20 replies to this topic

#1 Memphicity Design

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Interests:MemphisShirt.com

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:52 PM

The players actually listen and will respond to people on twitter (especially TA)

If your on Twitter let them all know how disappointed we as fans are with the performances lately.

Maybe if they know how much they have let us down it will light a spark under there seat.

I wish coach was on twitter.

#2 Allen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,625 posts
  • Location:The City Where I live in and the City Where im from

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:03 PM

Some of you need to go outside and enjoy this beautiful day

#3 Gone Fishing

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,632 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:17 PM

LOL.

#4 Grizzled Vet

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:48 PM

I think it was better in the "old" days when you just boo them at home games.

#5 El Guapo

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:04 PM

View PostAllen, on 24 March 2012 - 04:03 PM, said:

Hahahahaha! No kidding. This team is totally off right now and I'm sure they know it. I don't think twitter rants are going to solve anything. I say chill and be patient as this team looks to rediscover their strengths. Hopefully we can stay in the hunt and roll into the playoffs with some momentum. Realize the other teams are going to experience highs and lows just like us-so relax.

#6 Memphicity Design

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:49 PM

View PostEl Guapo, on 24 March 2012 - 06:04 PM, said:

Hahahahaha! No kidding. This team is totally off right now and I'm sure they know it. I don't think twitter rants are going to solve anything. I say chill and be patient as this team looks to rediscover their strengths. Hopefully we can stay in the hunt and roll into the playoffs with some momentum. Realize the other teams are going to experience highs and lows just like us-so relax.

You may be right but Twitter is a direct way to tell player(s) how you feel. Most of our players are on twitter all day long, so they will see what you say to them. If enough fans express their disappointment in effort, shooting, rebounding or whatever it may just motivate them to put a better product on the floor.

Earlier this season when TA was blowing a bunch of layups i tweeted him and said "no more layups, dunk the **** ball" The very next game he had a breakaway and he stuffed it down.

#7 costarica2

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,523 posts
  • Interests:Boobs

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

I think this is why we are paying Hollins to be our coach that's not our job.

#8 LoneGFS

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:02 PM

View PostAllen, on 24 March 2012 - 04:03 PM, said:

maybe Grizzlies are having too much fun on the road.
they look like a team that drink and party everynight.

#9 Gone Fishing

1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,632 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:13 PM

View PostLone Grizz Fan in Seoul, on 24 March 2012 - 08:02 PM, said:

maybe Grizzlies are having too much fun on the road.
they look like a team that drink and party everynight.

LOL

#10 BHZMAFIA

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,215 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:19 PM

I'm sure he isn't the only one, but I know Speights was out partying/drinking the night before the road trip.

#11 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,375 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:53 PM

So how exactly is directly criticizing the players going to help at all? These guys aren't idiots. They know when their playing like crap and I'm sure they're upset. They don't need anyone of us telling them what they're doing wrong. If anything, that's just going to bring their moral down.

Sharing your critical opinions on a fan message board is one thing, trying to contact the players directly is a whole different ball game and is (in my opinion) a bit inappropriate.

#12 El Guapo

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:10 PM

View Postalwilson, on 24 March 2012 - 07:49 PM, said:

Earlier this season when TA was blowing a bunch of layups i tweeted him and said "no more layups, dunk the **** ball" The very next game he had a breakaway and he stuffed it down.

Well, I stand corrected...

#13 Father Pat

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • Interests:The Memphis Grizzlies.

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:27 PM

View PostGTG, on 24 March 2012 - 09:53 PM, said:

So how exactly is directly criticizing the players going to help at all? These guys aren't idiots. They know when their playing like crap and I'm sure they're upset. They don't need anyone of us telling them what they're doing wrong. If anything, that's just going to bring their moral down.

Sharing your critical opinions on a fan message board is one thing, trying to contact the players directly is a whole different ball game and is (in my opinion) a bit inappropriate.
Have to agree. A mass verbal assault via twitter is not the answer. Nobody likes salt in the wound, and that is what this would be.
These men are professionals. They have hit a wall. I am confident that they will either find a way around the wall, or just bust through it.
This team has proven time and again that they have what it takes to get through adversity. We just need to continue to support them.
They won't quit on us, so we can't quit on them. In a week this nightmare will be over and the Grizzlies will be kicking NBA butt again.

#14 Memphicity Design

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:41 PM

View PostGTG, on 24 March 2012 - 09:53 PM, said:

GTG i agree with you 90% of the time but I can't now.

If they can't stand the heat then get out of the (twitter) kitchen.

#15 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,375 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:06 PM

View Postalwilson, on 24 March 2012 - 10:41 PM, said:

GTG i agree with you 90% of the time but I can't now.

If they can't stand the heat then get out of the (twitter) kitchen.
That is a decent point, but honestly, I think the reason the players are on twitter in the first place is more for the fans than themselves. How do you think they'd feel if they logged in after a tough loss and had to face a bunch of "hate mail"?

To put it in another sense, how would you feel if you had a hard day at work and got home to find a bunch of the people you work for had messaged you on twitter with critical remarks? It just doesn't seem right...

#16 Memphicity Design

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:51 PM

View PostGTG, on 24 March 2012 - 11:06 PM, said:

That is a decent point, but honestly, I think the reason the players are on twitter in the first place is more for the fans than themselves. How do you think they'd feel if they logged in after a tough loss and had to face a bunch of "hate mail"?

To put it in another sense, how would you feel if you had a hard day at work and got home to find a bunch of the people you work for had messaged you on twitter with critical remarks? It just doesn't seem right...

It would make me want to work harder and better... and that was the point of my OP

#17 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,375 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:58 PM

View Postalwilson, on 24 March 2012 - 11:51 PM, said:

It would make me want to work harder and better... and that was the point of my OP
I definitely see where you're coming from, my only point was that eventhough the intentions of a "twitter assault" would be to fire up the team, there's a potential risk of such a move backfiring by bringing the players down or even worse: resenting the fans.

#18 Memphicity Design

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:24 AM

View PostGTG, on 24 March 2012 - 11:58 PM, said:

I definitely see where you're coming from, my only point was that eventhough the intentions of a "twitter assault" would be to fire up the team, there's a potential risk of such a move backfiring by bringing the players down or even worse: resenting the fans.

touche...

but does a coach not come down (criticize) his players when they play poor?

Like I said earlier TA seemed to listen to a Twitter post. I guess we shouldn't bash them but motivate them with constructive criticism.

#19 catalina2013

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:39 AM

View PostEl Guapo, on 24 March 2012 - 10:10 PM, said:

Well, I stand corrected...

I doubt it .

#20 oldmanGrizz

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:44 AM

Expecting NBA players to perform at a higher level because fans express their displeasure is just absurd. They know they suck right now. Do you people really believe you have to tell them?

:lol: