176 replies to this topic

#21 lilojmayo

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:48 PM

View Postbowdowntothegrizz, on 26 March 2012 - 01:27 PM, said:

Will you stop already? Every pick in the NBA is a lottery pick. My goodness man, get over it and move on with the team we have. We are are all sick of hearing it.

Is isn't as bad now, due to the fact the the Twolves are awful, and the Grizzlies are championship contenders ( if they get their act together ). But the long term affect could be very costly, how many years does Zach have left in the tank? The bench will be depleted, due to overpaying literally every starter. ( Unless Josh Sebly develops). There really is just a very small window for the Grizzlies, to make a legit run and this year probably is it.

Twolves have a mega star to build around, and arguably the best pure passing PG in the NBA. They are a wingmen away ( Monta Ellis, OJ Mayo, Tyreke Evans, Rodney Stuckey, etc) from being a huge problem out West for Years to come.

#22 Kevin B Moses

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,036 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:23 PM

View PostWells, on 26 March 2012 - 11:59 AM, said:

Kevin Love's stat line for his career vs. the Grizzlies.

14.9 PPG and 9.9 rebounds? Compared to his career numbers, that looks pretty stopped, or at least contained.

this season love is on another level. the last game he played against us he put up 27-14. We beat the tpups when he was dnp'd for a suspension which was lucky for us.

#23 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,776 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:17 PM

View PostKevin B Moses, on 26 March 2012 - 02:23 PM, said:

this season love is on another level. the last game he played against us he put up 27-14. We beat the tpups when he was dnp'd for a suspension which was lucky for us.
we also beat them IN Minny when he was playing and neither game did we have Zach--I know I know, having Zach right now is not like having him last year, but we still did beat them at the Target Center

#24 ItIsWhatItIs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,261 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:30 PM

Love doesn't struggle against Memphis, he struggles against Randolph. He averages 14 and 10 against Z-Bo, type of guy who'll frustrate Love

#25 El Guapo

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:38 PM

View Postlilojmayo, on 26 March 2012 - 01:20 PM, said:

Kevin Love is a monster. We all are at fault for picking a hyped character, with questionable work ethnic and character. over a blue collared, underrated gym rat.

All except for Kevin B Moses.

#26 Wells

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:12 PM

View Postsouthbluffsgrizzfan, on 26 March 2012 - 04:17 PM, said:

we also beat them IN Minny when he was playing and neither game did we have Zach--I know I know, having Zach right now is not like having him last year, but we still did beat them at the Target Center

View PostKevin B Moses, on 26 March 2012 - 02:23 PM, said:

Ah, you mean this game where we beat the T'Wolves without Zach and before Mo and Hadaddi were with the team, with Dante starting at power forward and Rudy being his backup. So, let's take that game out of consideration for a second. That means prior to that game, in the eight games where he played against Memphis, he averaged 13.4 points and 9.4 rebounds. And in at least two of those games, they played him late in the game in blowouts because they were trying to preserve his "double-double" streak, which was the only bright spot they had in their dismal season last year. If you look at his actual game stats against the Grizzlies, he looks mostly pedestrian.

#27 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,776 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:50 PM

View PostWells, on 26 March 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:

Ah, you mean this game where we beat the T'Wolves without Zach and before Mo and Hadaddi were with the team, with Dante starting at power forward and Rudy being his backup. So, let's take that game out of consideration for a second. That means prior to that game, in the eight games where he played against Memphis, he averaged 13.4 points and 9.4 rebounds. And in at least two of those games, they played him late in the game in blowouts because they were trying to preserve his "double-double" streak, which was the only bright spot they had in their dismal season last year. If you look at his actual game stats against the Grizzlies, he looks mostly pedestrian.
I had forgotten that Mo and HH hadnt made it to the team yet. Not sure if HH would have made much difference back then but Mo would have helped us for sure.

I have always thought that when matched up against a healthy, mid season form Zach, Love just hasnt been the player Zach has been. Dont know if I want to use the term Zach has "owned" Kevin but well....I will just leave that alone.

I do remember several times Love staying in games and the crowd staying around merely to see that he kept his double double streak in tact. I think one of the games against us last year he barely got it with something like 10 and 10 or in that neighborhood.

But this year, I will give Kevin some props. His team up until RRRRRicky RRRRRubio got hurt was winning and making a push for the playoffs and he has developed an outside game that is stout. But tomorrow night he wont be up against a normal Zach Randolph.

#28 Granttis

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts
  • Interests:Salmon & Mashed Potatoes

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:57 PM

View PostItIsWhatItIs, on 26 March 2012 - 04:30 PM, said:

Love doesn't struggle against Memphis, he struggles against Randolph. He averages 14 and 10 against Z-Bo, type of guy who'll frustrate Love
This.

#29 LoneGFS

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:59 AM

I can't believe the numbers Kevin Love puting on.
nobody thought he could be this good in his rookie yr. nobody.
Memphis looked like a clear winner choosing Mayo.

It's unfair to say Grizzlies should've kept Love.
still no doubt we choose the more talented one.
Love just kept working his as off and Mayo just didin't pan out as we hoped.

