265 replies to this topic

#1 SixthMan

Hall of Famer

• Game Thread
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,403 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:41 PM

Benches

Grizzlies Gilbert ArenasDarrell Arthur Dante Cunningham Hamed Haddadi O.J. Mayo Jeremy Pargo Quincy Pondexter Josh Selby Marreese Speights
Clippers Chauncey Billups Eric Bledsoe Reggie Evans Ryan Gomes Travis Leslie Kenyon Martin Trey Thompkins Mo Williams Nick Young

#2 ItIsWhatItIs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,104 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:32 PM

Hollins plays stupid lineup at an important time, Grizz lose

#3 STS

2nd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Interests:NBA,NFL,MLB,NHL.

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:35 PM

If Zbo doesn't play 30 minutes in this game I will be ******. No excuse to have OJ on the floor during crunch time when he isn't contributing. And this team has been struggling which means they will give us a tough game. Expect guys to hit half court shots and 30 foot fade aways because that's how good teams shoot against us from the 3 point line. Where is our toughness at?

#4 GTG

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,374 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:43 PM

For the record, this is the first game of the season that I'm declaring a "must win".

We can't afford to lose this one. Not only would it hurt our current positioning, but a loss would give the Clippers the tiebreaker can't let that happen.

For pete sakes Hollins, PLEASE don't play OJ. Arenas is much better option.

#5 Cam.

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:45 PM

We win both in LA..book it

#6 Lord Gordon

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:46 PM

Now watch us lose this game too.

#7 Golden Grizz

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:54 PM

I'm so pumped, get to see the Grizz live for the first time Saturday. Thankfully the Clippers are playing even worse than us right now.

#8 Memphicity Design

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts
  • Interests:MemphisShirt.com

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:57 PM

View PostCam., on 22 March 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

We win both in LA..book it

I LIKE IT!

#9 catalina2013

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:14 AM

We are better at 3 positions : #2,3,and 5. We have deeper bench, and I have a feeling Z-bo is going to play his best game to date. If Hollins manages the rotation/substitutions right; Grizz win. We should be fired up for this game, and we are due for a good game.

Have to think positive.
Negativity only makes you feel worse.

#10 catalina2013

Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:23 AM

Seem to be missing a team picture of Arenas. Hope he's still with us :huh:

#11 El Lobo

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:46 AM

View PostLord Gordon, on 22 March 2012 - 10:46 PM, said:

Now watch us lose this game too.

I'm not watching it. And as a special bonus, after they lose; I'm through posting.
Will I be missed? No. Do I care? No.

Take a look at the remaining games in the season and being REALISTIC tell me that we will do any better than 10 wins and 11 losse:

1.3/24 @ Clips
2.3/25 @ Lakers
3.3/27 Wolves
4.3/30 @ Rockets
5.3/31 @ Bucks
6.4/2 @ OKC
7.4/3 Warriors
8.4/4 @ Mavs
9.4/6 @ Heat
10.4/7 Mavs
11.4/9 Clips
12.4/11 Suns
13.4/12 @ Spurs
14.4/14 Jazz
15.4/15 @ Hornets
16.4/17 @ Wolves
17.4/18 Hornets
18.4/20 @ Bobcats
19.4/21 Blazers
20.4/23 Cavs
21.4/26 Magic
The Grizz will have 7 back to back games and 1 back to back to back.

A 10 and 11 finish to end the regular season puts the Grizz regular season record at 35 and 31.

Imo, that puts them in the lottery. It will take at minimum 36 and 30 to get the final #8 seed in the West.

Edited by El Lobo, 23 March 2012 - 05:16 PM.

#12 KoufosSnozz

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,834 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:48 AM

Grizz gonna lose.

#13 GrizzliesIQYO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,742 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:52 AM

Hopefully we can WAKE UP!! And continue to get better in practice ..,the schedule isn't doing us any favors ....we have our full roster so it's time to produce on the court

YO

#14 GrizzedByBluffCity

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,264 posts
  • Interests:** Please DO NOT REPLY to this computer generated e-mail. **

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:39 AM

“You’re supposed to win [THIS] game by 25,” Calipari said. “If you’re winning by 15, what’s the issue? What’s going on with the program? If you lose, God forbid, lose one, how can we lose this game?”

