176 replies to this topic

#1 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,455 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:18 PM

Benches

Grizzlies Gilbert ArenasDarrell Arthur Marc Gasol Hamed Haddadi O.J. Mayo Jeremy Pargo Quincy Pondexter Zach Randolph Josh Selby
Timberwolves Jose Barea Michael Beasley Wayne Ellington Malcolm Lee Darko Milicic Brad Miller Nikola Pekovic Anthony Randolph Ricky Rubio Anthony Tolliver

#2 Granttis

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts
  • Interests:Salmon & Mashed Potatoes

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:29 PM

Kevin Love is in straight beast mode right now. Hope we can somehow slow him down.

#3 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,375 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:03 PM

View PostGranttis, on 25 March 2012 - 07:29 PM, said:

Kevin Love is in straight beast mode right now. Hope we can somehow slow him down.
He hasn't had to face Zbo yet this season though.

Win.

#4 ItIsWhatItIs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:22 PM

Conley should drop some big numbers this game. Guards who play average defense and zero big men that protect the paint

#5 Xerion

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:Sports, women, agriculture, photography, computers

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:30 PM

Pekovic is out.

#6 GrizzliesIQYO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,827 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:44 PM

19 games left..Every game is a playoff game from on here on out..Just take them one game at a time..We should win this game at home...We just have to bring it and make it hard on Larry Bird Jr. lol

YO

#7 Kevin B Moses

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,901 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:46 PM

Love plays with a chip on his shoulder, and he can't be stopped. I just hope that the rest of their team doesn't show up.

#8 GrizzliesIQYO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,827 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:06 AM

This is a huge week..I noticed their is a gap between our games this week so we can actually practice a couple times before we hit the road again..

YO

#9 Kevin B Moses

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,901 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:40 AM

View PostGrizzliesIQYO, on 26 March 2012 - 12:06 AM, said:

This is a huge week..I noticed their is a gap between our games this week so we can actually practice a couple times before we hit the road again..

YO

it's important for the grizz to beat houston on the road. We also have dallas on the tail end of the back to back to back.

I'd almost give up the second of the back to back to back; and concentrate solely on beating dallas. If we beat dallas and houston we win the tie breakers against them. And that eliminates a lot of worry about making the playoffs since we own the tie breakers against everyone below us except for the jazz. (and portland, but they are out of it.)

#10 Minarae

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,204 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:37 AM

Z-bo is the anti-love machine.

We can win this, just hope that our guys show up!

#11 STS

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 991 posts
  • Interests:NBA,NFL,MLB,NHL.

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:28 AM

Make Love work on defense against our bigs and it should limit his offensive output somewhat. Let's hope Webster and Johnson can't get their 3 point shot working. You know how it is, the worst 3 point shooters have career nights beyond the arc. I want Arenas in against Barea. He should take him to the post easily.

#12 grizzwhizz

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:48 AM

we may have to just let love get his and stop everyone else. if we focus too much on him, the role players could burn us. heck, love is averaging 40.5 pts and 17.5 reb over his last two games. this guy is putting up numbers that are eye popping. 26.3 ppg and 13.9 reb on the season...unbelievable. matchup nightmare for opposing teams. that trade is gonna look even worse when its all said and done. Love is on a hall of fame path, and oj is.......well oj, a role player. oh well, at least we are the better team

#13 BeastModeGrizz

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:40 AM

Marc should stop Love! If he does we can win this.

#14 grizzwhizz

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:34 AM

View PostXander32, on 26 March 2012 - 10:40 AM, said:

Marc should stop Love! If he does we can win this.

oh yea!! I guess nobody has thought of that. Just have one of your players stop love. simple and easy. good thinking

#15 Subliminal

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:56 AM

View Postgrizzwhiz, on 26 March 2012 - 11:34 AM, said:

oh yea!! I guess nobody has thought of that. Just have one of your players stop love. simple and easy. good thinking

:D

#16 Wells

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:59 AM

View PostKevin B Moses, on 25 March 2012 - 11:46 PM, said:

Love plays with a chip on his shoulder, and he can't be stopped. I just hope that the rest of their team doesn't show up.

Kevin Love's stat line for his career vs. the Grizzlies.

14.9 PPG and 9.9 rebounds? Compared to his career numbers, that looks pretty stopped, or at least contained.

#17 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,658 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:03 PM

View Postgrizzwhiz, on 26 March 2012 - 09:48 AM, said:

we may have to just let love get his and stop everyone else. if we focus too much on him, the role players could burn us. heck, love is averaging 40.5 pts and 17.5 reb over his last two games. this guy is putting up numbers that are eye popping. 26.3 ppg and 13.9 reb on the season...unbelievable. matchup nightmare for opposing teams. that trade is gonna look even worse when its all said and done. Love is on a hall of fame path, and oj is.......well oj, a role player. oh well, at least we are the better team
As Love continues he ascent into the NBA stratosphere of present day elite players, I am developing much more respect for him and on top of that, he seems to be a great person off the court.

But if the Grizzlies had kept Love, they wouldnt have gone after Zach. But some may argue that with KLove, there would be no need for Zach. Although a few years older, Zach can hold his own with KLove when matched up against each other. KLove's newly developed 3 pt shooting, I must admit, has given him a dimension to his game that Zbo doesnt have. Zach can hit the occasional soft 3 pointer, but Love is draining them on a nightly basis and getting 15+boards as well.

All this is to say that you dont get a chance to "do things over." Zach came to the Grizzlies at the right time for a reason. Hindsight is 20/20. OJ had been touted by tons of basketball people as a talented stud. Its not like everyone knew that OJ was destined to be a 6th man/role player. Im sure many thought he would be a Monta Ellis type player. But things happen for a reason. And I am glad we got Zach. He has meant the world to this franchise.

#18 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,375 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:07 PM

that trade is gonna look even worse when its all said and done. Love is on a hall of fame path, and oj is.......well oj, a role player. oh well, at least we are the better team
I think Love is overrated, and I guess we'll never know if keeping him would have worked out for us, but I don't think there is any doubt that we got the short end of the deal with that trade.

Oh well, just something else to add to the list of Grizzlies front office failures.

#19 lilojmayo

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:20 PM

Kevin Love is a monster. We all are at fault for picking a hyped character, with questionable work ethnic and character. over a blue collared, underrated gym rat.

Kevin Love 3 point stroke is amazing, simply amazing. Never has the NBA seen a player like him. It's only a matter of time before Love gets paired with an elite wingplayer. Then after that good luck NBA.

#20 bowdowntothegrizz

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:27 PM

View Postlilojmayo, on 26 March 2012 - 01:20 PM, said:

Kevin Love is a monster. We all are at fault for picking a hyped character, with questionable work ethnic and character. over a blue collared, underrated gym rat.

Kevin Love 3 point stroke is amazing, simply amazing. Never has the NBA seen a player like him. It's only a matter of time before Love gets paired with an elite wingplayer. Then after that good luck NBA.

Will you stop already? Every pick in the NBA is a lottery pick. My goodness man, get over it and move on with the team we have. We are are all sick of hearing it.