Jump to content


Pick Eleven: Final Destination

Last Prognostication Thread

65 replies to this topic

Poll: Pick Eleven (21 member(s) have cast votes)

At the end of this set, the Grizzlies record for the set will be...

  1. 10 - 1 or better. (7 votes [33.33%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 33.33%

  2. 9 - 2. (6 votes [28.57%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 28.57%

  3. 8 - 3. (4 votes [19.05%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 19.05%

  4. 7 - 4. (4 votes [19.05%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 19.05%

  5. 6 - 5. (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  6. 5 - 6. (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  7. 4 - 7. (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  8. 3 - 8. (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  9. 2 - 9. (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  10. 1 - 10 or worse. (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

For fun, the Grizzlies will be what seed in the playoffs?

  1. 1 (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  2. 2 (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  3. 3 (4 votes [19.05%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 19.05%

  4. 4 (12 votes [57.14%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 57.14%

  5. 5 (5 votes [23.81%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 23.81%

  6. 6 (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  7. 7 (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  8. 8 (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  9. Lottery Bound (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Wells

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,846 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Memphis

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:44 PM

Final set, and the Grizzlies need to solidify their standing in the Western Conference. This set starts out tough, but them gets a lot easier as we finally get the rest of those bottom feeding Eastern conference teams, as well as two against the cellar dweller Hornets. With seven of this set at the Grindhouse, it looks like the league may be smiling on the Grizz as the season winds down. For the Pick'Em Game of this set, I've selected the game against the Cavs, as it is our last nationally televised game prior to the playoffs. Let's kick this pig!

04/09 v. Clippers - Win. Clippers have caught us trying to adjust our lineups for new players in both preceding games, both played at Staples. This time, we are ready for them. Sorry, Blake, go eat some Subway with Elmo.

04/11 v. Suns - Win. Again, every previous meeting has been while the Grizzlies were adjusting and on the road for the Grizzlies. This time, Steve Nash is in our house, so no go.

04/12 @ Spurs - Loss. I want to do another homer pick like I did against the Thunder, but something tells me not to pick against the new number one seed in the Western Conference. Spurs are just playing great ball right now, so, on the second night of a back-to-back, on the road, I'm not picking against them.

04/14 v. Utah - Win. Our house, our rules. No soup for you, Al Jefferson! Next!

04/15 @ Hornets - Win. This second night of a back-to-back on the road I can pick for the Grizzlies. Sorry, Greivis, but we need this one.

04/17 @ Timberwolves - Win. Kevin Love hasn't beat the Grizzlies since David Kahn traded Al Jefferson. Streak continues.

04/18 v. Hornets - Win. Grindhouse special, roasted Hornets! Bonus biology trivia fact: Did you know that the thick pelts of bears prevent bees from getting through the fur to sting them, which is why bears are one of the few animals that eat honey? Grizzlies are immune to Hornet stingers!

04/20 @ Bobcats - Win. Last year, the Grizzlies played flat in an empty Charlotte Coliseum following a snowstorm. It's April, so no such excuse this time. Dante Cunningham gets to show Michael Jordan what he let leave.

04/21 v. Trail Blazers - Win. See explanations for 04/09 & 04/11. This is the third iteration of that in this set.

04/23 v. Cavaliers - Win. Kyrie Irving comes to town, but the Grizz are ready for him. Welcome to the Grind, rook! Grizz score 101.

04/26 v. Magic - Loss. I actually think we are better than the Magic, but I think we will be resting some folks (Marc, Mike, Rudy) come this game, as our seed will be pretty much sewn up, while I think Orlando will be in a dogfight trying to not have to face either the Heat or the Bulls. They will need this game more than we do.

All right, final total, Grizzlies go 9 - 2, scoring 101 in the Cavs game. I'll put a side pick on the #3 seed at this point as well. Bring your best shot, ladies & gentlemen!

#2 Once_a_hater

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,874 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brasil

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:57 PM

04/09 v. Clippers - Loss.
04/11 v. Suns - Win.
04/12 @ Spurs - Win.
04/14 v. Utah - Loss.
04/15 @ Hornets - Win.
04/17 @ Timberwolves - Win.
04/18 v. Hornets - Win.
04/20 @ Bobcats - Win.
04/21 v. Trail Blazers - Win.
04/23 v. Cavaliers - Win.
04/26 v. Magic - Win.

I say 9-2 I would love if we could get the 3th seed as well but I don't know if we get it.

#3 catalina2013

    Starter

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 608 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Oceanside, CA

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:37 PM

4/09 v. Clips L
4/11 v. Suns W
4/12 @ SAS L
4/14 v Jazz W
4/15 @ NOLA L
4/15 @ Minny W
4/16 v NOLA W
4/20 @ Cats W
4/21 v Blazers W
4/23 v Cavs W
4/26 v ORL W

8-3
97 points Cavs
5th seed

I know 6 W's in a row is heady, and I kind of agree with Wells about Grizz resting their players. But, so might the Magic.

#4 KoufosSnozz

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,837 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:09 AM

10-1 with a loss to Kevin Love and T-Pups. 96 against the Cavs.

#5 SNAUZ

    Starter

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Horn Lake, MS

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:49 AM

8-3 Lose at SAS & MIN plus feel HEAT will pull out tight revenge game here.

We will beat CAV & score 106

#6 Wells

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,846 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Memphis

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:20 AM

View PostSNAUZ, on 07 April 2012 - 09:49 AM, said:

8-3 Lose at SAS & MIN plus feel HEAT will pull out tight revenge game here.

We will beat CAV & score 106
SNAUZ, we don't play the Heat again. So who gets revenge?

#7 nivek

    Starter

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 559 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Naples FL(raised in MEM)

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:19 AM

Cavs game 112 pts

#8 STS

    2nd Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Murfreesboro
  • Interests:NBA,NFL,MLB,NHL.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:16 PM

W vs Clippers: I don't see the guys laying an egg like last time. After being embarrassed last game, I think we come out to make a statement.

W vs Suns: I don't know why we couldnt beat this team earlier this year. I say our 1st unit vs theirs will be a push and the 2nd unit will score enough when Nash steps out the game.

W vs Spurs: Like the Clips game, No way our guys will be swept by division rivals. Z-Bo looks to be almost back and will be rejuvenated when he regains the feeling he had last playoffs when he whip the Spurs.

W vs Jazz: Again, we havent beaten this team yet and for anybody, it is hard to sweep season series.

L vs Hornets: One of those games we try to coast after a nice winning streak to start off. Hornets play everyone tough though despite their record. Plus they're at home.

W vs Wolves: Their winning ways disappeared when Rubio got injured. Love's hot streak has cooled off. Unless he goes for 40 or so, they wont beat us.

W vs Hornets: Hornets have to play perfect to beat us. They also have a known Grizzlies killer but i dont think he plays as many minutes now.

W vs Bobcats: Just no excuse to lose this game. I can't find any reason why they even have a chance unless our guys don't show up at all... literally.

W vs Blazers: Finally at home vs Portland. Their hopes of making the playoffs are slim but they will battle. Just wont happen at our house.

W v Cavs: Kyrie Irving is one of the better rookies i have ever seen. Even if he doesnt play, they match up well with us. They have athletic bigs and defensive SF. Jamison will be trouble. I know Kyrie has been nursing an injury and their in full tank mode. But, we are at home with playoff seedings to battle for. (97)

W v Magic: Since the Van Gundy and Howard implosion, there is no way these guys are in sync with each other. Even if we rest they guys, our 2nd unit can hold their own against a dysfunctional team.

We will either finished 4th or 5th, making us matchup with the Clippers either way. Also being 4th or 5th will we face the winner of the 1 vs 8 seed. The Spurs and Thunder are fighting for the 1st seed to play against Denver or Houston. Houston will be a tough out for either of those teams. This Denver team might be tough on the Thunder too. The way the Thunder turn the ball over, I dont see how they can go deep into the playoffs.

#9 KoufosSnozz

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,837 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:09 PM

View PostSTS, on 07 April 2012 - 03:16 PM, said:

W vs Clippers: I don't see the guys laying an egg like last time. After being embarrassed last game, I think we come out to make a statement.

W vs Suns: I don't know why we couldnt beat this team earlier this year. I say our 1st unit vs theirs will be a push and the 2nd unit will score enough when Nash steps out the game.

W vs Spurs: Like the Clips game, No way our guys will be swept by division rivals. Z-Bo looks to be almost back and will be rejuvenated when he regains the feeling he had last playoffs when he whip the Spurs.

W vs Jazz: Again, we havent beaten this team yet and for anybody, it is hard to sweep season series.

L vs Hornets: One of those games we try to coast after a nice winning streak to start off. Hornets play everyone tough though despite their record. Plus they're at home.

W vs Wolves: Their winning ways disappeared when Rubio got injured. Love's hot streak has cooled off. Unless he goes for 40 or so, they wont beat us.

W vs Hornets: Hornets have to play perfect to beat us. They also have a known Grizzlies killer but i dont think he plays as many minutes now.

W vs Bobcats: Just no excuse to lose this game. I can't find any reason why they even have a chance unless our guys don't show up at all... literally.

W vs Blazers: Finally at home vs Portland. Their hopes of making the playoffs are slim but they will battle. Just wont happen at our house.

W v Cavs: Kyrie Irving is one of the better rookies i have ever seen. Even if he doesnt play, they match up well with us. They have athletic bigs and defensive SF. Jamison will be trouble. I know Kyrie has been nursing an injury and their in full tank mode. But, we are at home with playoff seedings to battle for. (97)

W v Magic: Since the Van Gundy and Howard implosion, there is no way these guys are in sync with each other. Even if we rest they guys, our 2nd unit can hold their own against a dysfunctional team.