#30 lilojmayo

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:08 AM

View PostLone Grizz Fan in Seoul, on 27 March 2012 - 05:59 AM, said:

The Kevin Love-OJ Mayo trade could go down in history, on par with Bowie over Jordan. or Oden over Durant.

Love is every bit as good as his stats, if you actually watch him. He has the upper hand on any person that tries to guard him. He is a once in a lifetime player.

It is a lesson for all GM, if there are too very closely rated players, work ethic, character issues matter moreso than talent.

Even the most talented knucklehead ( Allen Iverson), never won anything, that alone should give you a red flag to stay away from those type of players

#31 GrizzliesIQYO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,846 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:14 AM

Ready for a home W!!!

YO

#32 costarica2

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,558 posts
  • Interests:Boobs

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:26 AM

Rudy Gay loves the Wolves for some reason.

So I see us winning.

#33 lilojmayo

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:29 AM

View PostLone Grizz Fan in Seoul, on 27 March 2012 - 05:59 AM, said:

The best part about Love is his 3 point shooting off the pick and pop. Bigs are simple to slow on their rotation to recover. He shoots that 3 ball lights out. When Love gets a legit offensive wing threat offensively, man this guy going to do some things.

If the Twolves were smart they'd go all in for Monta Ellis or Eric Gordon, possibly OJ Mayo if he decides he wants to play basketball.

#34 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,375 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:32 AM

View Postlilojmayo, on 27 March 2012 - 08:29 AM, said:

The best part about Love is his 3 point shooting off the pick and pop. Bigs are simple to slow on their rotation to recover. He shoots that 3 ball lights out. When Love gets a legit offensive wing threat offensively, man this guy going to do some things.
Dude seriously, who cares? If you're in to Kevin Love so much then become a Timberwolves fan.

#35 GrizzedByBluffCity

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Interests:** Please DO NOT REPLY to this computer generated e-mail. **

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:17 AM

I have to finally eat crow over my constant belittling of Kevin Love and denial for the last 3 years. But not tonight!!!!!!!!! NOT IN OUR HOUSE!!!!

#36 Wells

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:32 AM

View PostGrizzedByHibachi, on 27 March 2012 - 10:17 AM, said:

I have to finally eat crow over my constant belittling of Kevin Love and denial for the last 3 years. But not tonight!!!!!!!!! NOT IN OUR HOUSE!!!!
Before you eat the crow, look at his stats in relationship to the rest of his team. Other than Peklovic and Rubio, nobody else is really producing. They have had to go to him because they do not have anyone else.

Love has taken 880 shots this season, making 400 (45.45%). Of those shots, 230 have been three point attempts of which he has made 87 (37.83%). All that outside shooting has taken him away from the basket, where he got most of his points last year on offensive rebounds. The T'Wolves have been able to get away with it because Peklovic has been a beast on the offensive glass. Love has been getting fouled more, and shooting more free throws (323 makes on 396 attempts for 81.57%). He shot a higher percentage in all three shooting categories last year. More shots and more free throws are why his scoring numbers are up, not that he has really done anything major to improve his game.

Solution, don't foul him on the perimeter. I leave Marc in the paint, and let Mo, Q-Pon and Rudy cover him most of the night. If he lingers too long out on the perimeter most trips, sick Tony on him for a few possessions. Love does not have the handles to withstand "in your face" defensive pressure. He gets away with so much because the people guarding him are big guys who don't know how to defend on the perimeter. We have the players to mess with his dynamics.

Love, if he were on the Grizzlies, would not be producing his current numbers because of two factors. One, he would not be the main focus of our offense like he is in Minnesota. We have other players who can and do contribute. Two, Love cannot play our style of play. He is not the type defender to Grit 'N' Grind, and we have already seen in a couple of All-Star events that he and Marc DO NOT GET ALONG. Our team is successful because all of our players like each other. They trust each other. Love does not show that type demeanor.

#37 catalina2013

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:32 PM

I'm worried about how they seem to love to shoot the three., and how we seem to have trouble defending teams who shoot a lot of threes.
If Minnesota doesn't go crazy on us and make a bunch of them, we should win.

And K. Love does it all, scores from everywhere, rebounds, etc. Not sure how good of a defender he is.

#38 Grizzled Vet

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

I was hoping the T'Wolves would have faded a little bit more without Ricky Rubio, which allows me to bring up my favorite Michael Heisley quote of all time when he defended the Thabeet pick over Ricky Rubio (among others).

from 2010:

Q. Was Hasheem Thabeet a bad pick with the No. 2 overall selection?
A. No. I don't think Thabeet's a bad pick. Everybody told me I should pick (Ricky) Rubio. What would we be doing with him now? Winning the Spanish League?

And as much as that interview was discussed back then, there is more that could be discussed.

http://www.commercia...r/08/owning-up/

#39 T Grizzle

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:59 PM

Coach needs more Arenas this game.....and more Z-Bo......cut down Conley minutes.....

#40 New_Sacred_Cow

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:balencesto.

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:31 PM

I'm curious to see if Arenas gets any minutes this game. Looks like coach is seeing something more out of Pargo lately?