SG Allen
PG Conley

Team 2

C Hadadi
PF Randolph
SF Cunningham/Pondexter
SG OJ Mayo/Arenas
PG Pargo/Selby

As shown by the win over the Lakers, even the Bulls, OKC or Heat cannot beat us if we play Randolph with the second team.

This was what's missing in last season's playoffs. We did not have a bench.

Now, with a bench who can score 41 points, we can beat anyone.

#2 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,795 posts
  • Interests:GRIZZLIES, golf, soccer, women

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:35 AM

No Mayo? I remember O J having a pretty nice game last night.

Personally I like the lineup of Conley, Allen, Gay, Speights, Gasol with Arenas, Mayo, Pondexter, Z-Bo and Haddadi or Cunningham off the bench depending on the matchups.

#3 Dwash

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,203 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:09 AM

Pondexter was doing so nicely but he seems to have been phased out since Zbo returned and we went back to Pargo/Arenas at backup point.. I hope he gets tick in the playoffs.

I really like just cutting out the PG spot and letting OJ do it. He isn't any worse than Pargo and can score on PG's better than he can SG's....

#4 STS

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Interests:NBA,NFL,MLB,NHL.

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:39 AM

10 man rotation will definitely help with this condensed schedule. Our team is very deep. We can play halfcourt game or a running game. Our guys are fast. I watch a lot of NBA games and the speed we use on our fast breaks rivals Miami, Denver, and OKC. Yet, if we wanted to slow the game down, put Marc at the high post and let him run plays.

#5 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,795 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:46 AM

I just wish the team had this lineup for a longer period of time. Chemistry is a fragile thing and the Grizzlies need to generate it again after establishing it at after acquiring Pondexter, Cunningham and Speights early in the season. Adding Z-Bo and Arenas now means a whole new chemistry needs to be built. I hope they can do it.

#6 oldmanGrizz

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:06 AM

I know what Z-Bo said about not starting last night, but I have a funny feeling it's not going to sit well for long. Don't forget that it took OJ a while to accept it. There's not a bunch of games left to be tinkering with a line-up.

#7 realgfan

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:32 PM

View PostoldmanGrizz, on 26 March 2012 - 11:06 AM, said:

I know what Z-Bo said about not starting last night, but I have a funny feeling it's not going to sit well for long. Don't forget that it took OJ a while to accept it. There's not a bunch of games left to be tinkering with a line-up.

This shouldn't even be an issue Randolph is playing his way back into shape ...I feel like having Zach out their with Mayo calms Mayo down from jacking crazy shots all night now all they have to do is work arenas in their some how with Zach and Mayo off the bench that's a scary team to face in the playoffs if we make it

#8 guillermo

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:31 PM

two years ago we had no bench

now we potentially have one of the best/deepest benches in the league (assuming zbo stays there)

if we gel we could be scary good

#9 grizzfan8390

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,618 posts
  • Interests:My music, I have an album out on iTunes for all the country fans out there!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:51 AM

Zach won't be on the bench long... He just needs to get back into a rhythm. It won't take him long.

#10 zacgrizz

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:30 AM

The more and more I think about it, the more I like it. Speights helped this team a ton with Zach out and having Zach and Mayo coming in off the bench is something that no other team can do. This move makes it to where there is almost no drop off when the bench players come in. Just look at how much the Lakers changed between 1st and 2nd units.

Hollins has stated that Zach will have to get used to how this team works now because it's changed somewhat since he was here before he got hurt. Again, Zach will play 30-40 minutes a game in the playoffs and Speights will probably only play like 20mpg so Zach will be the crunch time guy. Hollins doesn't care who you are, he does what is best for the team. Same way he wouldn't put up with Iverson demanding to be a starter, same way he moved OJ to the bench to give them a pure scorer because they lacked punch in the second unit. If he keeps Z-bo coming off the bench and they keep winning, he will likely keep it that way.

Doing this line up, the Grizzlies brought 41 points, 25 rebounds, 9 assists, 4 steals, and 4 blocks off the bench against the Lakers.

#11 STS

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Interests:NBA,NFL,MLB,NHL.

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:04 AM

I think Speights can be a good player off the bench. If our team learns how to set good on ball picks he can and pop from that mid range shot he loves. But for now, until we get valuable practice to mesh zbo with our starters, I think Speights is more effective than Zbo to start a game.

#12 rc0213

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:15 AM

Speights has the potential to be the Z-Bo for the starting lineup if he would work on his shots. Z-Bo is supposed to be starting sometime down the road, so Speights would be the bench lineup. OJ is the counter to Rudy, but for as much money as Rudy is being paid, Rudy should be shooting the lights out with a lot better shooting percentage and to be more aggressive. Why pay Rudy so much just to see Rudy play average most of the time?

OJ has shown potential, he is just too quick on the threes coming right off the bench. If OJ is to do that, OJ needs to be practicing the three a lot more to be more effective during game time.

Pargo or Selby need to really step up for the bench lineup, both are so timid on controlling the game. They go around like they are lost and out of control. They need to command respect once they have the ball.

Gasol has not been producing lately and needs to work on a good hook shot or learn to work around the net better.

But, as a team, they need to crash the board on both sides a lot more to get second shots.

WE ARE MEMPHIS!!

Go Grizzlies!!!

#13 grizzly grit

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:36 PM

Since Rudy Gay and Zach Randolph can play without each other, Rudy can have his own team and Randolph his.

Rudy's Team:

C Gasol
PF Speights
SF Gay
SG Allen
PG Conley

Randolph's Team:

C Hadadi
PF Randolph
SF Cunningham/Pondexter
SG Mayo/Arenas
PG Pargo/Selby

p.s.

I inadvertently left out OJ Mayo. Of course, there is OJ Mayo.

#14 grizz_time

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:44 PM

Chicago could potentially field two competitive teams, but if we are playing them that's the least of our worries.

Rose
Brewer
Korver
Boozer
Asik

Watson
Butler/Lucas
Deng
Gibson
Noah

#15 costarica2

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,521 posts
  • Interests:Boobs

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:19 PM

Dante did not play much vs the lakers and I think we should do that more.

Zbo,MO,Dante,Marc and Haddai I think we should have a 3/4 man rotation depending on how big the other team is.

Big team play Haddai at C MO at PF small team Dante and MO.

#16 GrizzCR

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:23 PM

View Postgrizz_time, on 27 March 2012 - 12:44 PM, said:

Chicago could potentially field two competitive teams, but if we are playing them that's the least of our worries.

Rose
Brewer
Korver
Boozer
Asik

Watson
Butler/Lucas
Deng
Gibson
Noah
I like the way you think!!!

#17 chipc3

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,795 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:23 PM

View Postcostarica2, on 27 March 2012 - 01:19 PM, said:

Dante did not play much vs the lakers and I think we should do that more.

Zbo,MO,Dante,Marc and Haddai I think we should have a 3/4 man rotation depending on how big the other team is.

Big team play Haddai at C MO at PF small team Dante and MO.
I understand the love for Haddadi but he works best against big centers. I don't want Haddadi trying to defend Kevin Love or Anthony Tolliver tonight.

Hollins understands that and will make sure the lineups reflect the best combinations for the Grizzlies to win the most games.

#18 GrizzFan93

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:45 PM

Chicago cannot put up two lineups. without noah in the starting lineup they couldn't defend jack. Rose is a overrated defender. You kind of mixed up those lineups anyways. deng and noah start every game they are healthy. they are not as deep as us. However, they are chicago and have the MVP