We will either finished 4th or 5th, making us matchup with the Clippers either way. Also being 4th or 5th will we face the winner of the 1 vs 8 seed. The Spurs and Thunder are fighting for the 1st seed to play against Denver or Houston. Houston will be a tough out for either of those teams. This Denver team might be tough on the Thunder too. The way the Thunder turn the ball over, I dont see how they can go deep into the playoffs.
I picked 10-1 because I thought no one else would have been foolish enough to pick it. :)

#10 STS

    2nd Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Murfreesboro
  • Interests:NBA,NFL,MLB,NHL.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:53 PM

View Postlilgregmonroe, on 07 April 2012 - 11:09 PM, said:

I picked 10-1 because I thought no one else would have been foolish enough to pick it. :)
Lol. Honestly, I picked 9-2 but as I went down the list and did my summaries, I could only find 1 lost. Go big or go home. lol

#11 southbluffsgrizzfan

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Downtown Memphis

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:32 AM

Clippers W--Get ready for Randy Foye and a bunch of 3 point shots, I mean a ton of 3point attempts

Suns W--Steve Nash is like 49 years old and still is great, but surely we can get 1 game off them this year.

@Spurs L--Sometimes you just got to be realistic. Spurs are HOT. We CAN beat them but not this game.

Utah W--should have won the game in Utah. Opie Hayward lit Rudy up in the 2nd game. We get this one.

@NOLA L--I know this may shock folks, but I see a loss here. NOLA plays hard. They have pride.

@Minny W--Minny is a shell of the team they were when Rubio was playing. I think they are done.

NOLA W--Got to win the home games we are supposed to win.

@CHAR W--I would say trap game and all that but there is just no way we can lose to Charlotte.

POR W--again, surely we can beat Portland 1 time this year.

CLE W--we have to take care of our home court, (99 points)

ORL W--I am assuming both teams play the game like a normal game. No way to predict who will be resting or hurt or anything like that, so I assume we are playing a normal home game.

***The above predictions come out to 9-2. That would put Memphis at 41-25 for the season. While I do think we are worthy of that kind of record, I just dont seen us going 9-2 over the last 11. That wouldnt be the Grizzly way :D We have to stub our toe somewhere along the way, so I say 8-3, 99 pts against Cleveland.

#12 chipc3

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,819 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Memphis
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:07 AM

4/09 v. Clips L
4/11 v. Suns W
4/12 @ SAS L
4/14 v Jazz W
4/15 @ NOLA W
4/15 @ Minny W
4/16 v NOLA W
4/20 @ Cats W
4/21 v Blazers W
4/23 v Cavs W
4/26 v ORL W

#13 SNAUZ

    Starter

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Horn Lake, MS

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:45 AM

View PostWells, on 07 April 2012 - 10:20 AM, said:

SNAUZ, we don't play the Heat again. So who gets revenge?

Woops, sure missed that.

Guess I'll still go with my 8-3 with no particular reasoning

We will finished in 4th and host the clippers..

#14 Southern Dreadz

    1st Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Mem-10
  • Interests:I dunno...how does your momma look? She might interest me.

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

v. Clips W
v. Suns W
@ SAS L
v Jazz W
@ NOLA W
@ Minny W
v NOLA W
@ Cats W
v Blazers W
v Cavs W 105
v ORL W

If ZBo was powered up to full beast mode then it hard to see a lost in this stretch. :D

#15 Granttis

    Champion

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,031 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Memphis
  • Interests:Salmon & Mashed Potatoes

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:49 PM

4/09 v. Clips W
4/11 v. Suns W
4/12 @ SAS W
4/14 v Jazz W
4/15 @ NOLA W
4/15 @ Minny W
4/16 v NOLA W
4/20 @ Cats L
4/21 v Blazers W
4/23 v Cavs L
4/26 v ORL W
I don't see a loss but I'm going 9-2 like many others.

89 points against the Cavs in a strange loss.

#16 GTG

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,375 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Memphis

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:05 PM

10-1 with the only loss @SAS. 107 points against the Cavs.

4th seed. :)

#17 Subliminal

    1st Team

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Denver via Atl via Knoxville via raised in the M

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:51 PM

11-0 105 cavs
3rd seed
;)



#18 Wells

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,846 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Memphis

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:39 PM

View PostSubliminal, on 08 April 2012 - 05:51 PM, said:

11-0 105 cavs
3rd seed
;)
I like this prediction!!

#19 costarica2

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,522 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:miami
  • Interests:Boobs

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:04 PM

Cipps W
Suns L(they got our number)
SAS W
Jazz Loss(Rudy sucks vs them)
NOLA W
MinnyW
nOLA W
Cats W
Blazers W
Cavs W 102
Oralndo W

9 and 2 and finish hot and ready for the payoffs.

#20 BHZMAFIA

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,214 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Memphis

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

4/09 v. Clips W
4/11 v. Suns W
4/12 @ SAS W
4/14 v Jazz W
4/15 @ NOLA W
4/15 @ Minny L
4/16 v NOLA W
4/20 @ Cats W
4/21 v Blazers W
4/23 v Cavs W
4/26 v ORL L

9-2

I don't see those next 4 teams sweeping us in the season series.
102 points Cavs
3rd seed