#15 Granttis

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,029 posts
  • Interests:Salmon & Mashed Potatoes

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:29 AM

View PostGTG, on 22 March 2012 - 10:43 PM, said:

For the record, this is the first game of the season that I'm declaring a "must win".

We can't afford to lose this one. Not only would it hurt our current positioning, but a loss would give the Clippers the tiebreaker can't let that happen.

For pete sakes Hollins, PLEASE don't play OJ. Arenas is much better option.
I agree this is a must win. We lose this then we probably get swept at Staples. We win this and we could get some confidence back for the ESPN game against LAL Sunday.

#16 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:50 AM

View Postlilgregmonroe, on 23 March 2012 - 06:48 AM, said:

Grizz gonna lose.
there is nothing in what I have seen since the Laker loss that tells me that we really have any chance of winning this game. Just being realistic.

Grizzlies have hit a wall or something. The defense is struggling. LAC has Randy Foye, Mo Williams, Nick Young, Caron Butler plus CP3 who can all hit 3 pointers. Plus Jordan/Griffin will be athletic in the paint.

Just rest assured that the Clippers will be chomping at the bit to beat us and get back in front of us in the standings.

This is not going to be pretty. I wish it could be but to win, you have to be able to put the ball in the basket and when it really counts, we cant do it. Grizzlies are like a deer in headlights when the opponent starts straight line driving right to the glass. Just think what CP3 is going to do to us knowing he can get to the basket anytime he wants to.

Honestly did anyone notice how badly we were missing shots last night? How "brick-like" our shots were at the end. Mike OJ Rudy all just clanged shot after shot after shot last night. They werent even close.

#17 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:57 AM

View Postcatalina2013, on 23 March 2012 - 02:14 AM, said:

We are better at 3 positions : #2,3,and 5. We have deeper bench, and if Z-Bo was at 100% He would hold his own against Griffin. If Hollins manages the rotation/substitutions right; Grizz win. We should be fired up for this game, and we are due for a good game.

Have to think positive.
Negativity only makes you feel worse.
all may be true, but we cant shoot. When you cant shoot, it puts a tremendous pressure on your defense to shut down the opponent. Other teams can go through scoring droughts because they can make up for it with 3 pt shooting.

We worked and worked and worked hard to go up 5 points last night in the 2nd half and then Portland simply popped a 3 pointer, we got a stop and attempted a length of the court pass that was intercepted (Arenas attempted the long pass) and Portland came back down and got a bucket. We had another empty possession and Portland hit another outside shot and within 2 mins our 5 pt lead had become a 2 point deficit and we never recovered.

I saw our defense put forth good effort in the 2nd half and several times the offense could not convert and get points. It has got to be discouraging to the team to play defense as hard as they do sometimes and get a stop only to get nothing on the other end.

Then we get desparate and start gambling and shooters are left wide open and the rest is history. We have seen it way too much lately

#18 Memphicity Design

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts
  • Interests:MemphisShirt.com

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:00 PM

View Postsouthbluffsgrizzfan, on 23 March 2012 - 11:50 AM, said:

there is nothing in what I have seen since the Laker loss that tells me that we really have any chance of winning this game. Just being realistic.

Just rest assured that the Clippers will be chomping at the bit to beat us and get back in front of us in the standings.

I normally do not correct people but I am a stickler for this one.... The correct term is "champing at the bit"

#19 southbluffsgrizzfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:20 PM

View Postalwilson, on 23 March 2012 - 12:00 PM, said:

I normally do not correct people but I am a stickler for this one.... The correct term is "champing at the bit"
well okay, champing then . They will be extremely anxious and fired up to beat us as they have lost 3 in a row and we are ahead of them in the standings.

#20 Grizzled Vet

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:51 PM

Not gonna lie; I don't see the Grizzlies winning this game or the next.

This team has been as discouraging to watch, and on these West Coast trips I'm almost always turning off the TV at the end of the game and kicking myself for staying up late to watch.

However, there is this part of me that that believes this team plays its best when its back are against the wall and when people give them no chance.

And that is why I think they will win tonight.