that series to face the Heat. The Heat takes the championship in 6 Next year the Griz will come back reloadedeveryone healthy and push for a top 2 seed in the West, setting up the first trip to the Finals to face the Heat. Probably would lose (again the Association would have thumbs on the scale) but setting up going back the following season (2013-2014) and winning it all. Then the team would get blown up a la the Florida Marlins.

The instal gratification method would mean getting to the Finals this year and loosing to the Heat in 7, and then coming back next year with home court and winning in 5.

So basically you are saying the nba is rigged to the point where it pretty much picks the winner of each series? And I'm not saying I disagree with you necessarily...

#19 thunderfan

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

I think all of this talk that "The Association" has their thumb on certain teams and that it's all rigged, etc is 98% horse hockey. Am I saying that there's never been any under the table nonsense or wrongdoing that has impacted the outcome of games? No, but I think that's usually talk reserved for teams, or fans of teams, who can't seem to win and conjure up these dilluisional conspiracy theories on why their team didn't win. If Memphis wins the title this year, what are you going to say when someone comes out and says - well the Association gave them the title for x, y, or z reason? Memphis didn't deserve that, the Association had them pegged to win it this year. If you really feel that way, then I'd encourage you to just quit watching the NBA.

#20 thunderfan

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:38 PM

View PostSubliminal, on 10 April 2012 - 02:27 PM, said:

You do remember last year, right?

Yes, I remember. I just think Miami has too many weapons for Memphis to handle in a 7 game series - if it were to come down to those 2 teams.